Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T mobile cheaper than AT&T?

Feedback Score

T mobile cheaper than AT&T?

I'm considering switching my mom to t mobile from att to a smartphone wondering will it be any cheaper with data plan versus att

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antawnm26 View Post
    I'm considering switching my mom to t mobile from att to a smartphone wondering will it be any cheaper with data plan versus att
    It might be, but for a lot of people it isn't worth it because of the poor coverage.
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Well I checked her area it seems pretty solid..just curious as if anyone have already taken the time to break down the price comparison

Feedback Score
    You can easily do a price comparison by going to both carrier websites and picking the plan you want and compare them. Its hard for us to do that for you as we don't know your usage habit's.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    How much data do you use a month, and what's the coverage like in your area? What's "solid?" 2G? 4G? LTE?

Feedback Score
    Well its for my mom... she wouldn't need no more than 1gb of data but she use a lot of minutes the data is 4g

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score

Why...

...can't you just look it up yourself by using both sites?

Well its for my mom... she wouldn't need no more than 1gb of data but she use a lot of minutes the data is 4g

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damba98 View Post
    ...can't you just look it up yourself by using both sites?
    Well I just did..and come to find out its things they offer that's not on the site...for example $70 unlimited 4gtle minutes and messaging which I might give up my att unlimited data for..lol....plus the plans are different in minutes and data figured someone has done the ground work

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It can be quite a bit less expensive, however you want to make absolutely sure that T-Mobile's coverage is adequate for your (mom's) needs before you make the switch. Today someone on T-Mobile's support forums was complaining that T-Mobile had no service at all in Union, Washington (which is way out on the Hood Canal). My response was that, considering that AT&T had only 2G service there and Verizon had only EvDO, using T-Mobile there was like buying a Prius when what you really need is a F-250 truck, then complaining because it won't tow a 6,000 lb trailer. T-Mobile's strength is their unlimited plans in urban & suburban areas. Folks with T-Mobile who live in these areas can stream all day with no fear of data overages. On some plans they may hit a throttle point but they won't be charged more. They're also very good for a lot of international destinations. Where they fall flat on their respective faces is with rural service. Worst possible choice if you live, or even play, in the country or spend a lot of time driving between cities.

Maybe if you told us more about what your mom needs for phone service, we could give you some advice.

Don't believe T-Mobile's coverage maps. Check out the maps on Sensorly.com.

Many ATT phones will work well on T-Mobile once they are unlocked to accept any SIM, and vice versa.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It can be quite a bit less expensive, however you want to make absolutely sure that T-Mobile's coverage is adequate for your (mom's) needs before you make the switch. Today someone on T-Mobile's support forums was complaining that T-Mobile had no service at all in Union, Washington (which is way out on the Hood Canal). My response was that, considering that AT&T had only 2G service there and Verizon had only EvDO, using T-Mobile there was like buying a Prius when what you really need is a F-250 truck, then complaining because it won't tow a 6,000 lb trailer. T-Mobile's strength is their unlimited plans in urban & suburban areas. Folks with T-Mobile who live in these areas can stream all day with no fear of data overages. On some plans they may hit a throttle point but they won't be charged more. They're also very good for a lot of international destinations. Where they fall flat on their respective faces is with rural service. Worst possible choice if you live, or even play, in the country or spend a lot of time driving between cities.

Maybe if you told us more about what your mom needs for phone service, we could give you some advice.

Don't believe T-Mobile's coverage maps. Check out the maps on Sensorly.com.

Many ATT phones will work well on T-Mobile once they are unlocked to accept any SIM, and vice versa.
    Thanks for that information. ..like the f250 scenario I have one..lol...well she does go to Chesapeake VA a lot but as far traveling a lot she does not...

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    With Tmobile, the maps may show excellent 4g LTE coverage but you may have to deal with poor building penetration.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Yeah that's what I'm hearing poor building reception

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post
    With Tmobile, the maps may show excellent 4g LTE coverage but you may have to deal with poor building penetration.

via the HoFo App
    I can second this. My area shows great E coverage but E isn't anywhere to be found. It's all G (GPRS).

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-mobile has this thing called Test-drive. You may have heard of it.
    Basically, they give you an iPhone 5S for 7 days to use and try out the network, at no cost to you. They send you the phone, and at the end of the week, you just return it.

Easy and free way to see if coverage works for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maege View Post
    T-mobile has this thing called Test-drive. You may have heard of it.
    Basically, they give you an iPhone 5S for 7 days to use and try out the network, at no cost to you. They send you the phone, and at the end of the week, you just return it.

Easy and free way to see if coverage works for you.
    Hmmmm I actually didn't know that I Wil Def give that a try

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast