Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Gets 81% of Subs Off Unlimited Data

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Most of the subs today on metered plans never were on Unlimited. For the ones that have switched, yeah, that's what happens when they offer a far better plan (Mobile Share Value) than anything previously offered.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Most of the subs today on metered plans never were on Unlimited. For the ones that have switched, yeah, that's what happens when they offer a far better plan (Mobile Share Value) than anything previously offered.
    I'm pretty sure that 99% of AT&T HoFo members agree that overage free Unlimited Data plans are far more user friendly than cash grab metered plans.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that 99% of AT&T HoFo members agree that overage free Unlimited Data plans are far more user friendly than cash grab metered plans.
    Only the smart ones 😉

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    For the ones that have switched, yeah, that's what happens when they offer a far better plan (Mobile Share Value) than anything previously offered.
    It depends on the individual needs. If cost is the main factor and unlimited data is irrelevant as an issue then Mobile Share Value is probably a better choice. If being able to use data without the need to count or otherwise keep track of data use then unlimited data is still the best choice, even if they throttle it down. I cant speak for everyone else but throttled data isnt the end of the world for me. You win some, you lose some.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully I don't get banned from this one too due to unfairness and favoritism

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I don't have unlimited but if I did they could prob entice me with unthrottled 10gb at a fair price.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen89 View Post
    I'll never be a percentage of those who give up unlimited data. I'll be keeping my $22 unlimited data plan till AT&T forces it off my account.

Sent from my iPad Air
    Me too, we have 4 lines on a family plan each with unlimited.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    AT&T have NEVER offered a plan as good as Mobile Share Value.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thats what I have, and I'm a happy camper!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here we go again with the absolutes...

Feedback Score
    I prefer to have Unlimited. I NEVER have to worry about overages. Even when it is throttled, I can still stream music without any issues.
    Verizon "The New Unlimited Plan"
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data
    AT&T 2X Mobley Connected Car UNL Plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just got my unlimited plan back after the reps in a corporate store screwed up. I WILL NEVER GIVE IT UP!!! They will have to eliminate the plan entirely before I ever give it up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Watch 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I just got my unlimited plan back after the reps in a corporate store screwed up. I WILL NEVER GIVE IT UP!!! They will have to eliminate the plan entirely before I ever give it up.
    I hear ya Matt. Same thing happened to me at a AT&T corp. store. From now on I will never let a store rep. make any changes to my account that could end up removing my unlimited data plan.

Sent from my iPad Air.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    After my discounts I pay $183 a month for 5 smartphone lines. Unlimited talk + text and we share 20GB's of data.

I seem to always get near the 20GB at the end of my cycle but so far I've been able to keep things contained. I do try to use WiFi at home or whenever a good network is available. Yes I wish I never had to worry about any data caps but thankfully my plan fits me best until something better comes along.

We use so much wireless data because myself and another family member have long commutes and we like to stream new music without having to rely on cached or offline playlists. I pay for my data so I don't feel bad about using it one bit.

I anticipated my data needs will go up over the next 5 years as more and more devices get connected to LTE-A networks however my needs may be negated by better, faster more efficient networks or by forcing content providers to help foot the bill in exchange for toll free streaming. I know the latter is controversial among Net Neutrality proponents like myself.

I'd totally be for Rollover Data. Keep your unused data for a year similar to the way that Cingular used to do with minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQbYaC7R64

I'm curious to learn how carrier's like AT&T will bill VoLTE. I believe it should be toll free as long as we are on their network.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny4G View Post
    I'd totally be for Rollover Data. Keep your unused data for a year similar to the way that Cingular used to do with minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQbYaC7R64

I'm curious to learn how carrier's like AT&T will bill VoLTE. I believe it should be toll free as long as we are on their network.
    I like the idea of Rollover data, I guess it would probably work in aggregate, the concern I could see is if a lot of people banked up 30-50GB on the 10GB MSV plan and then were using it a lot in vacation hotspots while traveling, certain areas could get completely bogged down. But maybe people would disperse their usage out such that it wouldn't matter anyways... Although in my case, I will end up on the 10GB MSV plan with one, maybe two other extremely light users, so I don't care, I could see how it would be really nice to just have a 20GB Rollover bucket off of the 10GB MSV plan for a family or 4 or 5, so that if you go on vacation or something and start burning data like crazy, you don't have to goof around with upsizing and downsizing the plan.

I think the better balance for monetization and providing a good value for customers would be a system like Fair and Flexible, so that everyone on the 10GB plan would be automatically upgraded and downgraded to the plans above, basically make the overage rate lower. By this method, you market and drive in the psychology that there are "no overages" (because there aren't, only larger plans), and cause people to use more and more data since they don't as easily have a hard "limit", which would drive incremental revenue for AT&T. In fact, I don't know why they don't do that. It seems like an obvious slam dunk, both creating a fair plan for customers, while driving shareholder value.

It will be billed as minutes. Just like U-Verse TV and voice are each billed separated from internet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast