Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best "oldie" for the money?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joncthomas View Post
    I will go back to PagePlus this month with a slow incredible 2, once you get used android OS the apple suckware is infuriating.
    FYI the DROID X2 is about 60-100% faster than the Inc 2 benchmark wise due to it's dual-core processor.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpeas View Post
    Seems like the droid models have very specs to my Triumph.
    The Triumph has the same single-core CPU as the Droid Incredible 2, so performance wise they should be similar. Both the Droid 3 and X2 have dual-core processors so you should see a bit of a speed bump if you run a lot of apps.

Quote Originally Posted by chasham View Post
    most popular product in its class
    Popular doesn't always imply quality, else McDonald's would be a 5-star restaurant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsignup View Post
    FYI the DROID X2 is about 60-100% faster than the Inc 2 benchmark wise due to it's dual-core processor.
    But the Incredible 2 works MUCH faster than the Droid X2, due primarily to having more RAM, and in software interface differences. If you've used both with a lot of apps, you'd know the X2 is a much slower phone than the Incredible 2, despite what it looks like on paper.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The Inc 2 definitely has a snappier interface, but when you start running intensive apps there's a slowdown on the Inc 2 which I don't notice on the X2, at least that's what I observed. But you are right in everyday use, the X2 is not as snappy. Not sure if HTC did a good job optimizing their UI or Motorola did poorly. I wouldn't say the X2 is much slower overall though, all the benchmarks I've ran clearly show it's faster across the board.

They are both good phones though. I like the Inc 2 for the 'look and feel' and the X2 for the heavier duty stuff (apps, browsing due to bigger screen).

Feedback Score

q1

Quote Originally Posted by zzsignup View Post
    The Inc 2 definitely has a snappier interface, but when you start running intensive apps there's a slowdown on the Inc 2 which I don't notice on the X2, at least that's what I observed. But you are right in everyday use, the X2 is not as snappy. Not sure if HTC did a good job optimizing their UI or Motorola did poorly. I wouldn't say the X2 is much slower overall though, all the benchmarks I've ran clearly show it's faster across the board.

They are both good phones though. I like the Inc 2 for the 'look and feel' and the X2 for the heavier duty stuff (apps, browsing due to bigger screen).
    Thanks for the info, I had a original Droid X but the screen developed a tumor on the screen. I have a Incredible 2 I can use but would love a Moto G once it becomes available.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joncthomas View Post
    Thanks for the info, I had a original Droid X but the screen developed a tumor on the screen. I have a Incredible 2 I can use but would love a Moto G once it becomes available.
    You can use a moto g after a flash.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    If your phones are slow install cyangenmod 4.4 KitKat will speed your phones up (: most phones have Roms for it.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Whats the newest version of android that'll run on the Incredible 2? Does it retain "sense" ? Great information, I picked up an Incredible 2 yesterday, will give it a try, if it doesn't suit my needs.... will look at a droid 3.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Whats the newest version of android that'll run on the Incredible 2? Does it retain "sense" ? Great information, I picked up an Incredible 2 yesterday, will give it a try, if it doesn't suit my needs.... will look at a droid 3.
    No it wouldn't be sense. cyanogenmod is like stock android not many frills but runs fast with no bloat. If you need a more feature filled ROM miui is nice, my personal favorite. I saw a build for your phone. I didnt see a KitKat cygenomod though. Some phones don't have much development. There's also optizmed sense based Roms that should run faster too you can find all the information you need on xda developers.

The Samsung fascinate does have a KitKat build. Its runs very fast with this and is overall a nice phone. Runs about $50. Or maybe get a moto g and have it flashed.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    ....If you need a more feature filled ROM miui is nice, my personal favorite. I saw a build for your phone....
    Which Rom did you see? I have miui for my Triumph; but it can be a little buggy. (android 2.3.7 - miui vers. 2.4.20) The new incr 2 comes later this week.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Which Rom did you see? I have miui for my Triumph; but it can be a little buggy. (android 2.3.7 - miui vers. 2.4.20) The new incr 2 comes later this week.
    Version 5 and its either 4.1 or 4.2 jellybean. I have a xiaomi phone the same people who make miui and I really like it.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got a Incredible 2 for $60, and I think it's gonna work great. Will have to boot up my old PC to obtain root though (Mac user)
    I found this instructional...

Can anyone suggest any others? I can probably handle this one; it is a little more than I've done before.

Thanks again for the great advise!

Feedback Score
    I got a Incredible 2 for $60, and I think it's gonna work great. Will have to boot up my old PC to obtain root though (Mac user)
    I found this instructional...

Can anyone suggest any others? I can probably handle this one; it is a little more than I've done before.

Thanks again for the great advise!
    I still love my Incredible 2.

I used the guide by scotty85 at http://androidforums.com/incredible-...-605-05-a.html to get S-Off on my Inc 2 so I could install Cyanogenmod. I never actually rooted the stock ROM. I simply backed up the stock ROM and then flashed Cyanogenmod.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    If your phones are slow install cyangenmod 4.4 KitKat will speed your phones up (: most phones have Roms for it.

You're not going to want to put 4.4 on these older phones that he's looking at....

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by szembek View Post
    You're not going to want to put 4.4 on these older phones that he's looking at....
    KitKat is optimized for low end devices with at least 512mb of ram.. It doesn't need to be a new highebd phone to run kitkat. Even 4.3 ran fine and fast on my old fascinate. (:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast