Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bypass iCloud

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    siri says it can be done. gotta love that siri. siri must be among "most" people because siri knows everything.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1394857555.804910.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  42.0 KB

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    damn. it's that iphone 4 used by "most" people.

Name:  Most iPhone 4.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  55.6 KB

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    this kid doesn't know his passcode and is locked out of his iphone
    (probably also may have only one apple id ... not like "most" people)

Name:  not most people.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  35.8 KB

watch youtube video:
    Ultimate Freak Out of Kid Getting Locked Out of His iPhone
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCH54EBeEM

Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

Bypass iCloud

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos View Post
    siri says it can be done. gotta love that siri. siri must be among "most" people because siri knows everything.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1394857555.804910.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  42.0 KB

via the HoFo App

That is a web search performed by the user using Siri. Siri just provided web search results. There is a difference.

via the giant toaster pasty.
    Last edited by Doolie; 03-15-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    Sorry, you're simply wrong. Home Sharing lets you share and import all kinds of media into any of up to five iTunes libraries in your home, including apps. And it can be content purchased with more than one Apple ID.

The article you linked to says the following:

Apps are explicitly mentioned as being supported.

EDIT: but you are correct in that there's no way to sync those apps to an iDevice without using iTunes. Home Sharing is designed for devices in the same household, though, so this shouldn't be much trouble in most cases. I mean, I can see where it wouldn't work for some or wouldn't be as convenient. I was just making the case that I don't think it's a "best practice" to share your account.
    So you agree that each user should have his own iCloud account as I said? It is implausible that someone would let someone with whom he is breaking up have unfettered access to his iPhone long enough to change an iCloud account password. I think that the Original Poster reclaimed a telephone that he had let his ex use and she entered an unknown password before relinquishing it.

via the HoFo App
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, everyone should have their own account. Only one account is necessary for use with iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, and the iTunes Store. In my opinion, you should not share your account or pool multiple people under one account for iTunes purchases as you claimed "most people" do. Your account is personal and is to be used only by you on devices that you own or control. If you have other devices in the same household that you want to share content with, including apps, you can use iTunes Home Sharing to do so. So no, I disagree with you about how Apple IDs should be used.

Not only that, a lot of what you claim (i.e. home sharing won't work to share apps) is completely false. Please, fact check before replying.

As for the OP's story, yes I believe it's fishy hence my original reply to the topic.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad everyone is having so much fun with this topic! Meanwhile, I sit here with a brick! Thanks guys!!!

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honestly, the feature is there to deter theft. You wouldn't want somebody to steal the phone that you spent your hard earned money on, and be able to make use of it - would you? Your best bet right now is to reason with your ex-girlfriend; nobody including Apple is going to be able to help you. In the future, as I said, when you buy an iOS device and set it up, be sure to enable Find my iPhone with an Apple ID that only you have access to. This way any future ex-girlfriend will not be able to render your phone a brick.

Feedback Score
    Thanks DataDude! I'm glad you're such a humanitarian!

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    For the record, I had two phones, she had one and I had the other. I allowed he access not thinking. She changed the account info after a feud! Luckily my phone did not have the FMIP feature turned on, whew! She gave me the phone back, but wouldn't give me the info. I know better to trust anyone with anything that has secure info ever again, but now I am doing my best to get the other phone open to sell! This isn't the only thing she ruined, but I'm definitely po'd to say the least! I thought this was a forum where we all could post about issues to help one another, but I guess not! My hats off to you gentleman. I bid you good day!

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brettvarney77 View Post
    For the record, I had two phones, she had one and I had the other. I allowed he access not thinking. She changed the account info after a feud! Luckily my phone did not have the FMIP feature turned on, whew! She gave me the phone back, but wouldn't give me the info. I know better to trust anyone with anything that has secure info ever again, but now I am doing my best to get the other phone open to sell! This isn't the only thing she ruined, but I'm definitely po'd to say the least! I thought this was a forum where we all could post about issues to help one another, but I guess not! My hats off to you gentleman. I bid you good day!

via the HoFo App
    There's ways to do it. It's gonna cost you though. Last I heard its $140 and the phone must be on AT&T.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayossno1 View Post
    There's ways to do it. It's gonna cost you though. Last I heard its $140 and the phone must be on AT&T.
    Are you referring to carrier unlocking? That is totally different.

via the giant toaster pastry.

Feedback Score
    Sadly, it can be done, being it's an iPhone 4 with the bootrom exploit. Pwn-DFU>Ramdisk boot>SSH into phone and replace files>Done. I have an iPhone 4 and really wish this wasn't possible, but it is.
    Last edited by overdrive31; 03-31-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    Are you referring to carrier unlocking? That is totally different.

via the giant toaster pastry.
    nope. im not talking about carrier unlocking. im talking about real apple activation locks bypass through a shady source at either apple or at&t. for some reason, they only accept at&t phones for the time being... im not sure why either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The method I describe is likely the same method used by the $140 shady scam and scram. Only this method has no carrier limitation and is a simple DIY which also happens to be free.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast