Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone else seeing capacity issues? Very slow LTE.

Feedback Score
    Gilroy can has slow LTE about 500KB/s

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been having a similar issue, but given all of what you said, I think it's an upgrade issue. Tell me what you think:

Nexus 5 on the unlimited Tmo prepaid plan. I haven't touched the auto apn settings, but those have never failed me.

Ever since I purchased the Nexus 5 at launch, I've had 1-2 bars of LTE (before I had a Gnex, got a full 4 bars of HSPA+). The LTE was strong and never cut out. D/L speeds were always about 10-15, upload about half. I recently had to exchange my phone through google due to the original's power button not registering every few pushes. I put the new SIM card in, no issues, worked fine. I got the new phone last weekend so I had both phones for at least 4-5 days. Then I noticed data issues - apps wouldn't load, SMS was slow, etc. I didn't think much. Then, LTE just cut out in my house. If I drove home, stood outside, I'd get between 'no' bars and 2, it would go fast and then hang. Then, bam, down to 3g. Go inside my house, LTE now shows up for a minute, but it's full 3g most times now. Sometimes, inside it'll do the 2 bars LTE, no bars, then 3g.

If this is a temporary upgrade, great. I'm fully paid for almost a month - cycle reset 2 days. Does this sound like volte to you all? If it's a couple weeks, I'll suffer, but I'm not putting up with months of this - I did that on Sprint and these days I have the luxury to leave without fighting out of a contract. I'll be sad to give up the $70 unlimited that Tmo so graciously axed for no reason - and it'd probably be the final reason to never come back. I've always jumped around, and Tmo isn't worth it for a throttle - unlimited was fine, but I paid for an LTE phone and paying more for a plan that can't utilize my phone fully ain't gonna happen.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I've been having a similar issue, but given all of what you said, I think it's an upgrade issue. Tell me what you think:

Nexus 5 on the unlimited Tmo prepaid plan. I haven't touched the auto apn settings, but those have never failed me.

Ever since I purchased the Nexus 5 at launch, I've had 1-2 bars of LTE (before I had a Gnex, got a full 4 bars of HSPA+). The LTE was strong and never cut out. D/L speeds were always about 10-15, upload about half. I recently had to exchange my phone through google due to the original's power button not registering every few pushes. I put the new SIM card in, no issues, worked fine. I got the new phone last weekend so I had both phones for at least 4-5 days. Then I noticed data issues - apps wouldn't load, SMS was slow, etc. I didn't think much. Then, LTE just cut out in my house. If I drove home, stood outside, I'd get between 'no' bars and 2, it would go fast and then hang. Then, bam, down to 3g. Go inside my house, LTE now shows up for a minute, but it's full 3g most times now. Sometimes, inside it'll do the 2 bars LTE, no bars, then 3g.

If this is a temporary upgrade, great. I'm fully paid for almost a month - cycle reset 2 days. Does this sound like volte to you all? If it's a couple weeks, I'll suffer, but I'm not putting up with months of this - I did that on Sprint and these days I have the luxury to leave without fighting out of a contract. I'll be sad to give up the $70 unlimited that Tmo so graciously axed for no reason - and it'd probably be the final reason to never come back. I've always jumped around, and Tmo isn't worth it for a throttle - unlimited was fine, but I paid for an LTE phone and paying more for a plan that can't utilize my phone fully ain't gonna happen.
    Sounds like you are having issues with the new phone. It might have a bad radio. Replacement phones are usually refurbished, and some of those are just not tested well enough.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I agree with jaminmc on this one

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the replies - I don't think it's the phone. I wasn't clear enough, but I had my old phone and the new one for a few days and both had trouble getting LTE and would eventually drop to 3G.

Also, Google just sends out a brand new phone to you. It's in the original retail box completely factory sealed. They don't do refurbs and once they stop selling a phone, any remaining warranty is then through the OEM. It could be the radio, I'll see this week more as I go about and see how LTE is.

I'm in the heart of Phoenix today at work and LTE is fine. It's slowerish, but it's never been fast. I live/work very close so it's possible any network upgrades would be localized to where I'm at now.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile , Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My LTE is fine but something I've noticed this past week is that my "4G" during phone calls is totally unusable. I get the "you are not connected to the internet" notification if I try to use it even though the "4G" symbol is showing near the top.

iPhone 5S in Charlotte

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus_ View Post
    My LTE is fine but something I've noticed this past week is that my "4G" during phone calls is totally unusable. I get the "you are not connected to the internet" notification if I try to use it even though the "4G" symbol is showing near the top.

iPhone 5S in Charlotte
    Hmmmm. 2 weeks ago Time Warner Cable went out at my office, so I enabled my hotspot. I was making phone calls, and surfing on my computer. The 4G worked well... I will try it tomorrow. My office is near uptown by the music factory.

Here is Charlotte, LTE is only 5 MHz, so it gets bogged down so easy. I have better downloads on 4G. If I send things, I will enable LTE, or is I get in the speed test mode to compare the difference... Charlotte has had enough people with LTE devices, they should really just remove DC HSPA, and have faster LTE instead.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus_ View Post

iPhone 5S in Charlotte
    That's what happened to me the first day or 2 about a week ago, now it's just lowly 3g in my house. Sometimes I'll notice it'll switch towers - 4 full bars down to 1, back to 4 in a minute.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just an update - everything is back to working fine. I'm truly guessing it was Tmobile upgrading something or maintenance. Either way - good for me as I won't have to look for an ATT MVNO yet.

As another update - I called Google about it before it was fixed still thinking it was the new replacement phone. She looked through her notes and apparently Google has an admitted and known issue with the Nexus 5 and Tmobile LTE. She said there wasn't any fix at the moment and I should hold out. The fix was set it to 3G and wait... very reassuring I'll tell you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I noticed for the past couple of months, that when browsing the internet on my iPhone 5 and my ipad mini tablet, it's been very slow at times. Could this possibly be due to capacity issues/network congestion as I live in a high density area (North Flushing Queens) that composed mainly of apartment buildings and I'm also not too far from Citi Field Stadium?

Feedback Score
    Today at the University of Utah in SLC, LTE was unusable. I tried to do a speed test and it locked up trying to run a ping test. LTE is usually 20+ Mbps here, and there's almost nobody on campus so it can't be a capacity issue. It tried toggling Airplane Mode on and off, I went into Field Test mode but didn't find anything odd. Still a 10MHz network with 2tx antennas. At one point an SMS even failed to send.

LTE still works very fast everywhere else, it was just really slow on campus today.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to rehash an old thread, but in case someone finds it, that having trouble...

Some folks in this thread may be affected by the KitKat broadcast receiver timeout bug. I have a Note 3 and it has been brutal. At least 8 times a day my data connection shows 4g, with activity up and downstream, yet webpages timeout and I get the no server message. Many folks thought there would be a fix for the KK 4.4.3 update, but it wasn't included in the Google AOSP. There are rumors that it is however in the new VoLTE update, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

If anyone has updated, and was having the broadcast timeout issue, and no longer is I would be grateful to know. I always try to wait a bit before taking a new update just in case it breaks something else.

Here is the a link, that describes the issue in detail, if you would like more information.

Oops I guess I am too new here to post a link. But if you Google: [Bug Watch] Stopping Apps On Android 4.4.2 Can Silently Kill Related Background Services, A Fix Is On The Way, it should take you to a link on Android Police that explains the issue.

Hope that helps someone! Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3