Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: New AIO Rate Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

New AIO Rate Plans

Looks like AIO changed rate plans this morning, I already switched to the $50 plan which is $5 less than what I had been paying and I get 500 MB of extra data on this new plan as well! Also on these new plans they now are offering a $5 discount if you auto pay, below are the details of the new rate plans.

Basic: $40 a month for Unlimited Talk/TXT/MMS and 500 MB of data
    Smart: $50 a month for Unlimited Talk/TXT/MMS and 2.5 GB of data
    Pro: $60 a month for Unlimited Talk/TXT/MMS and 5 GB of data

$35, $45, and $55 respectively when enrolled in auto pay.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow was considering net 10 but now I'm moving to AIO!

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    aio Wireless
    Feedback Score
    These are great, actually.

If you're already on the $70 Pro Plan, down downgrade, less you lose your grandfathered 7GB of high-speed data.
    I tried to ask my manager if the Auto-Pay discount can be applied to current customers, and she didn't know. I guess I'll find out later today.

Also, I would like to add that existing customers can now switch to the $40 plan, even if they have purchased an Aio branded phone!

It used to be that you could only activate on the $40 plan if you did a BYOD, or Bring Your Own Device. I know a lot of people that will be ecstatic to hear this.
    Disclaimer: I work for an authorized aio Wireless dealer. I do not work for corporate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeTOKYO View Post

If you're already on the $70 Pro Plan, down downgrade, less you lose your grandfathered 7GB of high-speed data.
    I tried to ask my manager if the Auto-Pay discount can be applied to current customers, and she didn't know. I guess I'll find out later today.

Also, I would like to add that existing customers can now switch to the $40 plan, even if they have purchased an Aio branded phone!

It used to be that you could only activate on the $40 plan if you did a BYOD, or Bring Your Own Device. I know a lot of people that will be ecstatic to hear this.
    R they going to change their policy of only allowing unlocked iphones soon?

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I'm pretty sure in the auto pay discount details online it said in order to get the $5 discount you had to switch to one of the new rate plans. Unless you have the $70 for 7 GB plan though I don't see why you wouldn't switch lower rates, more data, and an auto pay discount option. I don't think too many AIO customers though were on the $70 plan that's likely why they cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm hoping Gophone will lower rates as well.. Are sims free for AIO? Or still $10? Anyway I can get one for free if I use a specific store/dealer

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Now it's $60 for 5gb. Not as good as $70 for 7gb if you are a heavy data user.

Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Their page also says "up to 4G LTE speeds with compatible device." That's new, isn't it?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMonkeyMan View Post
    Looks like AIO changed rate plans this morning, I already switched to the $50 plan which is $5 less than what I had been paying and I get 500 MB of extra data on this new plan as well! Also on these new plans they now are offering a $5 discount if you auto pay, below are the details of the new rate plans.

Basic: $40 a month for Unlimited Talk/TXT/MMS and 500 MB of data
    Smart: $50 a month for Unlimited Talk/TXT/MMS and 2.5 GB of data
    Pro: $60 a month for Unlimited Talk/TXT/MMS and 5 GB of data

$35, $45, and $55 respectively when enrolled in auto pay.
    I currently have my account suspended ( been abroad since Xmas) when I get back next week I'll change from the $40 plan to the $45 2.5gb with auto pay.

Carrier(s)
    aio Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Aokusman, just keep in mind, you'll have to pay $50 initially, (and more than likely the $5 or $15 reconnect fee since your account is in suspended status, I would call CS and double check with them,) but from there on out it'll be $45.

And you guys know about the Refer-A-Friend program, right? I know everyone's wanting to save money on their service, but you and your friends get $25 in service credit for each person you refer to Aio and have them stay for 60 days on the service.

I know, I know. I probably shouldn't be pitching something like that since I work for them, but seeing as I can't benefit from the program since employee lines are disqualified, I figured I could help other people out and get them to earn money. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    R they going to change their policy of only allowing unlocked iphones soon?

Sent with the HoFo App
    I've heard rumors that they're trying to get this worked on to allow AT&T branded iPhones that haven't been unlocked, but I have no solid information in regards to this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMonkeyMan View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the auto pay discount details online it said in order to get the $5 discount you had to switch to one of the new rate plans. Unless you have the $70 for 7 GB plan though I don't see why you wouldn't switch lower rates, more data, and an auto pay discount option. I don't think too many AIO customers though were on the $70 plan that's likely why they cut it.

I know my roommate is on the $70 plan since he uses a lot of data, but he said he'll check his data usage this month and probably downgrade to the $60 plan if he hasn't consistently used more than 5GB per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    I'm hoping Gophone will lower rates as well.. Are sims free for AIO? Or still $10? Anyway I can get one for free if I use a specific store/dealer

Sent with the HoFo App
    They're still $9.99 plus tax for new acts. Getting extra SIMs after that for free depends on the individual store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So why can the other MVNO's use at& locked iphones ?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    aio Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It has something to do with activation proxies or network configurations or something. I honestly don't know all of the logistics behind it. Somehow, other MVNOs still trick the phone into thinking it's on AT&T, but AIO is considered "it's own network," is one explanation a friend gave me. :S

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It has something to do with activation proxies or network configurations or something. I honestly don't know all of the logistics behind it. Somehow, other MVNOs still trick the phone into thinking it's on AT&T, but AIO is considered "it's own network," is one explanation a friend gave me. :S
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._United_States

It has to do with the MCC-MNC not matching. The iPhone is looking for MNC 410 but Aio's SIM is MNC 150 (former BellSouth DCS' MNC being reused by Aio).

It appears to be an issue with Apple's MNC database for AT&T. MNC 150 was defunct up until AT&T reassigned it to Aio.

The MVNOs use MNC 410 on their SIMs (AT&T's MNC), hence why their SIMs are accepted without issue on AT&T SIM locked iPhones.

Once Apple's provisioning server recognizes MNC 150 as valid for Aio/AT&T, then Aio's SIM will work without issue or have the iPhone unlocked.

I think it would be up to Aio/AT&T to submit a request to Apple to update their prov DB to recognize the now used MNC.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are taxes all-inclusive in the monthly cost?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Feedback Score
    Still not switching but that is not a bad deal. Good job AIO.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast