Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When is Verizon going to get their head out of their....

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Verizon use to be the best in my area but now att seems to be the best.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Yeah, and the "new cricket" would give you AT&T coverage with Unl Talk/Text, 2.5GB of data for that $45 total (taxes included, with autopay)

Verizon's strategy could be compared to Apple's strategy. Target the customers who are willing to pay more. Deliver a solid premium offering.

Now is VZW batter than AT&T? In many areas no, in many yes, in most there isn't much difference. Is Apple better than its competitors? I don't want to start that argument - it goes nowhere, but people still buy Macbook Pros, iPads, and iPhones. Similarly, nobody buys a Lexus because it is the cheapest most cost efficient car to get one from point A to point B.

The marketing strategy is to position VZW as a premium offering at a premium price. That may not work in the long term, but it seems to be working now.
    I think it's better to say that VZW is conning the stupid into thinking they offer a premium service and therefore are entitled to collect a premium price. However I find that VZW is far from being such a premium service if you look at their offerings and service with an open mind.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

When is Verizon going to get their head out of their....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I think it's better to say that VZW is conning the stupid into thinking they offer a premium service and therefore are entitled to collect a premium price. However I find that VZW is far from being such a premium service if you look at their offerings and service with an open mind.
    I am not going to argue with you. As with Apple and Lexus, it is mostly about branding and perception.

That said, VZW has coverage a few places I go where AT&T doesn't, but not vice versa. So, at least in western WA, I do think VZW has a slight edge in terms of coverage. On the other hand, VZW band 13 LTE is often hopelessly congested in urban areas to the point of delivering intermittent unusable connectivity, and band 4 is still mostly not deployed. T-Mobile usually does better in these areas. AT&T has similar congestion problems in band 17. VZW is far from perfect, but then no carrier is really clearly the "best" for all use cases and travel patterns.

Yeah, I have phones from AT&T, VZW, T-mobile, so I have data points for side-by-side comparison.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think it's better to say that VZW is conning the stupid into thinking they offer a premium service and therefore are entitled to collect a premium price.
    So, in your opinion, anyone who pays for Verizon service is stupid and has been conned. That's clear enough.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I currently have the $75 single-line plan with 2GB's. VZW is the only carrier with coverage at my house. I had ST, but VZW 3G is so oversold, it's incredibly slow. While more expensive, it's nice having reliable service.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    To the OP, you probably don't want to switch to Verizon full time when AT&T is meeting your needs. Wait until that new tower is actually built and on the air before doing anything (the don't count your chickens maxim). It is also common that once a tower has been built, other companies will come in and rent space on it.

If you need occasional VZ coverage at the hunting lodge, consider VZ Prepaid or a MVNO such as Page Plus or Straight Talk. They don't have LTE, so your phone choice (it has to be a 3G only model) and data speed will be limited. If you just want to be able to make "emergency" calls, put a flip phone on Page Plus for only $10.00 for 90 days. You could put a prepaid Jetpack at the lodge to get wifi there.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 4 / Samsung 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pahick View Post
    ...hind end?? As a single line user, I had no choice but to stay with AT&T. "We are very competitive with AT&T for a single line..." I am told, but when I explained to the nice lady on the phone that I pay $45/mo for unlimited talk/txt and 1GB of LTE data, she couldnt understand. I told her apparently Verizons CEO doesnt either! Single line users are left in the cold.
    Is that offer from AT&T currently available or are you talking about a grandfathered plan? A quick look at the AT&T website and I find a $65 plan that is unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data. (And that apparently jumps to $80 once I put it in a cart with a smartphone ... $65 for 1GB, $60 for 300 MB). Comparing grandfathered plans against today's offerings it looks like it would be hard to STAY at AT&T and keep your rate.

If you are expecting VZW to match an offer AT&T no longer makes it isn't the wireless company who needs to move their head.

My grandfathered VZW plan is pretty good - I have Unlimited Data. And yes, I would use that as a base for deciding to change to another plan or carrier since that is what I currently pay for. But I wouldn't insult a new carrier for not matching a plan my carrier no longer offers.
    Three places to look:
    Rules Search FAQ

ST3000 -> ST7868 + V.60i -> E815 -> Krave ZN4 -> Droid 2 Global -> Droid 4

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    I currently have the $75 single-line plan with 2GB's. VZW is the only carrier with coverage at my house. I had ST, but VZW 3G is so oversold, it's incredibly slow. While more expensive, it's nice having reliable service.

Switch to loyalty plan and save few bucks.. as other have said in taxes it's about 70$ you pay close to 90$ with taxes I assume?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
    Switch to loyalty plan and save few bucks.. as other have said in taxes it's about 70$ you pay close to 90$ with taxes I assume?
    How would I do that, and can I still add an employee discount?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They may not keep the emp discount but doesn't hurt to try. I would call in and try to get the plan

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hmm. Well, I kept an open mind and recently sold my VZW unlimited line on eBay for a pretty penny and tried every other carrier offered in my area (AT&T, TMO, and Sprint) and none of them are even close to offering the coverage, speed or reliability that Verizon can offer. So back to Verizon I went, leaving someone else my 9 year old unlimited data line with quite a few perks, over to a tiered data line - even with the fact that it's not unlimited, it still spanks anything the other big three could offer me. Some people are fine with having poor coverage in a lot of areas if their bill is low with carrier whomever, but for me and the 100 million other 'stupid' VZW customers, and extra $30/mo. is worth it to know your device is going to work well in most places you travel to. And if you roam a lot on a vacation or temporary stay outside of native coverage, they aren't going to bust your balls about it.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Why are you using verizon ? Why not go with a CDMA third party like PAGE PLUS and cut your costs. They use the same Verizon cell towers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Hmm. Well, I kept an open mind and recently sold my VZW unlimited line on eBay for a pretty penny and tried every other carrier offered in my area (AT&T, TMO, and Sprint) and none of them are even close to offering the coverage, speed or reliability that Verizon can offer. So back to Verizon I went, leaving someone else my 9 year old unlimited data line with quite a few perks, over to a tiered data line - even with the fact that it's not unlimited, it still spanks anything the other big three could offer me. Some people are fine with having poor coverage in a lot of areas if their bill is low with carrier whomever, but for me and the 100 million other 'stupid' VZW customers, and extra $30/mo. is worth it to know your device is going to work well in most places you travel to. And if you roam a lot on a vacation or temporary stay outside of native coverage, they aren't going to bust your balls about it.

via the HoFo App
    Why didn't u test out a mvno for thee other carriers first before selling it?

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Why didn't u test out a mvno for thee other carriers first before selling it?

via the HoFo App
    I was planning to sell it anyway. Made really good money on it when I sold it, plus saw I could really minimize GB usage and lower my bill if I use Wi-Fi more proactively and am smart about usage type. Most VZW customers I know including myself practically never used Wi-Fi at all bc LTE is so fast, and unlimited! And my voice usage recently has gone through the roof so the More Everything works great for me.

Probably could have done an MVNO, but it wasn't a big deal dealing directly with the carriers. AT&T and Sprint I did a contract tryout, so for each I didn't pay much after returning everything/prorated bills (and got activation/restocking fees refunded) and TMO just did the $50 no contract. All on all probably spent around $100 to do its all.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Why are you using verizon ? Why not go with a CDMA third party like PAGE PLUS and cut your costs. They use the same Verizon cell towers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you addressing anyone in particular?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast