Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Starting October 1st 2014, Verizon may start throttled unlimited data users

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    It was 6 GB when I got it a few months ago and yes its called max. One may have to ask for it as I had to do.
    how much is that plan? thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roundrulers View Post
    Instead of charging you $30 for unlimited data, they will charge you $30 for 6 GB per month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Waiting patiently for the FCC to give Verizon the ultimatum...
    '

You'll need lots of patience. You're talking about a government agency.......so it will operate at a glacial pace.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roundrulers View Post
    What he said. Same as your UL data plan. Difference being a subsidized phone and new 2 year comes with it providing your due for an upgrade. Works well for me as I was finally able to get internet at the house so same as UL for me. I was actually kind of surprised how much my data usage went south once I stopped tethering

EDIT: Another plus, throttling should never be incurred since the max is a dedicated data plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    EDIT: Another plus, throttling should never be incurred since the max is a dedicated data plan.
    Until they've ended UL data altogether and start tightening the screws on tiered data to squeeze even higher profits out of them.

/tightens tinfoil hat

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psiu View Post
    Until they've ended UL data altogether and start tightening the screws on tiered data to squeeze even higher profits out of them.

/tightens tinfoil hat
    Yep. I can see it already. "Oh, sorry, you are not on a "MAX" tiered plan. You will be subject to 'network optimization'."

As for waiting for the FCC, I hope you folks aren't holding your breath. Just saying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    I've got some unlimited 3G aircard plans subjected to the 2011 3G throttling policy. They are unusable anytime and everywhere: rural, urban, 5pm, 3am, you name it, it's less than 1xRTT speeds at all times of day. Anytime and Everywhere is considered congested per the 2011 3G "network management" strategy.

Therefore, the 4G throttling will make unlimited data plans unusable anywhere and everywhere as well. How they can get away with this considering the upper c band rules is beyond me...

For a point of comparison, a GSM HSPA+ operator (Viaero Wireless) in Colorado and Nebraska offers 100GB for ~$50 a month ($1 per gigabyte overage fee). They only have 20MHz in the PCS band and can offer those rates. Why can't Verizon? http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e-data-pricing
    I've been told by a few vzw employees that the 3g throttling is completely different than the 4g network optimization. Basically unless you're in a busy town during a few peak hours it won't be noticeable.

My hopes are the newer voip phones will be compatible with our unlimited plan. Then a year or two from now their network will be so much better any kind of optimization would be negligible.

1400 min plan with 2 unltd and 3 feature phones. Only 2 ffs are under contract.*

I phoned verizon corporate CS. They insisted the phone has to be purchased on or by the 24th not activated and actually you have the full 14 days after receiving your order to make any changes.*

I'm ordering from best buy tomorrow or Sunday. I have 3 upgrades available. I'm going to use my $50 bb gc (from SD tablet trade in) , get a Galaxy S5 or lg g3 for $49.99, get a free $50 best buy gift card from a previous promo. So minus upgrade fee it's only $30 oop.*

I will then wait 14 days to see if anything newer is released. If not, sell the phone brand new on eBay or swappa.com. Put the $450-$500 in savings and get the new Droid maxx refresh, moto maxx, or shamu for full retail.*

There's no point in me not doing this. If the network optimization is that bad I will sell the phone and pay the etf and not be in the hole.*

I have seen a few documents stating September 13th as the official starting day which makes more sense to me because they need some type of a grace period for customer returns.*

I had my account remarked accordingly so if I do need to exchange my phone (in case I buy from Verizon due to whatever) I will be in the clear and also had it remarked I wouldn't lose my unlimited plan if my phone arrived after the 24th.*

They aren't discounting our plans if we pay retail. And there's a significant chance the throttling won't be that bad. Plus we would just lower our plan to 700 mins, keep the feature phones only, and take our smartphone business elsewhere.*

Am I crazy? Because I do have a 32gb droid maxx with unlocked bootloader and it's a great phone. The only reason I'm upgrading early is because I don't want to add $30 a month data plan until next year.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Let's all send our complaints about the throttling notice on our bills to Tom Wheeler.

http://www.fcc.gov/leadership/tom-wheeler-mail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Let's all send our complaints about the throttling notice on our bills to Tom Wheeler.

http://www.fcc.gov/leadership/tom-wheeler-mail
    Done and done. Thanks for the link. I'll pass it on.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfriend View Post
    Done and done. Thanks for the link. I'll pass it on.

Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    tried to complain, when submitting, says page cant be found

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    tried to complain, when submitting, says page cant be found
    print out your complaint, put it in an envelope and stick a 49-cent stamp on it?

I realize it's 2014, but a hard copy complaint delivered by the post office still carries slightly more weight.

Feedback Score
    done, set to all the guys in the "leadership" list

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    So if all users will use more data, 5% threshold will go up.

Keep using data guys.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    So if all users will use more data, 5% threshold will go up.

Keep using data guys.
    I'm afraid they've already looked at usage and established their average. Otherwise I'd gladly do it. I don't want to be pegged as a high data user. Plus I have 105mbps xfinity internet.

Let's figure out a way to contact verizon, maybe by twitter from multiple people. That way they'll answer the questions.

Let's start out a list of questions to ask and we can compose a letter. If enough people ask maybe they'll answer. Here are some to start us off:

1. Is the statement on some users bills with unlimited plans warning them of optimization an indication that being in contract avoids optimization?

2. Will your top 5% amount of 4.7GB be reevaluated prior to October 1st?

3. Will unlimited data users be allowed to use this plan with voLTE devices?

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast