Thread: Keep unlimited Internet package at best price.

Feedback Score

Keep unlimited Internet package at best price.

Hi,
    I have an old unlimited Internet package on Fido for $ 50. I also have unlimited calls in North America and some services such as Caller ID and call forwarding .

My monthly total is $ 120 per month +tx.

My employer provided me with a completely unlimited cell phone. I'm about to tranfer my number on my employer package and losing my old package . It bothers me a bit! It's been years that I keep this package! But I can not justify spending $ 120 per month just to keep it!

So I try to keep the best part : data! But as I do not want to lose my number, I would also like a small voice service and put a call forwarding to my new work cellphone.

I called and unfortunately the smallest package available at Fido now is $ 34 . So in total , it would cost me $ 84 to keep my package ... It is a little expensive.

Do you have an idea that would allow me to keep this package at a reasonable price , like, $ 65 a month or something ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English...

Device(s)
    Unlocked BlackBerry Passport | Unlocked OnePlus One | Unlocked BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers | T-Mobile Prepaid | TruPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if Fido still has this but I was offered the emergency voice plan a few years ago which is $10/month for no minutes and ~$0.30/minute at per second billing. Some people apparently were even offered this with a $10/month discount so they wound up paying nothing extra.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Gigabit LTE Mobile Router MR1100

My Tech Blog

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC HD2,HTC Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung (BlackJack II, G600,D830,D900)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus, Fido
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fido needs to do something that causes great dissatisfaction before they will entertain the way to help you.

I was in a similar situation to you - Data+voice. I manager to split my account and move my number to another carrier and kept the unlimited data on Fido with a different number.

my monthly cost is 50-5=$45+tax.

Quote Originally Posted by olic View Post
    Hi,
    I have an old unlimited Internet package on Fido for $ 50. I also have unlimited calls in North America and some services such as Caller ID and call forwarding .

My employer provided me with a completely unlimited cell phone. I'm about to tranfer my number on my employer package and losing my old package . It bothers me a bit! It's been years that I keep this package! But I can not justify spending $ 120 per month just to keep it!

So I try to keep the best part : data! But as I do not want to lose my number, I would also like a small voice service and put a call forwarding to my new work cellphone.

I called and unfortunately the smallest package available at Fido now is $ 34 . So in total , it would cost me $ 84 to keep my package ... It is a little expensive.

Do you have an idea that would allow me to keep this package at a reasonable price , like, $ 65 a month or something ?

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Someone else said those $10. retention plan was long gone, on another thread (when I asked also).
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Device(s)
    Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    That $10 PP is definately gone.

I dont see any way possible to meet that pricing point, you could try to call and speak to someone but the data discounts are gone, and they will push to move you to a new plan with 2 4 6 gb of data

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olic View Post
    Hi,

So you could get the $29 Standard plan, and assuming you have no contract, you'd get a 10% discount on that. Add 2500 call forwarding minutes for $3. So that gives you ~$79+tax. You might be able to get it cheaper, but you'd have to call to find out.

via the HoFo App