Thread: AT&T adding insurance to line?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

AT&T adding insurance to line?

So back 2 bill cycles ago I added a line to my family share plan in store. Just got the sim had bought a iPhone outright from apple. A week later I get a "welcome" packet for mobile insurance in the mail. So I wait the next bill cycle I noticed that mobile locate and mobile protection had been added to that line. Called had it removed, no problems. Next bill cycle was fine. About a week after that bill I get another "welcome" packet in the mail. So I wait for my most recent bill cycle which just generated and sure enough mobile locate and mobile protection are back.

Yes I have checked with the owner of that line. Whom is my partner. He hasn't done anything but bought a new lighting cable in store (was close by his hotel) about a month ago.

Is it possible the rep that added the line in store is adding the insurance after I remove it? Or the rep that sold the cable?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I mean it is always possible that it was added. But if only a lightening cable was bought, it seems odd insurance would have been added on.
    Verizon "The New Unlimited Plan"
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data
    AT&T 2X Mobley Connected Car UNL Plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Probably the store rep was desperate to add a feature to meet his sales goals. Not saying that justifies it if that's what happened.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    yes they have done this to me twice.... it's always the store rep....

go in to buy a car charger then I see the Mobile Protection and insurance pack added
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I mean it might be a coincidence that it happened to be for two billing cycles in a row, but maybe just wait and see if it happens for the next cycle, and then complain to them if it does happen again.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, OnePlus 5, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI, T-Mobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny4G View Post
    yes they have done this to me twice.... it's always the store rep....

go in to buy a car charger then I see the Mobile Protection and insurance pack added
    Happened to me to when adding a line to my plan. The funny thing is that the phone was used and never was sold by AT&T (International Galaxy S II).

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score
    I have a good friend that works at att and they are constantly being pressured to sell insurance and accessories and add on services. They have unrealistic goals and unfortunately they do UN ethical things so they do not get written up. By no means i condone these practices. My only advice before signing anything read everything and have the manager go over everything you agreed to purchase . Also document the reps name and the manager information, Also ask them to give you a print out of the transaction indicating total cost for services agreed ... I personally deal with the online crew and conduct all business via phone. I get sick walking into the store and observing the reps trying to up sell UN informed customers worthless features and the sad part is that the majority of the consumers are clueless