Thread: Decent CDMA Feature Phone for Net10 or other Verizon MVNO?

Feedback Score

Decent CDMA Feature Phone for Net10 or other Verizon MVNO?

A family member needs to replace an LG900G currently activated on Net10. It constantly drops calls, whether because of age or because Verizon has the best coverage in this area, I don't know. Other than that small detail , the phone and the current $25 a month Net10 prepaid plan exactly suit their needs.

For that reason, I'm trying to find this relative another phone that we can activate on Net10. When I input the zip code on the Net10 website, the list of available non-smartphones is truly pitiful - especially when I filter out the GSM phones. Basically, I'd be limited to an old flip phone or the Samsung that is notorious for dialing unwanted 911 calls.

Are these phones listed for the specific zip code the only CDMA phones that can be used on Net10 in that zip code area? Or can I buy something a little better on eBay and then activate on Net10? If this is the full list of phones, is there another carrier where I could do better? Problem is, I haven't found the perfect combo of price plus minutes to replace the Net10 plan ($25/mo for 1000 minutes). Every other plan with enough minutes is $4-5 dollars a month. That seems small, but for this person, it's hard to justify. They only use about 600 minutes of talk, rarely text and don't use data. I think they would keep the old phone and deal with the dropped calls rather than spend extra.

Advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Try searching 30673 it is a Verizon only zip code. Sometimes it helps. Walmart sometimes has a better selection online. Dollar General and Family Dollar stores by us sell net10 and sometimes have phones I don't see online anymore. Goodluck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newnom View Post
    A family member needs to replace an LG900G currently activated on Net10. It constantly drops calls, whether because of age or because Verizon has the best coverage in this area, I don't know. Other than that small detail , the phone and the current $25 a month Net10 prepaid plan exactly suit their needs.

For that reason, I'm trying to find this relative another phone that we can activate on Net10. When I input the zip code on the Net10 website, the list of available non-smartphones is truly pitiful - especially when I filter out the GSM phones. Basically, I'd be limited to an old flip phone or the Samsung that is notorious for dialing unwanted 911 calls.

Are these phones listed for the specific zip code the only CDMA phones that can be used on Net10 in that zip code area? Or can I buy something a little better on eBay and then activate on Net10? If this is the full list of phones, is there another carrier where I could do better? Problem is, I haven't found the perfect combo of price plus minutes to replace the Net10 plan ($25/mo for 1000 minutes). Every other plan with enough minutes is $4-5 dollars a month. That seems small, but for this person, it's hard to justify. They only use about 600 minutes of talk, rarely text and don't use data. I think they would keep the old phone and deal with the dropped calls rather than spend extra.

Advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
    you can bring your own verizon phone to net10 but it must be 3G or older and non LTE and not a verizon prepaid phone.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you can bring your own verizon phone to net10 but it must be 3G or older and non LTE and not a verizon prepaid phone.
    You can't bring your own Verizon phone to the $25 NET10 plan that the OP uses. Only NET10 non-smartphones are allowed on that plan.

For a better selection of NET10 CDMA non-smartphones phones check Amazon, Walmart.com and ShopCellDeals' eBay store.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I've searched eBay exhaustively and really can't seem to find a CDMA feature phone for Net10 that I can feel really good about, based on features and customer reviews. For the price of one of these phones I could get a decent used Android smartphone on eBay. It's pretty hard to justify. But anyway, to clarify: Any Net10 phone can be activated in my zip code? So, for example, if their website doesn't offer the Samsung R455C in my zip code but I find one for sale online, I can buy it knowing I can get it activated on Net10?

I am now thinking about suggesting an LG Octane on the Page Plus 1200 plan, even though it's a few dollars more than my family member is spending. It would be an upgrade at least.