Thread: Bell really screwed me over

Feedback Score

Bell really screwed me over

One day I realize my wife and I cannot afford to pay our early termination fee on two lines. So the bell rep suggested we find a person to transfer over responsibility. A month goes by and we find a seemingly nice lady. We start talking and she is just interested in the lines not the devices (she's 200kms away) and has her own devices. So we go through the process over the phone with bell reps and everything goes according to plan. The bell rep explains the procedure and the fees ONLY. He never explains that I have to go through a process to keep my phone. But I explicitly stated to the rep that I was intending on keeping my phone. He said it was fine no further action was needed. The process is completed she takes my contracts over.

Then 3 months later my wife's phone says MM#6 which means it's blacklisted. I say how can that be ? We call bell speak to several reps and its divided in the awnsers I receive. I was told that the lady has an unpaid bill of 1800$. Half say this is unjust and should be corrected and the other half say well its the risk you took in doing it this way so too bad. So I escalate it to the fraud department as instructed and get the WORST customer service ever so we further escalated this to a superior who gives us the same attitude(forgot to mention my fiancee and myself were also yelled and spoken over to by the previous bell reps as well). The fraud department tells me it's illegal to transfer responsibility to a stranger and its illegal to keep the phone. I asked if they could point in the contract where it says that. They said its a fact and keeping the phone is also wrong because what he said exactly was "who the hell buys a contract but no phone ?" . he proceeds to tell me if I continue with this process he will make it his goal to see to it that I don't get it reactivated ever unless A: I pay the woman's bill (lol yeah right) or B:she starts paying her bill(which will never happen). He proceeds to yell and raise his voice to my wife all the while mocking her which I find completely disgusting coming from people we pay for services(not to mention a manager) He hangs up on my wife. (Before he hangs up we ask for his superior and he states he doesn't have one to complain to and laughs)

We call back to regular customer relations and once again a regular rep says its fine we can fix it. So he gets his supervisor and now she proceeds to explain to me that I should of told the bell rep originally when I TR over that I was keeping my phone. And that now its been three months the ladies account has been sent to fraud and any IMEI attached was suspended until payment is made. She also stated the original bell rep should of told me clearly of what would happen or what I should do to prevent this from happening originally which was never explained to me at all.

Basically I was told by supervisors that I shouldn't have risked it and that its my fault and just buy a new phone (which was actually said) . I contacted the CRTC and emailed the highest part of bell I could find. And now am just waiting for a response.

I am extremely unsatisfied with the customer service that I received seeing as how all my services are linked to them and I pay my bills on time and have been a long time consumer. I would not recommend any of bells services to any family member, friend or coworker. I would even go as far as transferring all my services to another provider. I know it wouldn't hurt them but there's a reason quite a few people rate Bells service extremely poor.

Sorry for the long rant but this whole situation is very frustrating since we were getting blamed the whole time, getting yelled at, spoken over, mocked, and insulted.

Very angry consumer

/end rant.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Check this other thread where another user contacted Bell and CRTC to remove his phone's IMEI from the blacklist:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...nal-blacklist/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The ****ing imei list have made anothers victims... Good luck

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thund3rbay View Post
    The ****ing imei list have made anothers victims... Good luck

Sent with the HoFo App
    In my opinion the IMEI Blacklist database is going to benefit way more people/business then the few it will hurt. I like the fact that Bell makes it difficult to take an IMEI off it and I hope it really reduces cellular fraud/theft. That being said they need to also have a department that uses common sense and in these situations they really need to look and see the that the OP is not committing fraud.

I believe this system was implemented around late September so the rep you spoke to may not have known that keeping an IMEI on your file may lead to this.

Good Luck
    Go Go

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Terrible customer service. I agree.

But they were within their rights to blacklist your phone. You got it discounted because you signed the contract. The term on the contract was not up, so you transferred the line but kept your phone (which was not fully "paid for" yet).
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Feedback Score
    I contacted the CCTS by phone and they are mailing me the form to fill. They said this shouldn't have happened. And if we can't reach an agreement with bell then the ccts has to step in and mediate . they also said 9/10 the customer is satisfied.

So we will wait to see.

Also CCTS said it doesn't sound right what bell is doing here and sounds strange.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Prevention team are the biggest ***** at Bell
    It amazes me just how rude they are to customers

Yes I understand they deal with **** every day, but the attitude is still unbelievable
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When one does a TOR, does the new account holder get the previous device history for the line? If so, that effectively means that if I were to do a TOR using Craigslist or RFD to find someone to take over my line, that new person could see my device history. That would not be good.

Also how can Bell block a telephone simply due to unpaid bills? I thought they could only blacklist a telephone if it was stolen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    When one does a TOR, does the new account holder get the previous device history for the line? If so, that effectively means that if I were to do a TOR using Craigslist or RFD to find someone to take over my line, that new person could see my device history. That would not be good.

Also how can Bell block a telephone simply due to unpaid bills? I thought they could only blacklist a telephone if it was stolen.
    This is standard practice in the CDMA world, maybe they just want to align all their policies to keep everything consistent.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The TOR transfers the IMEI history
    The proper procedure is to UPDATE IMEI after TOR but 99% never does it

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    The TOR transfers the IMEI history
    The proper procedure is to UPDATE IMEI after TOR but 99% never does it
    Yikes. This alone is enough to dissuade me from doing a TOR.

How about my question RE telephone blocking - can carriers really blacklist random phones because the new owner/user of a line is behind on their payments?

Feedback Score

How about my question RE telephone blocking - can carriers really blacklist random phones because the new owner/user of a line is behind on their payments?
    This has been common practice on CDMA since the beginning, so I don't see how it's any different with HSPA networks aside from the fact that most carriers don't generally do this unless the delinquency is the result of fraud.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

No they can not randomly block phones despite that they actually do so
    The national blacklist is for STOLEN devices

Failure to pay a bill certainly allows them to send you to a collection agency, but claiming the phone is "stolen" is wrong (and is itself a crime under Canadian criminal code)

Just complain to CCTS and phone will be unblacklisted

Device(s)
    Huawei Ascend Mate 7
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP what was the outcome?

Feedback Score
    Bell says since the lady was fraudulent they have every right to block the phone in Canada. Just waiting for the ccts to reply but their customer service is down until Tuesday

Sent from my Nexus 5 using HoFo mobile app