Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94

Thread: List of phones that CAN/CANT be activated on 4g prepaid?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    321
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0

    List of phones that CAN/CANT be activated on 4g prepaid?

    So I'm pretty mad right now. I bought a used Lumina Windows 8 phone for 4g. Took it into the Verizon store to get it activated. They said Verizon won't allow any Windows phones on the 4g network.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    923
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Activate another phone that can and do a sim swap

    Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2
    Have your phone upgraded to the new 4G service on Selectel MUHAMUHAMUHA

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    321
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm not sure what other phones can be activated and I don't have another 4g phone.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,481
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I'm not sure what other phones can be activated and I don't have another 4g phone.
    Good question. The thing is that the two top smartphone os's Ios and Android are most definitely heavily supported. Whether Windows Phone is supported at all on the new LTE plans is a big question. Unfortunately, Windows Phone users are a very small minority overall and I can see Verizon overlooking them. It is confirmed all the big dog phones, the benchmark ones (Note 3, Iphone 5s and Galaxy S5 ) are all confirmed to work on the new Allset LTE plans. Windows phones? Great question. I wanna know too.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    989
    Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    So I'm pretty mad right now. I bought a used Lumina Windows 8 phone for 4g. Took it into the Verizon store to get it activated. They said Verizon won't allow any Windows phones on the 4g network.

    Think about what you did. You took it to a Verizon Wireless store where they want you to sign a contract. They don't like prepaid customers because they don't make anything from them. You're better off just getting a FREE LTE SIM card (if you don't already have one) and calling Verizon Prepaid customer service up and starting new or switching service. Verizon Wireless store sales associates will lie about Verizon not offering prepaid LTE just to get you to sign your life away. It's sad, but yet true. Even AT&T Wireless tried to pull same crap with some of my friends who decided on the 60.00$ with 2.5GB of LTE Gophone plan. AT&T Wireless sales associates tried to lied about they don't offer FREE SIM card for Gophone nor do they have LTE.
    "Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take hold of things they can't control."

    -------LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) ---------HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)


    ONLY VERIZON WIRELESS. THE FASTEST, 4G LTE/XLTE PREPAID NETWORK!

    -------Primary FREE Wi-Fi ----Secondary FREE Wi-Fi (For my Guests)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,306
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Assuming a Verizon Lumia model was purchased, I agree on calling to try to get the phone activated. The press release doesn't state any conditions, which suggests any Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone in good standing can be activated, so to me it would be worth trying again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    131
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Think about what you did. You took it to a Verizon Wireless store where they want you to sign a contract. They don't like prepaid customers because they don't make anything from them. You're better off just getting a FREE LTE SIM card (if you don't already have one) and calling Verizon Prepaid customer service up and starting new or switching service. Verizon Wireless store sales associates will lie about Verizon not offering prepaid LTE just to get you to sign your life away. It's sad, but yet true. Even AT&T Wireless tried to pull same crap with some of my friends who decided on the 60.00$ with 2.5GB of LTE Gophone plan. AT&T Wireless sales associates tried to lied about they don't offer FREE SIM card for Gophone nor do they have LTE.
    How do you get the free LTE sim card?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    321
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm here again at a corporate Verizon store. SIM cards are free at corporate stores. But Verizon doesn't allow BYOD on 4g. I brought in a Moto Maxx. No go. So I gotta eat the cost of two phones now. I'm so pissed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    989
    Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkdigles View Post
    How do you get the free LTE sim card?

    By going to a Corporate store.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    989
    Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I'm here again at a corporate Verizon store. SIM cards are free at corporate stores. But Verizon doesn't allow BYOD on 4g. I brought in a Moto Maxx. No go. So I gotta eat the cost of two phones now. I'm so pissed.

    That sucks big time. They were wrong for making you purchase another phone. You should've just asked for the FREE LTE and left.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    923
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/insid...evice-verizon/

    Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,306
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    Verizon doesn't allow BYOD on 4g.
    This forum messes up links to Verizon webpages, but I would have them look at the Verizon Wireless News Center from July 15. The press release on their website titled "4G LTE Smartphones Available on ALLSET PLANS from Verizon" states:

    Customers who already own a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone can “bring their own device” and activate it on the ALLSET PLANS.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,742
    Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Call prepaid customer service. It really sounds as though the corporate stores, since they make no money off this, is willing to sabotage the product.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    989
    Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Call prepaid customer service. It really sounds as though the corporate stores, since they make no money off this, is willing to sabotage the product.

    Yes, that's exactly what they are doing. Since this is still new they know it won't last. People won't just stand there and take it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    321
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    What the manager told me Was only certain 4g phones can be activated. I asked for a list. They said there wasn't one for me to bring the phone in to have it checked. They did tell me about there new month to month no contract plans. But I'm not interested. My plan reups tomorrow for 3g service. I was trying to get my 3g plan switched to 4g before my money on my account Got used. They told me the cheapest plan month to month is 60 for 1 gig before tax. Right now I pay 66.32 on prepaid and I have 4gigs. I don't want any of the 4g prepaid phones they are selling on the website. I want my Maxx HD on my account. I was told to be patient, maybe next year I can put it on there.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. list of phones that can be tethered ?
    By themopedwhiz in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
  2. list of phones that can be tethered ?
    By themopedwhiz in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 01:34 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 08:59 PM
  4. Bell List of phones that can be *convinced* to use mp3s as ringtones
    By reallybigabe in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
  5. List of phones that can play youtube or flash videos?
    By JoshuaX in forum Windows Mobile Devices
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Bookmarks