Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity Requesting Further Extension

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Throttled 1X speeds is still unlimited data but not 3G
    Competition not dead and gutting begins. Publics ads claimed unlimited app usage.
    Is the throttling actually mentioned in the memo and even so of what value?

As I said before Telus is no brave knight rushing to save damsel in distress Mobilicity. This expected underhanded deceit Proves HELLUSs Fine intentions

RIP evdo April 2014.
    All public cudtomers will experience 1x speeds as will remainder of Hellpus cdma ones
    Watch Publics LIE network light up for Telus customers while Publics customers migrate to delapitated Hellus coma 1x net
    Funny this release directly following auction
    auction
    Important News about data usage
    To ensure a consistent, high-quality experience for all our customers, we will no longer offer unlimited data service starting April 4th. Customers currently using excessive amounts of data strain our network and can negatively impact the quality of service other customers receive.
    To provide the best service for the majority of our customers, our plans will now include 1 GB of data as of April 4th. For most of our customers 1GB is more data than they typically use. However, to make sure you do not experience service interruptions we suggest accessing Wi-Fi wherever possible. If you do use more than 1 GB you may notice slowdowns to your current data service after a reasonable buffer.
    On April 4, our Privacy Policy and Fair Use Policy will also change. These policies can be viewed at publicmobile.ca/Privacy and publicmobile.ca/FairUse

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    Throttle 1X speeds is still unlimited.
    Competition not dead and gutting begins. Publics ads claimed unlimited apps
    Is the throttling actually in the memo?

As I said before Telus is no brave knight rushing to save damsel in distress Mobilicity. This expected underhanded deceit Proves HELLUSs Fine intentions

RIP evdo April 2014.
    All public cudtomers will experience 1x speeds as will remainder of Hellpus cdma ones
    TZ do you really think any company anywhere in the world is here to not make money?
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Jul 18, 2013 - “All we are asking for is not to be punished. ... “I think we have righteousness on our side,” he said.

unWANTED
    Hellus Alliance Liar

http://www.blogwire.ca/telus-ceo-cal...s-into-canada/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    TZ do you really think any company anywhere in the world is here to not make money?
    I despise liars and don't pity fools!
    The game is to control information.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Throttled 1X speeds is still unlimited data but not 3G
    1xRTT certainly is 3G
    Older IS95 technology was 2G
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Quite frankly Videotron is very different than the big3 anyways
    only have experience dealing with vt for TV/net but I found them much much worse than the others... and I've lived in almost all provinces so have pretty much tried them all...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markj View Post
    only have experience dealing with vt for TV/net but I found them much much worse than the others... and I've lived in almost all provinces so have pretty much tried them all...
    Oh cmon customer service is miles better, and even from corp side they are alot more open with client base (whereas brands like Bell/Telus want customer ignorant of literally everything)

There is a reason they are so wildly successful in PQ (think about over 500,000 in province alone; by comparison Wind can only get 600,000 across Canada) and give Bell huge competition in home (TV, Inet, Phone) markets

I've only lived in PQ & ON so no experience with other regionals (SaskTel, MTS etc) but its night & day against nationals

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    On Tuesday, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice extended the period staying legal action against [Mobilicity] to March 31.

Financial Post
    , Feb 27

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Where does one obtain these infinite Money Printers?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Much more info in link then just Mobilicity related.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    1xRTT certainly is 3G
    Older IS95 technology was 2G
    What G spot is evdo ? Revisionists take your positions.

CDMA (code division multiple access): This technique spreads a signal over a frequency band that is larger than the signal to enable the use of a common band by many users and to achieve signal security and privacy. See also IS-95 and CDMA2000.

IS-95 (Interim Standard 95): A version of CDMA specified by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) that is used by TELUS and other networks around the world. IS-95 is often referred to as cdmaOne. See also CDMA.

CDMA2000: A third generation wireless standard adopted by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) that prescribes an evolutionary path to 3G for IS-95 based systems. The first step in the CDMA2000 evolution after IS-95 is called 1X. See also IS-95 and CDMA

EVDO (evolution data optimize): Part of the CDMA2000 family of standards, it is wireless radio broadband protocol that delivers download data rates of up to 2.4 Mbps. It is suitable for high bandwidth download applications such as enterprise VPN computing, MP3 transfers and video streaming. EVDO is often abbreviated as EV-DO or 1XEvDO and is commonly referred to as DO.
    http://about.telus.com/investors/ann...ossaryBot.html

Feedback Score
    Where does one obtain these infinite Money Printers?
    My stupid guess it is the one (or bunch) that get the most benefit if this stalemate is dragged on. Mind you it is a 20 billion a year industry. How much does it take to keep it afloat?
    The saga started last May.
    The next big move of VT in deployment in Ontario is crucial too.

Daniel

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What G spot is evdo ? Revisionists take your positions.

http://about.telus.com/investors/ann...ossaryBot.html

CDMA2000: A third generation wireless standard adopted by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) that prescribes an evolutionary path to 3G for IS-95 based systems. The first step in the CDMA2000 evolution after IS-95 is called 1X. See also IS-95 and CDMA
    Uh huh
    & right from what you quoted CDMA2000 (called 1X) is a third generation (3G) standard

Bell for years promoted 1X & EVDO as 3G networks (until finally launched HSPA & then forgot about them)

ITU said anything over 150kb (if memory serves) is considered 3G
    That's also why they started labelling newer networks as 3.5G to differentiate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    My stupid guess it is the one (or bunch) that get the most benefit if this stalemate is dragged on.
    Daniel
    This is a court-supervised process, no need to make any stupid guesses. Mobilicity had $30M of Debtor In Possession financing established when they formally filed for protection under CCAA. That money comes from the existing (as of Sep 30 '13) "note holders", which has not yet been touched. This is existing creditors extending the process with the hope that they can get more out of Mobi in the future rather than liquidating now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robsaw View Post
    This is a court-supervised process, no need to make any stupid guesses. Mobilicity had $30M of Debtor In Possession financing established when they formally filed for protection under CCAA. That money comes from the existing (as of Sep 30 '13) "note holders", which has not yet been touched. This is existing creditors extending the process with the hope that they can get more out of Mobi in the future rather than liquidating now.
    Oh it is the existing creditors extending credit I forgot. It started even way before May last year when Mobi first filed paper to court.

Daniel

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast