Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting October 1st 2014, Verizon may start throttled unlimited data users

Feedback Score
    I am really frustrated with verizon support forum. They are trying to argue with me and tell me it's impossible to have an unlimited line under contract because it removes the data.

I have 5 lines, 2 droid maxx with unlimited, and 3 feature phones. Due to our infrequent need to upgrade only 2 of the feature lines are under contract.

I am trying to clarify that being under contract prevents throttling beginning October 1?

If so does that mean we need to transfer upgrades until every line is under contract?

How would that work? 5 lines. Line A and B unlimited and eligible. Line C feature phone eligible. Line D and E are both feature phones under contact until 7/2016 and 8/2015.

Read this thread and please tell me that they're delusional

https://community.verizonwireless.co...ents%2F1936619

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

Feedback Score
    Just listen to how arrogant they are..

"adding a feature line is stupid. With tax/fees it would be almost $14 a month plus the discount cost and you have a useless line. just pay full price for the phone and quit trying to be sneaky about getting an upgrade to an unlimited data line. It's stuff like this which makes me wish Verizon would just cut the nonsense and end unlimited data. Then there wouldn't be any of this circus stuff.

Let's see Galaxy S5, $199 plus $35 activation fee, 24 payments of $14 a month = about $330 total =$564. Buying the phone outright would be $600. All that hassle for $36."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfriend View Post
    I am really frustrated with verizon support forum. They are trying to argue with me and tell me it's impossible to have an unlimited line under contract because it removes the data.

I have 5 lines, 2 droid maxx with unlimited, and 3 feature phones. Due to our infrequent need to upgrade only 2 of the feature lines are under contract.

I am trying to clarify that being under contract prevents throttling beginning October 1?

If so does that mean we need to transfer upgrades until every line is under contract?

How would that work? 5 lines. Line A and B unlimited and eligible. Line C feature phone eligible. Line D and E are both feature phones under contact until 7/2016 and 8/2015.

Read this thread and please tell me that they're delusional

https://community.verizonwireless.co...ents%2F1936619

Your clearly frustrating yourself. On Verizon's FAQ it doesn't mention anything about contract status, meaning it's targeted to all unlimited data users. Your arguement on being on contract has no merit with them. Sorry, but the storm is coming.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com...sure.tp_2.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mac. View Post
    Your clearly frustrating yourself. On Verizon's FAQ it doesn't mention anything about contract status, meaning it's targeted to all unlimited data users. Your arguement on being on contract has no merit with them. Sorry, but the storm is coming.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com...sure.tp_2.html
    I read a press release and it said it only affects those who have fulfilled their minimum term agreement. Meaning if you're in contract it doesn't apply. Right?

I don't want to fight here. I want to learn.

Feedback Score
    "In order to see slowed speeds under Network Optimization, you have to meet the following criteria:

Top 5% of data users (you use 4.7GB of data per month or more)
    Enrolled on an unlimited data plan or feature
    Have fulfilled their minimum contract term
    Are attempting to use data on a cell site that is experiencing high demand
    MORE Everything and other tiered data plans are not affected."

Meaning if I'm under contract I'm not subject to throttling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfriend View Post
    "In order to see slowed speeds under Network Optimization, you have to meet the following criteria:

Top 5% of data users (you use 4.7GB of data per month or more)
    Enrolled on an unlimited data plan or feature
    Have fulfilled their minimum contract term
    Are attempting to use data on a cell site that is experiencing high demand
    MORE Everything and other tiered data plans are not affected."

Meaning if I'm under contract I'm not subject to throttling.

You were reading the press released which was dated July 25th. The FAQ is the official policy which was updated July 28th. So the FAQ is what it the policy is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mac. View Post
    You were reading the press released which was dated July 25th. The FAQ is the official policy which was updated July 28th. So the FAQ is what it the policy is.
    Thanks for clarification. The Verge actually received a letter from Verizon. I'd like to see what it says.

We won't know how bad it will be until October 1st.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    According to this article http://bgr.com/2014/07/25/verizon-un...ta-throttling/ about 22% of Verizon's mobile customers are on unlimited data plans. I think Verizon has over 80 million total cellular customers, so 17 or 18 million on unlimited.
    After this came out, verizon said it had less than that.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As expected, Verizon gave the run around. Can't wait for the FCC's response.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy0326 View Post
    After this came out, verizon said it had less than that.

via the HoFo App
    Do you have a link?

Feedback Score
    Do you have a link?
    The update at the bottom of the page.

"UPDATE: A Verizon Wireless representative has contacted BGR via email to note that CIRP’s claim that 22% of Verizon subscribers are still on unlimited plans is not accurate, and the actual percentage is lower than that."

http://bgr.com/2014/07/25/verizon-un...ta-throttling/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    The update at the bottom of the page.

"UPDATE: A Verizon Wireless representative has contacted BGR via email to note that CIRP’s claim that 22% of Verizon subscribers are still on unlimited plans is not accurate, and the actual percentage is lower than that."

http://bgr.com/2014/07/25/verizon-un...ta-throttling/
    Thanks. 21.5% then.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. 21.5% then.
    Or it is 22% of post paid smartphone users. About 15 million customers and the equals about 15% of all their customers.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do you have a link?
    I can't find it. But I do remember that Verizon and att said they both had less than what the study reported. I think att said they only had 19% left on unlimited but verizon didn't say.
    Edit: never mind I didn't see the post above. They just updated the original article.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    So if 4.7GB means top 5% then everybody needs to start using more data to bring the top 5% to a higher threshold. Especially those on unlimited and those who are paying for tiered plans and not using all of their data.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast