Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Unlocked LG G3 (model D852) fully function With LTE on TELUS?

Feedback Score

Question Will Unlocked LG G3 (model D852) fully function With LTE on TELUS?

I would like to buy the LG G3 from a Canadian carrier (Rogers or Bell), have it unlocked, insert a TELUS sim card, and be able to use the LG G3 LTE coverage on TELUS.

Does TELUS' LTE spectrum/band fully function with the LG G3 D852 Canadian model? Please let me know, I can't seem to fing a solid answer.

Thank you!

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it should be no problem getting LTE on Telus. You may want to check the bands on both Bell's, and Rogers devices though, just to be sure. I haven't checked the specs on them.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for mentioning the bands, it's the reason why I posted my question here.

Can someone please confirm if the LTE bands of the LG G3 D852 are compatible with TELUS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trelarah View Post
    Can someone please confirm if the LTE bands of the LG G3 D852 are compatible with TELUS?
    Bell, Rogers and TELUS use the same Band (4) on LTE 1700 MHz. TELUS has only 1700 MHz LTE, so it is fully compatible with their current network.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    May I ask why buy a Rogers phone to use on Telus?
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    May I ask why buy a Rogers phone to use on Telus?
    TELUS isn't launching the G3.

And OP, yes it will 100% work.

Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone, much appreciated. Since a) it'll work, and b) work with LTE, I'm going to buy it today when the stores open up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trelarah View Post
    Thank you everyone, much appreciated. Since a) it'll work, and b) work with LTE, I'm going to buy it today when the stores open up.
    Good luck, enjoy. I have had the LG G2 for a while and i love it.

Feedback Score
    Can't seem to get Bell to sell me the LG G3 without signing up for a contract (I'm already with TELUS). Tried over the phone and at my local store...hmm...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Typical at this point they want new actuvations with a phone like this. Why not buy it online or Pacific Mall?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Rogers sold me one outright with a sim and 10 top up pay as you go. Works perfectly on Telus LTE after unlocking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Rogers sold me one outright with a sim and 10 top up pay as you go. Works perfectly on Telus LTE after unlocking.
    Thanks Roger!! Few questions:
    1. Which Rogers location did you purchase yours from?
    2. So you just signed up for pay as you go?
    3. Where did you get it unlocked

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Victoria BC.
    No, I purchased a Pay as you Go top up for $10 plus the SIM card. Nothing was signed.
    www.theunlockingcompany.com

I would suggest keep trying different Rogers locations (call first). It is dependent on the manager, I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Victoria BC.
    No, I purchased a Pay as you Go top up for $10 plus the SIM card. Nothing was signed.
    www.theunlockingcompany.com

I would suggest keep trying different Rogers locations (call first). It is dependent on the manager, I think.
    It worked (sort of)! I went to all four Bell and Rogers stores at the Eaton Centre downtown Toronto. They were sold out but willing (when stock arrived) to sell the phone to me on a month by month plan or pay as you go plan with the phone being purchased outright. I then went to Wirelesswave in the mall, they sold me the Bell LG G3 for $700 no sim card, no contract, no mandatory pay as you go $10 card. Wirelesswave also included a 1yr additional warranty for $100 (even if I unlock the phone) which I will get the $100 back if I don't use the warranty claim in 2yrs. Just in case, to cover my ***, I had them document and sign everything I just mentioned. Now I just need to get my phone unlocked, then get my TELUS sim card trimmed down to micro sim CARD size (just learned you can do this), then I'm good to go
    Thanks for the help everyone!

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to confirm in case someone else reads this post one day.

- LG G3 D852 from Bell/Rogers can easily be unlocked
    - www.theunlockingcompany.com cost me $14CAD and took 5mins to send me a working unlock code with easy instructions and troubeshooting
    - My LG G3 now receives great LTE coverage on TELUS without battery drain or any other issues

* TELUS rep had to add in TELUS' APN code to access the network (took 30 seconds in store)
    * TELUS rep told me any OS updates will have to be manually installed by connecting LG G3 to my PC (I knew this as the phone is Bell)
    * TELUS rep told me to keep the unlocking code as I may need to use it again if I update my OS (to Google's L OS whenever it comes out)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast