Thread: Viper32: is he legit? Tips for buying private party?

Feedback Score

Viper32: is he legit? Tips for buying private party?

Hey everyone, I'm really new to the forum and buying from people who are not ebay or a retail seller.

Viper is selling some killer phones at some even more killer prices. But you know the bit about "no free lunch", so I've got a healthy suspicion.

If you'd be so kind: those of you who have done business with him, tell me your experience.

And those of you who have bought phones through a private party via PayPal, what should I look out for?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Where are you finding this person? Your healthy suspicion is probably spot on.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He's. a well known flasher...your pretty safe

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I super appreciate you guys responding.

I'm just having trouble evaluating the situation -- I don't want greed blinding me.

He says he's going to give me a paypal link through which I can purchase the phone from him. It's an LG G2 for $275, flashed to PagePlus for me.

Does the paypal link offer me buyer protection? I know it does for retailers, but I don't know if his account is set up like that. There doesn't seem to be any protection between two parties just sending money, so I'll need to avoid that.

He said check his reputation around here, obviously implying that it was great. But I don't know how to do that effectively. Randomly picking 10-20 posts doesn't give me a real sense for him.

That's why I like ebay: people have a reputation they risk if they try to screw you. Without those metrics, I feel like I'm flying blind.

Feedback Score
    I just bought a moto g from him on another forum. It came in perfect condition and he shipped it out quickly. Couldn't be happier.

sent from my galaxy note 2

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You could always ask him to list it on eBay and you could work something out that way. You may end up paying a little more to cover the necessary fees, but the peace of mind might be worth it in the end.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to go through ebay. It'll cost more like you said, but I'd be happy to pay it for the buyer protection they offer.

Feedback Score
    i've not had dealing with him personally but i think he is a legit seller. i've seen him offering his flashing services, he also sells them on the kittywireless forum, which is a dealer for page plus. here is a feedback topic over there http://www.kittyforums.net/showthrea...edback-Thread?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyMayhem View Post
    I'm going to go through ebay. It'll cost more like you said, but I'd be happy to pay it for the buyer protection they offer.
    Just buy it from him..the guy is well.known and has like 4,000 posts on here...pretty sure he's not gonna rip u off

via the HoFo App