Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.jabra.com/Products/Blueto.../Jabra_STEALTH

Name:  Jabra_Stealth_image-viewer_1440x810_03.jpg
Views: 10383
Size:  6.3 KB

This looks worth trying. I've had a bad history with Jabra headsets concerning durability, hopefully this one doesn't suffer the same. Looking forward to reading reviews on how this one turns out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll give it a go when it comes out in August... skeptical though...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So this should be available now... let me know if you pick up one. I'll keep an eye out as well.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Update, I picked this headset up over the weekend and I am pleasantly surprised. Dare I say it, this will probably be replacing my Voyager Legend.

Positives: Small and light. shockingly so. The stock ear gel fits in my ear comfortably so I don't need the plastic ear hooks which I'm not a fan of. It gets great standby time while on and it's amazing that it has 6 hour batt life for its size. Noise cancellation is good. I wouldn't say any better than the Legend but definitely on par. I haven't tried it in windy situations yet. +1 for having microUSB charging standard. At the highest volume, it is a bit louder than the Legend (which is good because I was having trouble understanding some co-workers with their old crappy deskphone headsets).

Negatives (for me at least): It doesn't have a dedicated volume rocker. Not a big deal since I usually have it on the loudest setting anyway. It doesn't have a carrying case (although it's small enough that unless you throw a crap of stuff on top of it in your pocket, it should last. It can't play/pause music (this was a nice feature of the Voyagers but it's not a dealbreaker.

Overall, it is a welcome addition to the headset family. I'll probably be keeping this one.

Device(s)
    Droid X and Evo 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scion676 View Post
    Update, I picked this headset up over the weekend and I am pleasantly surprised. Dare I say it, this will probably be replacing my Voyager Legend.

Positives: Small and light. shockingly so. The stock ear gel fits in my ear comfortably so I don't need the plastic ear hooks which I'm not a fan of. It gets great standby time while on and it's amazing that it has 6 hour batt life for its size. Noise cancellation is good. I wouldn't say any better than the Legend but definitely on par. I haven't tried it in windy situations yet. +1 for having microUSB charging standard. At the highest volume, it is a bit louder than the Legend (which is good because I was having trouble understanding some co-workers with their old crappy deskphone headsets).

Negatives (for me at least): It doesn't have a dedicated volume rocker. Not a big deal since I usually have it on the loudest setting anyway. It doesn't have a carrying case (although it's small enough that unless you throw a crap of stuff on top of it in your pocket, it should last. It can't play/pause music (this was a nice feature of the Voyagers but it's not a dealbreaker.

Overall, it is a welcome addition to the headset family. I'll probably be keeping this one.
    I too picked up the Stealth and it will be replacing my Legend as well. I also have the new Jawbone Era which doesn't even compare in sound quality. The Stealth is surprising light and fits my ear well without the need of a ear hook. So far I've used it in the car with the window down 55mph and music playing and I've not received any complaints. This headset is a keeper for me as well. After all I've gone through with the Jawbone Era it's a welcome relief to have a headset that's as small but twice the sound capability.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyhill5 View Post
    I too picked up the Stealth and it will be replacing my Legend as well. I also have the new Jawbone Era which doesn't even compare in sound quality. The Stealth is surprising light and fits my ear well without the need of a ear hook. So far I've used it in the car with the window down 55mph and music playing and I've not received any complaints. This headset is a keeper for me as well. After all I've gone through with the Jawbone Era it's a welcome relief to have a headset that's as small but twice the sound capability.
    So, after I made my post I did a test call to a friend while outside when it was windy/raining yesterday (Philly area). My friend said I sounded a bit more natural (less tinny or robotic) with the Legend and it also canceled out the background noise a bit better than the Stealth... I'm kind of on the fence now. One of the main reasons I got the stealth is because it is a bit louder on my end... some of the people I talk to for work are soft spoken so I've had to ask them to repeat themselves a lot lately (with the Legend)... but I don't know if I want to regress in noise cancellation and outgoing voice quality. He did say he could hear me clearly above the background noise with either headset... just that the Legend sounded more natural...

Feedback Score
    So, after I made my post I did a test call to a friend while outside when it was windy/raining yesterday (Philly area). My friend said I sounded a bit more natural (less tinny or robotic) with the Legend and it also canceled out the background noise a bit better than the Stealth... I'm kind of on the fence now. One of the main reasons I got the stealth is because it is a bit louder on my end... some of the people I talk to for work are soft spoken so I've had to ask them to repeat themselves a lot lately (with the Legend)... but I don't know if I want to regress in noise cancellation and outgoing voice quality. He did say he could hear me clearly above the background noise with either headset... just that the Legend sounded more natural...
    How do you compare between Jabra Stealth and Motorola Whisper?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wbusmt View Post
    How do you compare between Jabra Stealth and Motorola Whisper?
    I'd say the Whisper was superior while outdoors (To any headset I've tried) however the eargels/hooks were painful on my ears. I couldn't find a comfortable fit so it got returned pretty quickly.

I also returned the Jabra Stealth after a couple of complaints while outside on a very mildly breezy day. My legend performed a bit better than that outside IMO. I turned to the Voyager Edge and haven't looked back. I have to use the ear hook to keep it in my ear but it has all of the best features of the Legend and the sound volume is boosted, which was the main reason I was looking to make a change. About a week or two into having the Edge and it's working out better than expected.

Feedback Score
    I'd say the Whisper was superior while outdoors (To any headset I've tried) however the eargels/hooks were painful on my ears. I couldn't find a comfortable fit so it got returned pretty quickly.

I also returned the Jabra Stealth after a couple of complaints while outside on a very mildly breezy day. My legend performed a bit better than that outside IMO. I turned to the Voyager Edge and haven't looked back. I have to use the ear hook to keep it in my ear but it has all of the best features of the Legend and the sound volume is boosted, which was the main reason I was looking to make a change. About a week or two into having the Edge and it's working out better than expected.
    I had Moto Whisper before but microphone did not function after it had been used for 3 months. I am so disappointed on it although voice quality impressed me so much and I love its boom mic design.

May be I should go for Voyager Edge according to your comment.

Feedback Score
    Jabra Stealth
    vs
    Jabra Storm
    vs
    Plantronics Voyager Edge
    vs
    Plantronics Voyager Legend
    vs
    Motorola Whisper

Which is best?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utatane View Post
    Jabra Stealth
    vs
    Jabra Storm
    vs
    Plantronics Voyager Edge
    vs
    Plantronics Voyager Legend
    vs
    Motorola Whisper

Which is best?
    Having used all of them except for the Jabra Storm, I'd have to go with the Voyager Edge. I had the Legend before the edge and the edge is everything the legend is, in a more compact form. It's also louder which was important for me since I was struggling to hear some soft spoken co-workers with the legend. The whisper was solid but it was quite uncomfortable on my ear. The Stealth's noise cancellation wasn't as good as the Edge/Legend in my opinion and my callers told me I sounded a bit more natural with the Plantronics headsets. Size was the main thing the stealth had going for it, but I returned it. The Storm is cheaper than the Stealth so I don't think I'd see any improvement over the stealth if I decided to test it.

Feedback Score
    Having used all of them except for the Jabra Storm, I'd have to go with the Voyager Edge. I had the Legend before the edge and the edge is everything the legend is, in a more compact form. It's also louder which was important for me since I was struggling to hear some soft spoken co-workers with the legend. The whisper was solid but it was quite uncomfortable on my ear. The Stealth's noise cancellation wasn't as good as the Edge/Legend in my opinion and my callers told me I sounded a bit more natural with the Plantronics headsets. Size was the main thing the stealth had going for it, but I returned it. The Storm is cheaper than the Stealth so I don't think I'd see any improvement over the stealth if I decided to test it.
    I've used most of the big boys. Blueant, Icon, and such. All around best is the Plantronics legend. Followed by edge, a bit smaller and the ear gels can get tiresomne after a few hours. Around the house i use the legend, when I go out it's he Edge.

Thes streath is a great new set tha doesn't quite match the others in these areas.''

No volume button but I a can live with that. When pushed for an answer, my listers tell me it's not quite as good as either plantronics but nothing they would have notices if they didn already hear my Plantronics to compare it to.

Imcoming volume much better than the plantronics. Found the shape of the edge ear gel uncomfortable after an hour

I diont like the usb cover flab. It will com off eventually but then it will be open just like any other headset. It's as comfortable as any of the ear gel types. even though the orange gels look like theyre ear specific they can actually work on wither ear.

Great for a smaller alternative to the Edge or legend, but outgoing sound just a touch behind but you caller won't notice much or find it bothersome.

I'm always have 2 phones connected at the same time and it's never an issue, but When you walk out of range from your phone it take a 5-30 seconds to reconnect, the edge and legend reconnect instantly.

Google voice controls work wll

Summary - it does everything very well, but none as well as the Legend. That said, I use my legend in and around the house, and the stealth 100% of the time away from the house

Sorry for the Ambien typing tonight.