Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity Requesting Further Extension

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Uh huh
    & right from what you quoted CDMA2000 (called 1X) is a third generation (3G) standard
    So what we conclude is 1X speeds while inferior to EVDO can legally be construed as 3G while the Revisions of are ignored and footnoted.

The first step in the CDMA2000 evolution after IS-95 is called 1X.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    So what we conclude is 1X speeds while inferior to EVDO can legally be construed as 3G while the Revisions of are ignored and footnoted.
    Oh you know how many revisions they do
    They also claim HSPA is 4G (in reality MOST of the LTE deployed is not even true 4G)
    Most of what they claim is pure BS
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    On Tuesday March 18 a request was submitted to the Court for an extension of the stay period to April 30, supported by Ernst & Young.

Fifth Report of the Monitor (pdf)

Some relevant bits from the E&Y Report:

11. The Applicants, the Financial Advisor and the Monitor have been actively engaged in discussions with a view to selecting a successful bidder, and expect to provide this Court in the near term with a detailed description of the conduct and results of the Sale Procedures. At present, however, the Monitor does not intend to report further on any aspect of the Sale Process in order to minimize any risk of prejudicing the Sale Process.
    12. The Monitor is satisfied that the Applicants are working with diligence and in good faith in advancing their efforts under the Sale Process.
    15. As indicated in further detail in Appendix “B”, actual net cash flow for the four-week period ended March 7, 2014 was approximately $2.6 million higher than projected in the February Cash Flow Statement due to a $0.4 million positive variance in receipts and a $2.2 million positive variance in disbursements. As a result, as shown in Appendix “B”, the Applicants have not yet needed to draw upon the DIP loan (reflected in the February Cash Flow Statement as “Incremental Funding”) that was approved by this Court in the Initial Order.
    19. The Applicants seek an extension of the stay period to April 30, 2014 (the “Proposed Stay Extension Date”). Including the cash balance of $2.0 million reflected in the Cash Flow Statement, the Applicants are projected to have sufficient liquidity to fund operations, and to pay the costs of this Proceeding, to the Proposed Stay Extension Date without the receipt of any incremental funding from the DIP Lenders or any other party.

- Customer Revenue for the 4 week period ending March 7 was $413,000 higher than projected
    - Amdocs motion hearing adjourned to April 23

--
    E&Y document centre
    Last edited by pjw918; 03-20-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robsaw View Post
    This is a court-supervised process, no need to make any stupid guesses. Mobilicity had $30M of Debtor In Possession financing established when they formally filed for protection under CCAA. That money comes from the existing (as of Sep 30 '13) "note holders", which has not yet been touched. This is existing creditors extending the process with the hope that they can get more out of Mobi in the future rather than liquidating now.
    Helloooooo? Somehow there will be mysterious additional income coming from nowhere. And creditors can just mysteriously extend more credit without notifying the auditors. Who cares?
    Meanwhile the big 3 has continued with its stranglehold of the market. And we (consumers) can only see helplessly increase across the board.
    I think Mobi went to the court last May.
    Have a good laugh
    You maybe right in all normal cases. But you have to think out of the box to figure out the cell market in Canada. All you need to do is to trace where the money goes

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    19. The Applicants seek an extension of the stay period to April 30, 2014 (the “Proposed Stay Extension Date”). Including the cash balance of $2.0 million reflected in the Cash Flow Statement, the Applicants are projected to have sufficient liquidity to fund operations, and to pay the costs of this Proceeding, to the Proposed Stay Extension Date without the receipt of any incremental funding from the DIP Lenders or any other party.

- Customer Revenue for the 4 week period ending March 7 was $413,000 higher than projected
    - Amdocs motion hearing adjourned to April 23
    The slashing is maintaining life but for how much longer? Mobilicity planning a Resurrection Sale in a few weeks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    The slashing is maintaining life but for how much longer? Mobilicity planning a Resurrection Sale in a few weeks?
    We have heard it 20k times from many gurus here and there since May 2013.

Feedback Score
    Mobilicity is like a cat. It has at least 9 lives. Given the slash and burn on the expense side, do the latest numbers mean they can survive indefinitely in this limbo state?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mobilicity is like a Feral and Free cat . Always searching for a meal then ownership.
    Feral cats are Free but Homeless as opposed to OWNED, removed and oblivious or aloof. Feral Cats show a more true natural side as Mobilicity and Wind have Exposed the Truth of Industry costs in Major Metropolitan Areas. Alleged National network deployment costs benefit a select few but cost the majority. We need more Ferals less Pigs.
    You superior humans and Pigs would have survived how long this winter outdoors without your phone guiding you to sustenance and Shelter?
    We the people need more Freedoms of Time and Natural Unadulterated Space and real necessities not CONTROL.

Think outside of The cat Litter BOX before you are buried in ..it if you truly are not domesticated.
    I am semi domesticated not rabid but hopefully viral.
    Last edited by TelecomZombie; 03-20-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Mobilicity is like a cat. It has at least 9 lives. Given the slash and burn on the expense side, do the latest numbers mean they can survive indefinitely in this limbo state?
    Mobi has gone beyond cats lifespan into some immortality

I for one predict they will outlive the big3 cockroaches

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Mobi has gone beyond cats lifespan into some immortality

I for one predict they will outlive the big3 cockroaches
    There is nothing I and I suspect many others on here wouldn't wish for more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    There is nothing I and I suspect many others on here wouldn't wish for more.
    I agree. +1

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    On Friday the Court issued an order extending the stay period to April 30.

Feedback Score
    If I had Mobilicity here I would have gone with them even with spotty coverage. Videotron has spotty coverage, policies that are even worse than the Big 3. They compete on price now because they saw they weren't getting many subs adte year 1.

I hope Mobilicity survives.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    If I had Mobilicity here I would have gone with them even with spotty coverage. Videotron has spotty coverage, policies that are even worse than the Big 3. They compete on price now because they saw they weren't getting many subs adte year 1.

I hope Mobilicity survives.
    completely agree on vt being worse than big 3

...kinda hoping telus somehow buys them if only for the better coverage... seems like a good fit for their network techwise too...

Feedback Score
    It'd be nice if things would sort themselves out soon - I'm keeping a Mobi account with a bunch of discounts and premium data active (using it in my iPad, so I'm almost SAVING money compared to my monthly Telus iPad bill) - in faint hopes of some kind of beneficial final solution. But I think everyone is tired of the suspense, and would rather it just resolve itself already. Watch, it'll probably get extended again after April. Which would be partially irritating, but hey, more time with 20 GB of mobile data on my iPad...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast