Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Heard a rumor about USCC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    358
    Carrier(s)
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    0

    Heard a rumor about USCC

    I was in the ATT store in my area, and one of the associates told me that Us Cellular was bought by Verizon, and they will be re-branding in the next few months. Does anyone know if this is true, or if the rep was lying?
    http://www.racefansforever.weebly.com// For a Fan's perspective on NASCAR racing.

    http://calvarycumberland.org/#/reveal-fm My latest project...programming a radio station

    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forum.php For good information about safety razor shaving, and straight edge shaving

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    197
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes my friend it's true. USSC, is going the way of the dodo bird.. Change over to Verizon should be completed by June 23.


    "Verizon Wireless will serve acquired U.S. Cellular customers using the existing U.S. Cellular brand name until the network integration and upgrade to 4G LTE is complete, expected to be in mid-2014. U.S. Cellular customers affected by this purchase will receive a welcome letter in the next few weeks. Customers do not need to take any action at this time."
    Long live the McDonald fish fillet!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,648
    Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I call false on that timeofday. If that was the case, these forums and tech blogs would be flooded with that information. Where did you get that quote from?

    The only report I could find online is from Verizon itself, which says they purchased assets of US Cellular in rural Missouri. Nothing about US Cellular itself being bought, or that their entire network is being migrated to Verizon.

    http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/...-cellular.html


    EDIT: It looks like this is the article you got your quote from, but again, it only refers to select rural areas of Missouri.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    358
    Carrier(s)
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since I live on the east coast, I would not be affected by the buyout in MO.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    197
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg329 View Post
    Since I live on the east coast, I would not be affected by the buyout in MO.
    If your on AT&T as your profile suggests. you would not be effected period.

    "Verizon might try and gobble up U.S. Cellular, which continues to lose subscribers."

    it makes perfect sense....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,156
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    0
    All Verizon has purchased is that small area in MO that Sprint did not want in the sale. Reps from other companies have no clue on their own service let alone any other companies service. They are salesmen, never trust a salesmen.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    197
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    "Verizon Wireless today completed its planned acquisition of assets from U.S. Cellular. Verizon will continue to operate the assets as U.S. Cellular until Verizon completes its LTE build-out."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,648
    Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by timeofday View Post
    "Verizon Wireless today completed its planned acquisition of assets from U.S. Cellular. Verizon will continue to operate the assets as U.S. Cellular until Verizon completes its LTE build-out."
    You can't quote just a piece of information, for anyone who only saw your post they would assume you are referring to the entire US Cellular company, when in fact only a few assets in rural Missouri are being bought out. Please don't spread false information.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    197
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    You can't quote just a piece of information, for anyone who only saw your post they would assume you are referring to the entire US Cellular company, when in fact only a few assets in rural Missouri are being bought out. Please don't spread false information.
    What are you trying to say exactly?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    358
    Carrier(s)
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by timeofday View Post
    If your on AT&T as your profile suggests. you would not be effected period.

    "Verizon might try and gobble up U.S. Cellular, which continues to lose subscribers."

    it makes perfect sense....
    It affects me as I would switch to Verizon if they offered coverage instead of Us Cell in my area.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,914
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Only thing I've heard is Verizon buying certain assets but that was last year I think
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,291
    Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    0
    sales people will be the last to know. They dont want them to jump ship so they dont tell them. My guess is about 5 just quit after reading the post to get an early start on job hunting since verizon doesnt take over agent stores with less than 20 locations. Or in towns where they already have a store.
    hardees rules.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    197
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg329 View Post
    It affects me as I would switch to Verizon if they offered coverage instead of Us Cell in my area.
    your profile says your on AT&T

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    109
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by timeofday View Post
    Yes my friend it's true. USSC, is going the way of the dodo bird.. Change over to Verizon should be completed by June 23.


    "Verizon Wireless will serve acquired U.S. Cellular customers using the existing U.S. Cellular brand name until the network integration and upgrade to 4G LTE is complete, expected to be in mid-2014. U.S. Cellular customers affected by this purchase will receive a welcome letter in the next few weeks. Customers do not need to take any action at this time."
    This has been talked about long ago in fact I ended the conversation almost 6 months ago. You all have wrong info. USCC sold Midwest to Sprint. Right around the time they sold Chicago market to them they made an agreement then but has been kept pretty secret.

    http://www.9news.com/story/tech/2012...-480m/1688719/


    I used to live in Iowa and had family working for USCC...the Iowa market is selling as well but not mentioned in this article because of the age of it. Where anyone got information about Verizon buying it I have no idea. If Verizon ever did it would be ripped apart instantly if it would ever have been approved due to overlaying spectrum they already own enough in those areas. Get ready over the next 2yrs USCC won't exist in the Midwest. If your a USCC customer have you noticed how your roaming service is no longer Verizon like it used to be mainly. Now its Sprint preferred then Verizon as secondary.
    Last edited by KobesKD; 03-11-2014 at 07:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,636
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any good rumors about R-UIM/CSIM on USCC?
    By Train_Watchman in forum USCellular
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 02:04 AM
  3. Heard a Nasty Rumor about upgrades
    By TMOATL in forum T-Mobile Employees & Dealers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
  4. Heard rumors about SK3
    By tacodude2 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 10:35 PM
  5. Rumors about Nov. 10???? ANYONE?
    By ritmarketer in forum AT&T
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 10:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks