Thread: Carolina West Wireless New Coverage?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

Carolina West Wireless New Coverage?

I`m a bit of a werido with SID`s and what not but I play around with a old flip phone from time to time, Anyway I live in Rutherfordton, NC Any reason why I can get FULL signal in certain places on SID 1522 Carolina West Wireless? Its never been like that before.
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Good Evening hyelton! How do you like Carolina West? I live in McDowell County, but spend a bit of time in Avery and Watauga, where they are strong. I was interested in their service, but they told me they have no plans for McDowell, etc. I thought they had a threshold (60%?) of non-roaming minutes. I was interested because of my time spent just north of my home and the fact they have LTE through the rural initiative thing.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markdiesel View Post
    Good Evening hyelton! How do you like Carolina West? I live in McDowell County, but spend a bit of time in Avery and Watauga, where they are strong. I was interested in their service, but they told me they have no plans for McDowell, etc. I thought they had a threshold (60%?) of non-roaming minutes. I was interested because of my time spent just north of my home and the fact they have LTE through the rural initiative thing.

via the HoFo App
    I'm really not sure. I live in Rutherford which j don't think should even have Carolina west coverage. Its pretty good network from my testing. I don't have service with them though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've mapped some 310-130 (shown as Cellular One, but it's really Carolina West Wireless) with cellmapper.net in the Golden Valley area of Rutherford County. This is band 4 LTE deployed recently. If you look at U.S. Cellular's coverage map they show this as LTE roaming. There is no other coverage in this area. Hopefully another carrier will add coverage out there soon.
    OnePlus 5 - T-Mobile
    TP-LINK C7 (OpenWRT) & U620L w/ Verizon UDP SIM

Feedback Score
    Update: Sprint now shows roaming here!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADDMAX View Post
    I've mapped some 310-130 (shown as Cellular One, but it's really Carolina West Wireless) with cellmapper.net in the Golden Valley area of Rutherford County. This is band 4 LTE deployed recently. If you look at U.S. Cellular's coverage map they show this as LTE roaming. There is no other coverage in this area. Hopefully another carrier will add coverage out there soon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Update: Sprint now shows roaming here!
    Strange part with Carolina West Wireless and Sprint is for some reason Sprint devices will be on CWW with the SID but won't show roaming it treats it as a home network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Update, Why does Carolina West Wireless still say they dont officially have service here? When they clearly do AND they also have a Prefix that is local as well 828-248-8xxx which is OWNED by carolina west wireless. 828-248 use to all be owned by Bellsouth here.

EDIT: Just got in touch with Carolina West Wireless, They confirmed YES they have been doing testing in Rutherfordton Co, NC.
    Last edited by hyelton; 01-03-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    https://www.telcodata.us/search-area...0INC.&state=NC

Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Update, Why does Carolina West Wireless still say they dont officially have service here? When they clearly do AND they also have a Prefix that is local as well 828-248-8xxx which is OWNED by carolina west wireless. 828-248 use to all be owned by Bellsouth here.

EDIT: Just got in touch with Carolina West Wireless, They confirmed YES they have been doing testing in Rutherfordton Co, NC.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just heard some news today. It's soon going to officially launch in Golden Valley including a Retail store.

Feedback Score
    That's great to hear. I contacted Carolina West about a month or so ago and they told me they weren't ready to deploy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Just heard some news today. It's soon going to officially launch in Golden Valley including a Retail store.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That's great to hear. I contacted Carolina West about a month or so ago and they told me they weren't ready to deploy yet.
    There supposed to be at some community center. To announce it. Now AT&T needs to try and get an LTE roaming agreement lol that would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've always been amazed at the lack of attention that Verizon and AT&T have given Golden Valley. I know there's not that many people per square mile, but the rest of the county is built out fairly well between them. Even T-mobile has deployed B12 (700mhz), which has significantly helped their network here.