Thread: "U.S. Cellular loses 97,000 subs in Q4, notes uncertainty for 2014"

Device(s)
    Current: Nexus 4. Previous: Focus, Touch, Q, T637, Q105
    Carrier(s)
    Current: ATT. Previous: Virgin, Sprint, Tmobile
    Feedback Score

"U.S. Cellular loses 97,000 subs in Q4, notes uncertainty for 2014"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...014/2014-02-27

U.S. Cellular (NYSE:USM) continued to bleed subscribers in the fourth quarter and also said it would be unable to predict its performance in 2014 at this time. The company cited a number of factors in holding back on providing guidance, including continued churn related to issues with its new billing system.

The regional carrier said it is "not providing guidance for 2014 revenues and profitability at this time due to a number of factors, which involve significant uncertainty and affect the company's ability to estimate future results with reasonable confidence."

Additionally, its ability to forecast has been impacted by "continuing elevated churn due, at least in part, to issues arising from the company's billing system implementation in the second half of 2013. Although the company expects churn to improve over the next several months, the extent and timing of the improvement is uncertain."

Another factor that led U.S. Cellular not to issue 2014 guidance was "the unprecedented number of actions related to pricing of service plans and devices, including device financing, announced by competitors in recent weeks, for which the company is evaluating and determining its response." There has been a great deal of ferment in pricing in the market the last several months.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I feel so bad for their current customers!

What a nightmare trying to resolve these incredible billing issues with a faceless, arrogant corporate beast. And despite the corporate flimflam, they seem to do little in regards to granting their customers any relief or hope. Current customers have no alternative other than to walk away to another carrier. Let your State Attorney General and Consumer Protection Agency sort it out because you as a customer certainly will not.

Here's the real crunch...they can't even bill the current plans they have had for eons...how can they even think about implementing any competitive NEW plans or pricing to keep old or attract new customers on a billing system that does not work.

Sadly, TDS is an old, rigid telephone company and US Cellular is an old and rigid regional wireless company. They cannot use their natural competitive advantage of smaller size to be more responsive and innovative than the big boys. I feel sorry for the friends I have at both companies.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    there are two topics everyone talks about on facebook.
    Boy the weather is cold
    and
    Did you get double billed.
    hardees rules.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone: Samsung Orbit J3, Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra, Moto e4, Padfone X, LG Rebel 3. Tello: ZTE Max XL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bummpr View Post
    Current customers have no alternative other than to walk away to another carrier.
    It looks like quite a few folks are taking that route these days. I had to pay a $110 ETF back in December to leave this train wreck of a company, but it was well worth the money. I'm now saving $20 per month and getting service much better than US Cellular could ever hope to offer.

Good riddance. The sooner this company gets picked off by another carrier, the better off everyone will be...current employees included.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mfrerkes View Post
    It looks like quite a few folks are taking that route these days. I had to pay a $110 ETF back in December to leave this train wreck of a company, but it was well worth the money. I'm now saving $20 per month and getting service much better than US Cellular could ever hope to offer.

Good riddance. The sooner this company gets picked off by another carrier, the better off everyone will be...current employees included.

Bravo, Bravo...
    Long live the McDonald fish fillet!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    HAPPYHOLIDAYSFROMTHEHARRISONS!
    Feedback Score
    I left USCC for Verizon in Q4 after having been with USCC for 10 years. The main USCC location in Dubuque, IA still always seems pretty busy though.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigredhunk View Post
    I left USCC for Verizon in Q4 after having been with USCC for 10 years. The main USCC location in Dubuque, IA still always seems pretty busy though.
    Like all their retail locations, busy with people complaining about their service, phone or over billing issues.
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    why do us cellular customer put up with being treated this way??

Device(s)
    Moto M
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular who else?
    Feedback Score
    Because some areas have no other choice. None, nit, nien, absolutely no other carrier.. Living in the boonies does have perks tho.. Fishing and hunting!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imauser View Post
    Because some areas have no other choice. None, nit, nien, absolutely no other carrier.. Living in the boonies does have perks tho.. Fishing and hunting!
    EXACTLY!! I couldn't agree more.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately my wife renewed our contracts so my ETF is at its highest. If T-Mobile wasn't so awful in my area, I'd consider their buyout offer. Then again....I may just do it....

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    us cellular with all them fees though. used too we didnt have that

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Not looking good for U.S.C.C at all...

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imacg32007 View Post
    us cellular with all them fees though. used too we didnt have that
    Yup, they aren't a big company like Verizon or AT&T, they can't charge the same fees as them. No wonder they are losing so many subs.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I see uscc buyout in near future

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by kgravelle7k2; 04-02-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Verizon iPhone 6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast