Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap/limited prepaid plans for Verizon iPhone??

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question Cheap/limited prepaid plans for Verizon iPhone??

I just got an iPhone 4 which I bought on eBay. The phone is actually in very good condition and twice the GB that it was advertised at.

BUT, it's also a Verizon phone, not AT&T as advertised. (yes, I can return it if I choose to since it wasn't as advertised)

I was getting it for my daughter to use. She had an iPhone 3 which has major problems now, but we had it on a $10/90days plan, and only once had to refill it before the 90 days were up (was using H2O -- but I was going to use AirVoice with the new phone). So she rarely uses it for calls/texts. We have decent Verizon coverage in the area, and she won't use it much for travel.

I'm searching all over for a prepaid plan that's similar. Can anyone help me???

I found that Net10 has an unlimited $35/30days plan and StraightTalk has a $45/mo plan. I haven't yet been able to locate any other plans that would work on this phone.

Help!

Feedback Score
    I don't know anything about iPhones. Can the iPhone 4 be put on Page Plus?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    The Verizon iPhone 4 can be activated on Page Plus. The cheapest monthly plan they offer is the $12 plan, which offers 250 minutes/250 texts/10mb data per month. There are other pay-as-you-go options with longer expirations - the only one I'm familiar with is the $80 yearly plan, which gives you 2000 minutes and expires after a year.

Feedback Score
    You can put that on Page Plus if it has a good esn and it was not originally sold to be used on Verizon prepaid service. They have a paygo plan (the "standard plan") where you can pay as little as $10 every 120 days. The per minute rate is similar to AirVoice at 10 c/m, but you get lower rates if you top up with higher amounts. I think the $25 top up gets you a rate of 6 c/m and you can get as low as 4 c/m. Data will probably be slower, but coverage better.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by momefarley View Post
    I just got an iPhone 4 which I bought on eBay. The phone is actually in very good condition and twice the GB that it was advertised at.

BUT, it's also a Verizon phone, not AT&T as advertised. (yes, I can return it if I choose to since it wasn't as advertised)

I was getting it for my daughter to use. She had an iPhone 3 which has major problems now, but we had it on a $10/90days plan, and only once had to refill it before the 90 days were up (was using H2O -- but I was going to use AirVoice with the new phone). So she rarely uses it for calls/texts. We have decent Verizon coverage in the area, and she won't use it much for travel.

I found that Net10 has an unlimited $35/30days plan and StraightTalk has a $45/mo plan. I haven't yet been able to locate any other plans that would work on this phone.

Help!
    Well I know for sure on Verizon your going to pay more for great coverage but get less benefits in the end. For Verizon Prepaid Smartphones it is $45 a month for Unlimited talk, text, and 500mb and thats the only plan they offer with pay for more data if needed. You could request the seller exchanges the iPhone for the right one and get on a nice AT&T MVNO. Also if you want Sprint for cheap I have some referrals, just putting that out there.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you all! PagePlus is a bit reticent to advertise that they can be used with iPhones (at least the pay as you go plans) -- apparently because people use up all their data unintentionally, and get upset about it. But it can work that way. So I'm happy! $10 for 120 days -- even better than I was planning on!!

The ESN is good and I'm good to go!! Yay!!
    Last edited by momefarley; 07-07-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Feedback Score

Help!
    before you try to activate your phone, go here - http://swappa.com/esn and have the phones esn checked before
    you try to get service. if the esn checks out ok then you are good to go. if not you will need to get your money back.

Feedback Score

Cheap/limited prepaid plans for Verizon iPhone??

Check out the TracFone be why 0P

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Sorry check tracfone BYOP. There is a big thread on Hofo. I have an iPhone 4s on it & it is super cheap. Can buy a 400 min 1 yr card on eBay for 84.99 and that will triple = 1200 min, 1200 texts, 1200 mb data.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/141322967679
    Have purchased from the seller's shopcelldeals many times great seller fast shipping no problems.
    To make sure your phone will work on TF you need to run the Esn thru their checker. If you get to the page where it asks you for CC info to buy activation code you should be good to go. The thread on this is very long but has lots of helpful info.
    Hope this helps.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart27 View Post
    Sorry check tracfone BYOP. There is a big thread on Hofo. I have an iPhone 4s on it & it is super cheap. Can buy a 400 min 1 yr card on eBay for 84.99 and that will triple = 1200 min, 1200 texts, 1200 mb data.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/141322967679
    Have purchased from the seller's shopcelldeals many times great seller fast shipping no problems.
    To make sure your phone will work on TF you need to run the Esn thru their checker. If you get to the page where it asks you for CC info to buy activation code you should be good to go. The thread on this is very long but has lots of helpful info.
    Hope this helps.
    How does that triple? Does TF just automatically triple for every BYOP activation?

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Red Pocket (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Before you activate the phone with Page Plus, make sure you turn OFF cellular data. If you leave it on, it will eat up your balance at 10 cents a mb.

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    How does that triple? Does TF just automatically triple for every BYOP activation?
    All Service cards, except the data only add ons, triple/triple with "Tracfone" Androids and those BYOD to Tracfone Android service. For example 200 min card triples to 600 and then is added to each bucket 600/600/600. There are pros and cons to this, but if you need any other info you should check on the Tracfone Forum so we don't sidetrack this thread any further.

Feedback Score

Help!

You already found the answer.. but.. anyways...

My family was on android on three different networks.. then MY kid wanted to do iMessages.. so we got the newest iphones under $100 each (well, it meant iphone 4 and 4S ), and the iphones on verizon actually were the cheapest..

All three of us were on pageplus paygo.. Data rate is 10c/MB, and there were not much of background data usage for about a month... then MY kid entered into a lot of non-imessage messaging (regular sms), which made staying on paygo unsustainable...

I moved my kid's iphone to RedPocket $19.99 plan, with 300 min talk / unlimited sms / 1GB data per month.. Mine and my wife's stay @ pageplus.. so far, this configuration is working...

When you are on paygo, you do need to keep an eye one data usage.. you can check which app uses how much data, and if you find something you don't like, just disable cellular data access for that specific app... after such procedure, my background data usage (including push email, imessage) is around 2 MB per day, which is 20c per day.. not too bad...

Have fun!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart27 View Post
    Thanks, but that would be way more usage/cost than we need...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    (want to quote NC_curious, but forum won't let me)

Yes, the SMS messaging can add up.

At the present, my daughter doesn't iMessage anyone but us -- that's a condition of her retaining the phone. She uses other apps that I've set to only use wifi data -- Facebook, Instagram, Viber, etc -- to communicate with her friends. If she really "needed" to SMS someone in order to reach, I'd likely set her up on the TextNow app which can send SMS, but can also be forced to only use wifi.

I like her to keep the cellular data on, so that I can use "Find my iPhone" and locate her without having to call her, etc. So I watch what else is using the data. I find if you know what you're doing, you can keep things set so that it doesn't get eaten up. You do have to pay attention to iCloud and app use of cellular data!

Basically, the phone is used for an iPod most of the week and as a phone only a few hours -- and only so she can be in touch with us -- not others. So far, that fits her social life OK, and fits my budget well too! Yes, we've done a few early recharges (we'd been doing this with an older AT&T iPhone that lost its backlight), but very few...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast