Thread: Touch Screen not Working?

Feedback Score

Touch Screen not Working?

I have a Samsung Captivate Glide I927. I was simply playing on it, and it froze - which is common - so I tried to restart it (I have an older version without the restart button, and only the power off button) and I tried to click power off but it didn't seem to register my touch, so I just kept holding down the button on the side until it restarted manually. The phone gets booted up, and suddenly I can't put in my lock code. The phone doesn't register that I'm even touching it. The home button and such will light up, but they will only register my touch on the actual buttons and my phone will fall asleep even when I'm touching it. I've taken the battery out several times. I know I didn't get any water in it. Is the problem the screen? The phone itself? The motherboard? I'd really hate to get a new phone if I don't have to, but this problem is extremely frustrating. The phone is working (I can still hear my phone go off from texts and emails) I just simply can't get my phone to register my touch at all.

I've also tried looking up the problem and no seems to give answers that have helped me (or the other person experiencing the same weird problem, which I only found one or two posts on)

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Update: I hard reset my phone to see if maybe it could have been a software update that messed with my phone at all. It was not. It definitely seems like it could be a hardware problem. I dunno if maybe something just fried, or there's moisture in there from all the humidity lately. Trying rice for now, but probably going to end up getting a new phone.