Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: When is Verizon going to get their head out of their....

Feedback Score
    A signal booster might solve your AT&T problem. A one-time cost. You do need line-of-sight to where the signal stopped. The FCC issued an order in February, 2013 that has numerous examples of its signal booster tests. One example cited is where a signal booster increased coverage by 8 miles. Again, the antenna for the booster must be pointed towards and have line-of-sight to where your signal stopped. Cellular signals don't bend, like FM radio signals. If there is a hill that is blocking the signal, a signal booster won't help.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The closest GSM signal, Immix wireless, is 15 miles away. Plenty of mountain inn those 15 miles. ATT fits my needs perfectly here at home, and most other places. My sister has Verizon, and has reception everywhere I go, except on the way to camp. Hers cuts out about 6 miles before mine does. But then we have another 20 minutes to camp. The new Verizon towers are 1/4 mile from camp, which is why I looked at Verizon. Until their prices come down, im staying with ATT.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They have me stuck, we have an old Nationwide 700 talk plan shared between two smart and one dumb phone. $10 each line access charge + $10 for text on each of the smart phones, then $30 for 4G data on her phone then my $40 unlimited data then $50 for the shared voice plan for $170 total.
    To upgrade phones they say I have to switch to the more plan, so $40 per month times 2 for the smartphones plus $30 per month for the dumb phone then $70 per month for 4G of data shared for $180 for less data.
    Why can't I just upgrade phones and resign up my current plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enine View Post
    They have me stuck, we have an old Nationwide 700 talk plan shared between two smart and one dumb phone. $10 each line access charge + $10 for text on each of the smart phones, then $30 for 4G data on her phone then my $40 unlimited data then $50 for the shared voice plan for $170 total.
    To upgrade phones they say I have to switch to the more plan, so $40 per month times 2 for the smartphones plus $30 per month for the dumb phone then $70 per month for 4G of data shared for $180 for less data.
    Why can't I just upgrade phones and resign up my current plan?
    Because Vzw only wants your business if you're willing to allow yourself to be financially raped or have no alternative. However you can buy new phones for your account by just paying cash for your phones. I'd suggest shopping around for a different carrier, used phones, Moto x or nexus 5 for cash, maybe even a pre-paid. There are plenty of options preferable to bending over and allowing Vzw access to your "wallet."

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Other options though include buying a $600 phone where if I buy it through Verizon its $200. I'm paying for the $400 subsidy in my monthly payment anyway so I may as well use it.
    Other carriers do not have any coverage on our farm in WV so I'm stuck with Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So, will the 17th be the day Verizon gets its head out of the sand? Guess we'll see. In the mean time, I did some finagling and am now a Verizon customer, $60 loyalty plan. Still like AT&T better, Verizon drops to 3G from time to time and call quality not as good as AT&T. I was running an M919 on AT&T, now an I545 on Verizon. Glad I didnt suck it up and go for a 2 yr contract. We'll see if this LTE prepaid thing shows up on Verizon in a bit.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they changed their site , I was able to order my wife an HTC M8 last week and choose to renew the current plan. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and upgrade as well or wait and see if something new comes out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4