Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Unlocked LG G3 (model D852) fully function With LTE on TELUS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trelarah View Post
    * TELUS rep told me any OS updates will have to be manually installed by connecting LG G3 to my PC (I knew this as the phone is Bell)
    * TELUS rep told me to keep the unlocking code as I may need to use it again if I update my OS (to Google's L OS whenever it comes out)
    -Wrong. Updates are sent over the Internet, not through your carrier. Your phone will still receive Bell's software updates through Wi-Fi or TELUS mobile data.
    -Wrong. Once a phone is unlocked, it will never get locked again.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the information!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yulet View Post
    -Wrong. Updates are sent over the Internet, not through your carrier. Your phone will still receive Bell's software updates through Wi-Fi or TELUS mobile data.
    -Wrong. Once a phone is unlocked, it will never get locked again.
    Awesome, thanks for the updates/corrections!

Feedback Score

* TELUS rep told me any OS updates will have to be manually installed by connecting LG G3 to my PC (I knew this as the phone is Bell)
    * TELUS rep told me to keep the unlocking code as I may need to use it again if I update my OS (to Google's L OS whenever it comes out)
    Oh my God;

TELUS Rep fed you a bunch of BS and you more then willing ate it. WoW
    Last edited by jattdesi; 08-10-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to confirm in case someone else reads this post one day.

- LG G3 D852 from Bell/Rogers can easily be unlocked
    - www.theunlockingcompany.com cost me $14CAD and took 5mins to send me a working unlock code with easy instructions and troubeshooting
    - My LG G3 now receives great LTE coverage on TELUS without battery drain or any other issues

* TELUS rep had to add in TELUS' APN code to access the network (took 30 seconds in store)
    The requirments to work in the Telco industry is ridiculous!
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    The requirments to work in the Telco industry is ridiculous!
    What? A pulse?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Oh my God;

TELUS Rep fed you a bunch of BS and you more then willing hate it. WoW
    You replied to a thread with absolutely no help and only to berate someone, then, you showed even more ignorance and laziness by not even proof reading your own post, i.e. "hate it".... WoW (indeed)!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dansamy View Post
    What? A pulse?

via the HoFo App
    Lol, pretty much.

Feedback Score
    You replied to a thread with absolutely no help and only to berate someone, then, you showed even more ignorance and laziness by not even proof reading your own post, i.e. "hate it".... WoW (indeed)!
    I wasn't trying to berate. I was just trying to tell you that you fell for the Telus Reps BS and you didn't need to post it because 99% of the Howard member wouldn't have fell for it and they would have called him out on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    I wasn't trying to berate. I was just trying to tell you that you fell for the Telus Reps BS and you didn't need to post it because 99% of the Howard member wouldn't have fell for it and they would have called him out on it.
    Trying vs. reality are two different things. Your post didn't do anything to assist, it only reiterated mistakes the poster (myself) had made. If you were to ask a question, and I know the answer, you're telling me you'd appreciate the same type of [email protected]$$ berating reply? I don't think so. The point of forums is to share information and help those with questions. As for the 99% of howardforums members not falling for what I had assumed (my fault) was the truth that the TELUS rep was telling me, well, that's why I came to this forum to begin with. Just think twice before you post/troll someone else's questions.

Thank you everyone for clearing up my questions/mistakes/assumptions/etc. Much appreciated. I'm loving my new unlocked (BELL) LG G3 with LTE on TELUS.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    I just bought a G3 that was locked to Rogers. I unlocked it and the voice part is working on the TELUS network. But no matter what I tried, I can't get the data to connect, 3G nor 4G. Here is what I have done so far.
    - WCDMA is not listed in any of the preferred network mode so I flashed the Bell stock ROM and now I'm getting the GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto option in the preferred network mode .... but no luck
    - I added the TELUS APN, but it doesn't appear to be using it.
    - I went into the Hidden Menu (3845#*852#) and tried changing the LTE RAT and Band but it doesn't seems to apply the change, it's almost like in read only mode

Usually it's not that hard to get the data working, but this phone is really giving me a hard time.

So I'd appreciate any advise. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    How do you mean it's not using the Telus APN?

Feedback Score
    Never mind the problem is solved. But what I meant is after I add a new APN, the new APN is listed but it's missing the radio button. I got someone else to try adding the entry for me and it turned out that it was an entry error. I believe it's the APN type field. I tried all combinations of "default,mms" with "+" signs, spaces, or commas. But none of them work. So I ended up leaving it as "default" and it worked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knguncle3 View Post
    Never mind the problem is solved. But what I meant is after I add a new APN, the new APN is listed but it's missing the radio button. I got someone else to try adding the entry for me and it turned out that it was an entry error. I believe it's the APN type field. I tried all combinations of "default,mms" with "+" signs, spaces, or commas. But none of them work. So I ended up leaving it as "default" and it worked.
    well then great! Enjoy your new phone.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    LG does not release much updates, you are covered, as per the code, you will not need it anymore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast