Cheapest I have found:
    http://www.travelsimsdirect.com

Device(s)
    Nexus 6, Moto X (2013), iPhone 5, 4, 3GS, 3, 1
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djenka2 View Post
    This is monthly plan. Is there ANY (ATT based or ATT compatible) plan for data/talk/text as pay as you go instead of being obligated to monthly refill?
    There's H2O Wireless which is really cheap at 5 cents per minute and 90 day expiration for $10. I'd never use data with PayGo as that would be very expensive for extended use.

There's also Piranha Mobile based in the UK. Their market is catered to international travelers. Activation gets you both UK and US numbers on a single SIM. The SIM works pretty much any country that uses GSM. In the US the SIM by default use T-Mobile but can be configured to use AT&T at a higher rate. The best part of this service is you don't have to reload money to keep unused credits and the phone numbers. You just have to make a call or send a text once a year. Because of the flexibility this service offers, it does cost more than US only PayGo.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

US pre-paid SIM card with option for Data/Talk/Text

Quote Originally Posted by djenka2 View Post
    This is monthly plan. Is there ANY (ATT based or ATT compatible) plan for data/talk/text as pay as you go instead of being obligated to monthly refill?
    Here's how one can handle this with gophone without having to pay each month.

Get the SIM from an AT&T store, put in $100, sign up for the $55 or 60 mo plan, now it won't expire for a year.

Once your month of service is up, your SIM will go dormant because there isn't enough money in the account to pay for your next month. Next time you need it, put in enough money to bring the balance over your monthly fee, and service will restart.

Just be sure to make a $100 payment every year, and you can keep it going indefinitely. With calllingmart the $100 refill will cost somewhat less than $100.

This can be good model for someone who makes a few long trips to the U.S. each year. Not so good for more frequent day trips.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Here's how one can handle this with gophone.

Buy the SIM, put in $100, sign up for the $55 or 60 mo plan, now it won't expire for a year.

Once your month of service is up, your SIM will go dormant because there isn't enough money in the account to pay for your next month. Next time you need it, put in enough money to bring the balance over your monthly fee, and service will restart.

Just be sure to make a $100 payment every year, and you can keep it going indefinitely.

This can be good model for someone who makes a few long trips to the U.S. each year. Not so good for more frequent day trips.
    After the plan expires it DOES NOT go to the PAYGO rates?
    It just stops working?

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    After the plan expires it DOES NOT go to the PAYGO rates?
    It just stops working?
    It doesn't seem to. I have left my gophone SIM dormant for several months at a time. Admittedly I haven't tried to use it when dormant, but when I bring the balance up, the plan restarts.

Feedback Score
    Here's how one can handle this with gophone without having to pay each month.

Get the SIM from an AT&T store, put in $100, sign up for the $55 or 60 mo plan, now it won't expire for a year.

Once your month of service is up, your SIM will go dormant because there isn't enough money in the account to pay for your next month.
    I think it used to work like that when Legacy Pay As You Go was around. The account didn't go dormant, it just changed to Legacy Pay As You Go when there wasn't a balance to renew it on the monthly plan and yes, it would stay active for a year.

However, now without Legacy Pay As You Go, according to the terms in the fine print, it converts to the $3 PAYG:

"If you have a balance, your plan will convert to Pay As You Go for 30 day increments with $3/mo. for 30 voice min./SMS messages"

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

So if you haven't tried this lately since the $3 plan has been introduced, you may find it will charge you $3 per month now.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles From bottom of page referred to above.

From bottom of page referred to above.
    Pay-In-Advance Monthly Plans: Features available until 30th day; if sufficient balance, services automatically renew at expiration. If balance is insufficient to renew for 120 days, account will be suspended for 30 days. If you have a balance, your plan will convert to Pay As You Go for 30 day increments with $3/mo. for 30 voice min./SMS messages. After your balance is depleted, then account is suspended.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

From bottom of page referred to above.
    Interesting. I last restarted a couple of months ago and wasn't seeing the $3/mo charge.

Still, $3/mo to keep the SIM from expiring seems fine.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. I last restarted a couple of months ago and wasn't seeing the $3/mo charge.
    Still, $3/mo to keep the SIM from expiring seems fine.

Can you go online and see what plan it says you are on?

Feedback Score
    Maybe #225# would bring up the plan.
    When I do that it says Legacy plan and my balance or amount of minutes left.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    The SIM is currently active, so this won't give us the information we are looking for.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried #225#
    That brings up your balance and plan.

The SIM is currently active, so this won't give us the information we are looking for.
    Sent From My Wonderful Nokia Lumia 635
    Last edited by SnowyWhite; 01-03-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3