Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity Requesting Further Extension

Feedback Score
    CBC has just reported that Lenovo potential investment in BB (or RIM) is rejected.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bla...--finance.html

That only tells us that the FED is not to relax rule on foreign investment from questionable sources (like Russia in case of Vimpleton or Huawei in case of electronic equipments) .

There is little chance of any frantic moment in bidding (if any) for Mobi

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    There is little chance of any frantic moment in bidding (if any) for Mobi
    Perhaps, WIND Mobile's bid will end up being the best one that Mobi will hesitatingly accept . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Perhaps, WIND Mobile's bid will end up being the best one that Mobi will hesitatingly accept . . .
    What is most interesting is that VT was threatening the FED. There is no specific as to its nature but it was believed to be relating to additional rule on roaming costs. Now it is approaching the crunch time when VT has to pay for the spectrum - I vaguely remember it has to be the first week of April.
    What happens if the FED does not cave in? Can VT back out from the purchase of the spectrum (outside Quebec) by forfeiting the deposit only?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    I have had Telus,Fido and Bell and they always ajust the price.
    I'm telling you either error is too small to matter or this is bs
    It is a MAJOR pain in the *** to even get manager (much less regional manager or worse director) approval to adjust even well known & DOCUMENTED issues
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Feedback Score
    I'm telling you either error is too small to matter or this is bs
    And I am telling you that you're wrong.

I spoke to Bell concerning a mistake in billing in the amount of $30 last week. It was corrected on the phone and 2 minutes later it was also corrected in my online account. For the current month I noticed there is a mistake of $100 and they said they would fix that once the billing cycle finished.

I will REPEAT myself. VT would never do that. They make you pay the full amount regardless of the amount, regardless of the service. And they will credit you the next month. It is not just me but others on VT have gone through this.

Just because you work for a telecom does not mean that you know everything.

With VT, when there is a small billing mistake I have to fight tooth and nail to have it fixed. And I have to pay it just the same and wait to see if it has been credited the next month.

With Bell no matter how big the error is, it is very painless when I call. They fix it right away and I don't have to argue with them.

I had Bell some years ago and left them because of their policies but I find they have improved alot .

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    (like Russia in case of Vimpleton
    Isn't Vimpelcom from the Netherlands?
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    Are there ever billing errors which result in you not being charged enough?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    I don't know all the in and outs, ijcy, but I believe that VimpelCom is officially headquartered in the Netherlands, but the control is pretty much Russian.
    Last edited by underrated; 03-28-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    Nope....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0M920Y20140312

No wonder Harper is not too keen about them coming over

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just because you work for a telecom does not mean that you know everything.

With Bell no matter how big the error is, it is very painless when I call. They fix it right away and I don't have to argue with them.

I had Bell some years ago and left them because of their policies but I find they have improved alot
    *rolls eyes*
    Seriously this is the dumbest thing ever (you are commenting on Bell policy from years ago? Really?)

If I take a client call & client has a billing issue I can NOT fix it
    If I'm lucky (very seldom) someone at manager level can approve it (ONLY if beneath certain dollar amount)
    Otherwise a written request is sent off to offline teams to do account adjustments (and how long it takes depends on dollar amount involved)

Even other carriers (I used Fido as example) have caps on what they can adjust live (I think it was max $20 if memory serves) after that they need approval as well

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenyz View Post
    Are there ever billing errors which result in you not being charged enough?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Yup
    On all carriers

And if customer is being a REAL *** during call we will report it
    Otherwise its error in your favour

Feedback Score
    Seriously this is the dumbest thing ever... and *roll eyes*
    Seriously?

I am just saying that Bell has corrected various billing errors on the phone regardless of amount. Something that Videotron WILL NEVER do, No matter the amount, no matter who you speak with. That is my point.

And to be honest, I am surprised that Bell does that. That is what I am saying.

But for you to roll eyes and make a comment like that: WOW!!! I can not share my experience here? I can not say what Bell has done? So it's dumb.

It is hard to phantom that Bell does this and I am the first to admit it. And I have been pleasatly surprised.

Obviously, you have not dealt with Videotron enough.

Now, to Mobilicity. I hope that Wind somehow finds a way to merge with Mobi. Then they could roll out LTE. They will have more towers and reception will improve.

Feedback Score

Now, to Mobilicity. I hope that Wind somehow finds a way to merge with Mobi. Then they could roll out LTE. They will have more towers and reception will improve.
    You're going to have to keep hoping for a while. It's unlikely that Wind can buy or merge with Mobi if they don't have financial support from their investors. You might as well hope for Blackberry to buy Mobilicity, as it's just as likely.

Feedback Score
    Actually if the two combine there will be less duplicate towers (between the two) to save costs. Of course that will result in more efficient use and reception will improve. They both are AWS. Why are they in competition with each other?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Mobilicity Granted Stay Extension to June 30, 2014
    Mobilicity Press Release, Apr 25

TORONTO, April 25, 2014 – Data & Audio Visual Enterprises Holdings Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, Mobilicity) announced that on April 23, 2014 it obtained an order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) (the Court) granting a stay extension under its current CCAA proceedings to June 30, 2014. The scheduling of the meeting order and the sanction order in respect of Mobilicity’s CCAA plan transaction (the Mobilicity Transaction), announced April 17, 2014, will be scheduled at a later date. Copies of the order of the Court, and of the Monitor’s Sixth Report dated April 22, 2014, are available on the Monitor’s website at www.ey.com/ca/mobilicity.

The Court has also ordered, on April 23, 2014, that the parties involved in the Mobilicity Transaction shall attend a mediation to mediate any outstanding issues relating to the successful completion of the Mobilicity Transaction. On April 24, 2014, Industry Canada confirmed that to the extent there remains outstanding issues related to the completion of the Mobilicity Transaction, it will participate with Mobilicity and its key stakeholders in the Court-ordered mediation. If needed, Mobilicity expects that mediation would proceed over the next few weeks. The mediation is to proceed before the Honourable Former Chief Justice of Ontario Warren Winkler.

Former Chief Justice of Ontario Winkler, B.A., LL.B., LL.M was appointed Chief Justice of Ontario in June 2007, following 14 years as a trial judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario. The Honourable Warren Winkler retired as the Chief Justice of Ontario in December 2013. During his service with the Superior Court of Justice, Chief Justice Winkler held a range of judicial administration portfolios. He has judicially mediated many large national and international disputes, including: Air Canada Restructuring; Walkerton Tainted Water; Ontario Hydro and Power Workers; Windsor-Michigan Tunnel; CanWest/Shaw Cable restructuring and Nortel Networks. He has heard major class action proceedings involving: Hepatitis C; Breast Implants; Tobacco; Walkerton Tainted Water; Mad Cow Disease and Native Residential Schools.

The Mobilicity Transaction is supported by Mobilicity’s key stakeholders, including customers, employees, dealers and other stakeholders, as it provides for a complete continuation of the business to their benefit. Mobilicity expects to complete the transaction, subject to the successful meeting of creditors to consider the Mobilicity Transaction, the sanctioning by the Court of Mobilicity’s CCAA plan and the approval of Industry Canada or approval within the CCAA proceedings of the transfer of Mobilicity’s spectrum licences as part of the Mobilicity Transaction.

On April 1, 2014, Mobilicity filed a confidential preliminary assessment request with Industry Canada in respect of the Mobilicity Transaction. Industry Canada advised Mobilicity that it does not have a specific date on its response to Mobilicity but the review by Industry Canada is a priority and is well underway. The Industry Canada preliminary assessment process allows a holder of spectrum licences to seek non-binding advice from Industry Canada on a confidential basis. Mobilicity is of the view there will be no need for the Court-ordered mediation if there are no outstanding issues remaining for the successful completion of the Mobilicity Transaction.

Mobilicity will continue to provide updates on its restructuring and the Mobilicity Transaction as matters advance.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast