Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Aio Lower Priority

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    535
    Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Aio Lower Priority

    I was just wondering if Aio has lower priority on AT&T? I know when I was on T-Mobile Prepaid it was a huge difference between Postpaid! Have you experience a difference?


    Sent with the HoFo App
    TheTechKing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,271
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes there is...Aio runs it's data through its own server and pings are higher. As of last month short codes still didn't work

    Sent with the HoFo App

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,041
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    I was just wondering if Aio has lower priority on AT&T? I know when I was on T-Mobile Prepaid it was a huge difference between Postpaid! Have you experience a difference?


    Sent with the HoFo App
    Data is routed through a proxy server. The pings vary from 100ms to 200 or so miliseconds. I stream music all the time without issue in the car. I've watched Netflix without issue as well.

    Browsing webpages may load 2 or 3 seconds slower than say on AT&T postpaid or GoPhone. Not much of an issue really.


    Sent with the HoFo App

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,041
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by snarf7 View Post
    Yes there is...Aio runs it's data through its own server and pings are higher. As of last month short codes still didn't work

    Sent with the HoFo App
    Short codes have been working fine for me for a while. I get short code messages from Bank of America, Google (Gmail, etc) as well as Facebook.

    http://www.aiowireless.com/support/P...tml#shortcodes


    Sent with the HoFo App

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,293
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And data speeds are capped. 4mbps for 4G and 8mbps for LTE.
    http://www.aiowireless.com/legal-info/Data-Speeds.html
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,271
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eakenn View Post
    Short codes have been working fine for me for a while. I get short code messages from Bank of America, Google (Gmail, etc) as well as Facebook.

    http://www.aiowireless.com/support/P...tml#shortcodes


    Sent with the HoFo App
    That's why I said as of last month lol

    Sent with the HoFo App

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    The proxy can be a little annoying sometimes, but I honestly do not see the advantage to att.. Perhaps they want to make the distinction between their core brand and aio? Or to ensure their postpaid and gophone get top priority?

    CM 11 HTC One X on aio Wireless

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    681
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by x5i5mjx8q View Post
    The proxy can be a little annoying sometimes, but I honestly do not see the advantage to att.. Perhaps they want to make the distinction between their core brand and aio? Or to ensure their postpaid and gophone get top priority?

    CM 11 HTC One X on aio Wireless
    The advantage is simply lowering network burden. Sprint actually does this with Unlimited, My Way (which is that streaming video will habe the speed throttled down) plans.

    The next step in cell phones is making people pay for speeds, now just data.

    Posted From My Sprint Tablet

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 06:51 PM
  2. Do GoPhone and AIO get lower priority data than post paid?
    By phosita in forum AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone)
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 05:05 PM
  3. aio how to lower the quality on youtub app
    By stangjames in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 02:01 PM
  4. Does TMobile To-Go have lower priority?
    By jmdomini in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
  5. Do Telus users have lower priority on Bell networks??
    By halfempty in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 05:45 PM

Bookmarks