Thread: Billing for text messages on a business account

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Billing for text messages on a business account

I work as an IT support professional. When the help desk assigns me a ticket the program automatically generates an email that is sent to [email protected].

When I receive the message on my US Cellular feature phone (Samsung SCH-R390) it is divided into 4 text messages that are not always in order. So the message is difficult to read.

I would like to receive the message as a picture message instead - sent to [email protected].

Unfortunately incoming picture messages are blocked on my phone number. I asked the person in charge of the phone billing how much we are paying for the incoming text messages and how much it would cost for picture messaging.

She told me that the text message is being billed as a phone call and my last 2 phone bills were $4.20 and $1.02. She indicated it would cost $19.95 a month to add the incoming picture messaging.

Does this sound correct? No free incoming messages on business lines?

Feedback Score
    Have the help desk send it to a real email address

Device(s)
    Samsung G3 4.1.1 rooted
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I believe USCC is "free incoming everything", which means incoming texts, mms, and calls should be free and not require any plan changes.

I think they can be optionally blocked, but it shouldn't cost anything to allow them.

BTC
    BillThyCat
    Cell Phone user since 1995
    Owner of a Samsung G3 from USCC (Rooted) Freed up all those pesky USCC apps too
    - There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't. -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billthycat View Post
    I believe USCC is "free incoming everything", which means incoming texts, mms, and calls should be free and not require any plan changes.

I think they can be optionally blocked, but it shouldn't cost anything to allow them.

BTC
    That's not necessarily true with business plans. Don't know what the current plans are, but there used to be some business plans that didn't include free incoming. It depends on a lot of things, but business plans are lot more flexible than consumer plans, at least once you reach a certain number of lines.