Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heard a rumor about USCC

Carrier(s)
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score

Heard a rumor about USCC

I was in the ATT store in my area, and one of the associates told me that Us Cellular was bought by Verizon, and they will be re-branding in the next few months. Does anyone know if this is true, or if the rep was lying?
    http://www.racefansforever.weebly.com// For a Fan's perspective on NASCAR racing.

http://calvarycumberland.org/#/reveal-fm My latest project...programming a radio station

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forum.php For good information about safety razor shaving, and straight edge shaving

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes my friend it's true. USSC, is going the way of the dodo bird.. Change over to Verizon should be completed by June 23.

"Verizon Wireless will serve acquired U.S. Cellular customers using the existing U.S. Cellular brand name until the network integration and upgrade to 4G LTE is complete, expected to be in mid-2014. U.S. Cellular customers affected by this purchase will receive a welcome letter in the next few weeks. Customers do not need to take any action at this time."
    Long live the McDonald fish fillet!

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I call false on that timeofday. If that was the case, these forums and tech blogs would be flooded with that information. Where did you get that quote from?

The only report I could find online is from Verizon itself, which says they purchased assets of US Cellular in rural Missouri. Nothing about US Cellular itself being bought, or that their entire network is being migrated to Verizon.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/...-cellular.html

EDIT: It looks like this is the article you got your quote from, but again, it only refers to select rural areas of Missouri.

Carrier(s)
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Since I live on the east coast, I would not be affected by the buyout in MO.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg329 View Post
    Since I live on the east coast, I would not be affected by the buyout in MO.
    If your on AT&T as your profile suggests. you would not be effected period.

"Verizon might try and gobble up U.S. Cellular, which continues to lose subscribers."

it makes perfect sense....

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    All Verizon has purchased is that small area in MO that Sprint did not want in the sale. Reps from other companies have no clue on their own service let alone any other companies service. They are salesmen, never trust a salesmen.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    "Verizon Wireless today completed its planned acquisition of assets from U.S. Cellular. Verizon will continue to operate the assets as U.S. Cellular until Verizon completes its LTE build-out."

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeofday View Post
    "Verizon Wireless today completed its planned acquisition of assets from U.S. Cellular. Verizon will continue to operate the assets as U.S. Cellular until Verizon completes its LTE build-out."
    You can't quote just a piece of information, for anyone who only saw your post they would assume you are referring to the entire US Cellular company, when in fact only a few assets in rural Missouri are being bought out. Please don't spread false information.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    You can't quote just a piece of information, for anyone who only saw your post they would assume you are referring to the entire US Cellular company, when in fact only a few assets in rural Missouri are being bought out. Please don't spread false information.
    What are you trying to say exactly?

Carrier(s)
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    If your on AT&T as your profile suggests. you would not be effected period.

"Verizon might try and gobble up U.S. Cellular, which continues to lose subscribers."

it makes perfect sense....
    It affects me as I would switch to Verizon if they offered coverage instead of Us Cell in my area.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Only thing I've heard is Verizon buying certain assets but that was last year I think
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    sales people will be the last to know. They dont want them to jump ship so they dont tell them. My guess is about 5 just quit after reading the post to get an early start on job hunting since verizon doesnt take over agent stores with less than 20 locations. Or in towns where they already have a store.
    hardees rules.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg329 View Post
    It affects me as I would switch to Verizon if they offered coverage instead of Us Cell in my area.
    your profile says your on AT&T

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes my friend it's true. USSC, is going the way of the dodo bird.. Change over to Verizon should be completed by June 23.

"Verizon Wireless will serve acquired U.S. Cellular customers using the existing U.S. Cellular brand name until the network integration and upgrade to 4G LTE is complete, expected to be in mid-2014. U.S. Cellular customers affected by this purchase will receive a welcome letter in the next few weeks. Customers do not need to take any action at this time."
    This has been talked about long ago in fact I ended the conversation almost 6 months ago. You all have wrong info. USCC sold Midwest to Sprint. Right around the time they sold Chicago market to them they made an agreement then but has been kept pretty secret.

http://www.9news.com/story/tech/2012...-480m/1688719/

I used to live in Iowa and had family working for USCC...the Iowa market is selling as well but not mentioned in this article because of the age of it. Where anyone got information about Verizon buying it I have no idea. If Verizon ever did it would be ripped apart instantly if it would ever have been approved due to overlaying spectrum they already own enough in those areas. Get ready over the next 2yrs USCC won't exist in the Midwest. If your a USCC customer have you noticed how your roaming service is no longer Verizon like it used to be mainly. Now its Sprint preferred then Verizon as secondary.
    Last edited by KobesKD; 03-11-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast