Thread: Get This; AT&T Intros Online Ordering with In-Store Pickup

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Get This; AT&T Intros Online Ordering with In-Store Pickup

Today, 9:51 AM by Eric M. Zeman

AT&T today made it possible for consumers to order a new phone through AT&T's web site and then pick the phone up at a local AT&T store. AT&T sees the service as combining the appeal of online convenience with same-day gratification. AT&T said most phones will be ready for pickup within one hour of being ordered online. AT&T will alert customers about their phone's availability via text message. Consumers can walk in, grab their phone, and walk out, or stay for help if they so wish. The service doesn't cost anything extra for consumers to use.

more info at AT&T »
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=14060

Good one Phonescoop! Can't wait till the reps figure this one out, ATT won't pay shipping or commissions.

Video of doom. http://about.att.com/newsroom/buy_on...in_stores.html

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=14060

Good one Phonescoop! Can't wait till the reps figure this one out, ATT won't pay shipping or commissions.

Video of doom. http://about.att.com/newsroom/buy_on...in_stores.html
    I actually already used that to buy a Note 3 online and pick it up at the Ukiah, CA store, Phonescoop is late The rep was super nice, she was cute too, but I digress

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    I actually already used that to buy a Note 3 online and pick it up at the Ukiah, CA store, Phonescoop is late The rep was super nice, she was cute too, but I digress
    Don't you mean ATT was lte?

[h=AT&T Consumer Blog]3[/h]
    Delivering Convenience One Click at a Time - Customers Can Now Buy Online and Pick Up in Store

Teresa OstapowerMay 12, 2014

- See more at: http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/st....ZkmPZJ2a.dpuf
    she was cute too
    , For the last time it's HOT...or not!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Somebody was late, it wasn't me

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is a good deal especially when online pricing or promotions beat in-store. Good move.

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    reps and store managers are going to be salty.

edit: after talking to a manager they still get commission. so not so bad after all for them.
    Last edited by gammite; 05-12-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I like the idea.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    This might be good, but if you still have to sign in and wait for a Rep to be seen to pick up in-store, it might not. Everytime I've gone by any Cell Provider store (not just AT&T) it's always busy with people waiting to be seen.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808 View Post
    This might be good, but if you still have to sign in and wait for a Rep to be seen to pick up in-store, it might not. Everytime I've gone by any Cell Provider store (not just AT&T) it's always busy with people waiting to be seen.
    When I went into the Ukiah, CA store that evening to pick up my phone, I got right in, so I think it also depends on what time of day you go in. There were three reps in the store, and only one other customer.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I know dealing with the stores can often stink. A cousin recently got an att line at the store. They told him if he signs up for Isis he would get a prepaid Amex card that was good for a case. What the store manager didn't tell him was that the prepaid card came with a $50 credit that could be used where Amex was accepted. Looks like the store manager wanted to sell that case pretty bad.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm sure you'll be marketed My Mobile Locate, accessories or Digital Life subscriptions during checkout so the stores might gain some traffic they otherwise wouldn't.

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    I know dealing with the stores can often stink. A cousin recently got an att line at the store. They told him if he signs up for Isis he would get a prepaid Amex card that was good for a case. What the store manager didn't tell him was that the prepaid card came with a $50 credit that could be used where Amex was accepted. Looks like the store manager wanted to sell that case pretty bad.
    this is the hustle in most stores now.

they use the 50 bux from isis/amex to sell accessories in the store to improve their accessory metric.

i am conflicted on the moral implications of it as most people would be buying a case anyway.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah he's not overly upset about it but it chewed up the entire $50 and he didn't even get to pick out the case. The manager made it sound like you had to buy the case or you wouldn't get the $50.

Its still a little shady so that's one reason I try to avoid the stores when possible.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny4G View Post
    I'm sure you'll be marketed My Mobile Locate, accessories or Digital Life subscriptions during checkout so the stores might gain some traffic they otherwise wouldn't.
    I wasn't, she brought out the Note 3 , started it up, we talked for a few minutes about it and my M8 , then I said thanks, shook her hand and left. We're a lot more down to Earth and low key up here :-) I wish I'd had more time, she was cute and super nice ;-)

via the HoFo App