Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows phone

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score

Windows phone

I hope we get one before the Verizon acquisition is finished!!
    Long live the McDonald fish fillet!

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why do you keep spreading false information? There is no "Verizon acquisition of US Cellular" other than in a few select markets, particularly in rural MO. US Cellular is still up and running with no plans anytime soon to be sold entirely to Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Agreed, stop spreading the false rumors. What you saw was for the MO area that has been in the works for a bit. There are no reports of any complete sale to Verizon, so stop it!
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    This topic is about windows phone..Can we stay on topic here... please!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    3.5% windows market share doesn't justify it. Only reason they gained market share is because Blackberry tanked.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeofday View Post
    Then stop spreading your false information and we can discuss the windows phone option. In spite of USCell not being sold to Verizon, I would think with the intro of the I-phone the window phone will go away as stated above by ace3166, they are lower than blackberry and unless they come out with some geewhiz phone, it's doa

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    US Cellular has had a Windows phone for quite a while now. It may not be the most recent models but they have had one out for at least 8 months. It is the Samsung ATIV Odyssey. Click here to see if on the US Cellular site.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkcell View Post
    Then stop spreading your false information and we can discuss the windows phone option. In spite of USCell not being sold to Verizon, I would think with the intro of the I-phone the window phone will go away as stated above by ace3166, they are lower than blackberry and unless they come out with some geewhiz phone, it's doa
    Windows phone will gain market share quickly. And make Apple obsolete in few years. Apple has the same ol' IOS no matter what numbered version they release. I can see windows phone gaining fast.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    3.5% windows market share doesn't justify it. Only reason they gained market share is because Blackberry tanked.
    Actually, Windows Phone has done good on it's own, and is set to take off even more with the new updates. It's a really good platform, and in some countries it's outselling Apple, and even Android by a large margin.

Statistics may say Windows 8 is a flop but, contrary to popular opinion, Windows Phone is far from down and out in the battle for our mobile affections. In fact in many parts of the world sales are rocketing past the iPhone.

This month Microsoft broke these areas down country by country and confirmed exactly where Windows Phone is specifically outselling the iPhone. The list reads as follows:
    Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Ecuador, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Kenya, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
    Interestingly in 14 of these markets – Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, India, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, South Africa, Thailand, Ukraine, Vietnam – Windows Phone has taken second place in the sector, stepping past former strongholds for BlackBerry and Symbian which had also previously edged out iOS.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...d-why-it-does/

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkcell View Post
    Just curious, are you in Colorado? Seems like you are smoking something, first lies about US Cell being sold now that Windows phones will make Apple "go away". HA HA HA HA time for a reality check timeofday, my guess it's Miller time for you.
    surely you jest!

Feedback Score
    Mod note: Let's keep it on topic, and leave off the personal commentary.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you wanted responses only about Windows Phone, why even mention "before the Verizon acquisition is finished!!"? You surely are either trying to spread misinformation, or are trying to start an argument.

Windows phone will gain market share quickly. And make Apple obsolete in few years. Apple has the same ol' IOS no matter what numbered version they release. I can see windows phone gaining fast.
    Windows Phone will continue to gain traction, but it's been out for several years without much success. There is no way it will overtake Apple anytime soon, Android and iOS are and for the near future will always be the top 2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093
    If you wanted responses only about Windows Phone, why even mention "before the Verizon acquisition is finished!!"? You surely are either trying to spread misinformation, or are trying to start an argument.
    Just for clarification, when a mod points out that future responses should remain on topic, no further comment about the previous off-topic comments is needed. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if the windows phone % wouldn't be a lot higher if they would have made it easier to use Activesync with self signed security certs. Back when Win Mobile 6.1 was around, you had to download the cert from the Outlook Web Access page and transfer it to the phone and then install it on the phone as a trusted certificate. With Android, all you had to do was select a box to allow a self signed ceritificate

The company I work for ditched Blackberry for Android devices and that could easily be 1000 phones, I know there are about 80 company cellphones in the plant I work at

Feedback Score
    I have the Samsung ATIV Odyssey and I must admit it's a really solid phone despite it's mid-range specs. It performs well and has incredible battery life. I'm not holding my breath for Nokia's showing up at USCC but that new Samsung ATIV SE heading to Verizon may find its way over some day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast