Thread: Mail-in rebate on SGS 5.

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score

Mail-in rebate on SGS 5.

I don't understand why anyone would buy the phone from Sprint with the $250 on-contract price given the rigamarole and time required to recoup the $50 (which isn't even *cash*), when you can get the same phone for $168 from Amazon, or $199 from Best Buy if you want a brick-and-mortar experience. Is this just an idiot tax?

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Device(s)
    Tmobile Concord, iPhone 4S, ZTE Z431
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Probably *chuckle*

via the HoFo App
    Is you is or is you ain't my baaby?

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Well. Just got the phone and took approximately two hours getting it activated on the line I bought it on, then swapped to the line I ultimately wanted it on. None of the automated activation tools worked; I had to call Amazon to sort out the activation of the new phone, then call Sprint to do the line swap.

I can't say for certain but it wouldn't surprise me if Sprint makes difficult the process of doing anything the least bit irregular in activating a phone bought through a third party. Still and all it was worth it given how much more money and trouble I'dve had to expend getting the phone from Sprint. Bear in mind that in order to recoup the MIR from Sprint I'dve had to keep the phone on the line I bought it for for thirty days before swapping it, then would have had mail in the rebate paperwork then had to wait *another* 4-6 weeks to receive the rebate in the form of a credit card (of limited utility).