Phone
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question [2014-02-12] PHOTOS: Next iPhone?

Folks,

A Twitter account suddenly appears with a bunch of intriguing photos... (Click on the image for the larger size)

What do you think about these photos? Looks legit, eh? I think if it turns out to be the next iPhone, Samsung and Apple are copying each other However, some have already called the front assembly a fake with further analysis.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 02-13-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The next iPhone 6 supposed to have a 5 inches display and gorilla glass on. Rumors said it's so strong and tough you wouldn't need a case for it. But we will see when it comes out later this year.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HC - NO "i" View Post
    Folks,

A Twitter account suddenly appears with a bunch of intriguing photos... (Click on the image for the larger size)

What do you think about these photos? Looks legit, eh? I think if it turns out to be the next iPhone, Samsung and Apple are copying each other However, some have already called the front assembly a fake with further analysis.
    This clearly looks like someone photoshopped a iPhone home button on to a Samsung phone. Also, what's with all the fake blurriness?

Sent with the HoFo App
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Over at macrumors, they have been discussing all the fakery that seems to be present in the photos.

Update: A few readers have pointed out why they believe these images to be fake:repeating textures, wrong font, copied texture.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Phone
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'll just say that people thought the iPhone 4 images were fake (Apple wouldn't show the screws, etc.). Also, have any leaked images that were widely reported on sites like The Verge ever not true? I seem to remember every image we have seen that actually got traction ended up being legitimate.

Phone
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey (SIM Free)
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I agree on the fuzziness. Why are "leaked" photos almost always blurry? Even third-rate spies always manage to take clear photos of whatever they are photographing yet those sneaking secret iPhone pictures cannot seem to manage the use of auto-focus.

FAIL!
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n2jtx View Post
    I agree on the fuzziness. Why are "leaked" photos almost always blurry? Even third-rate spies always manage to take clear photos of whatever they are photographing yet those sneaking secret iPhone pictures cannot seem to manage the use of auto-focus.

FAIL!
    Looks like it goes beyond fuzziness. The person that did the photoshopping did things like copying the exact smudged fingerprints on both the front and the back of the phone and reused smudge patterns from a previous mockup.

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner View Post
    I'll just say that people thought the iPhone 4 images were fake (Apple wouldn't show the screws, etc.). Also, have any leaked images that were widely reported on sites like The Verge ever not true? I seem to remember every image we have seen that actually got traction ended up being legitimate.
    There are always lots of fakes that get attention.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Time to close down this turkey of a thread. Clearly unsubstantiated and bears no credibility.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....