Thread: porting from Selectel

Feedback Score

porting from Selectel

Hi All,

Quick question - I'm about to port from Selectel over to Page Plus. I'm curious, is this process as simple as going to the PP website and filling out the Activate -> Port number forms and submitting?

My number is currently active on Selectel with a few days remaining on my current month plan. Just want to make sure I get everything correct and there are no hiccups.

Thanks much for reading.
    -Dirk

Feedback Score
    I too have been concerned when porting, twice now (P+ to AV + R+). I would call P+ & ask what info they need & ask about porting in from Selectel. Then I would call Selectel ask for that info & fib saying I might move for a job in 3-4 months where VZW coverage is nil. So I MIGHT need to port, but I hope not. Reason being is I've heard of vindictive or misunderstandings where provider cancels line & a dead number can't be ported.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    word of warning. i ported out of selectel last month and was on autopay. when i ported over to another carrier i thought that was the end of the dealings with selectel. however, they charged me for the next month's service despite me not having a phone line with them. So if you are on autopay I would cancel that before porting out just to make sure.

here is some other info about porting out. the account number for when doing a number port will be the full phone number. And the four digit pin will be the last four digits of the phone number.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully you don't get the daily reminder sms messaging that your plan expired, AFTER you port out.... I ported out from Selectel some time ago, and was getting those messages, which stopped after three calls to Selectel customer service...

Hopefully Selectel fixed that bug by now..

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies guys. I ported out this afternoon - went pretty smoothly, did it thru PP's website. Supplied the necessary info and that was that.

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkdigles View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I ported out this afternoon - went pretty smoothly, did it thru PP's website. Supplied the necessary info and that was that.
    What information did PagePlus ask you to provide? Phone NUmber, SIM card number, last 4 digits of phone number, address Name, etc??? I want to be ready! How long did it take from the time you hit "submit" on the PP website until the line was active on PP? I will be porting from Selectel to PagePlus in the next few weeks when I get my Verizon 5s and want to be prepared and get it right the first time.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    I called Selected a couple of days ago and CS told me my account number was my phone number and the pin was the last 4 digits of my phone number. I plan to port out in about a month.

Sent from my MotoG3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    When I was on Selectel, the account # was different than the phone #. The account # is on your Account page - seems like it was 7 -8

digits. That is strange a CS rep would say that, because I that is not correct from my experience. mmmmm.............

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    When I was on Selectel, the account # was different than the phone #. The account # is on your Account page - seems like it was 7 -8

digits. That is strange a CS rep would say that, because I that is not correct from my experience. mmmmm.............
    I agree, when you log into your selectel account, on the top of the page it clearly says account # (8 digits)

Feedback Score
    So anyone recently port out of selectel? Did you use the phone # or account Number and what was the PIN/password needed? Thanks

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    I did it about 3 weeks ago, phone # and last 4 of number for pin.

Port was done in 10 mins.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post

Ok, thanks. So it seems it is phone # and not the acct#

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post

Confirmed. I just ported from Selectel to Ting and it was Tel # and last 4 digits for PIN

However I didn't hear back from Ting for a whole day, so I contacted ting and was told the port was being delayed. I went back to selectel and opened a chat session. I think you have to confirm with selectel your port out request. Then they release the number. 1 hour later the port went through.

So I suggest people confirm the port request with Selectel if the port seems to be taking too long.