Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Bringing back unlimited data fight

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    the current system is the best att has come out with.it is fair to all.you need 100gb or just 10gb of cellular data.you gonna pay for it.the way it should be.
    So you're against unlimited texting and phone calls, correct?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner View Post
    nope not at all.you dont see many talking on there phones anymore.it all web surfing,facebooking,tweeting,pandoring,beating and gps ing.

considering how long it took for ul talk to come about.ul data over cellular is a long way off.

here a fact.the has been a 50% drop in land line.the ul talk is 90% mobile to mobile so for some time most carriers had this included into there basic plans.that was a no brainer for the carriers.

Feedback Score
    Tmobile gets results

http://bgr.com/2014/02/12/verizon-data-caps-increase/

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I'm fine with tiered data, but the price per GB is insane. Watching one Netflix video can easily burn through a huge portion of your monthly data.
    10GB tier for $30 and 4gb for $10....that would be great

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm fine with tiered data, but the price per GB is insane. Watching one Netflix video can easily burn through a huge portion of your monthly data.
    yea if you wanna play you gotta pay.

you know we are talking wirless data with a moving handset.

Feedback Score
    yea if you wanna play you gotta pay.

you know we are talking wirless data with a moving handset.
    I would never pay to play ;-P

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    nope not at all.you dont see many talking on there phones anymore.it all web surfing,facebooking,tweeting,pandoring,beating and gps ing.
    Unlimited texting happened right when texting was huge. It actually still is, but iMessage et al. are killing it.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoOnion View Post
    I would never pay to play ;-P
    you do.just dont know it yet

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited texting happened right when texting was huge. It actually still is, but iMessage et al. are killing it.
    basis sms was per pricing.then carries introduced it ad unlimited with a mandatory amout of min.

the thing to remember is talk and sms text are on one side of the phone.mms and data is on the other side.here recently with the gsm carriers the talk and text side is over abundant in space.more and more are using an app to do basic sms on the data side of the phone.some are using a service like vonage.wich is basicly an voice over ip.same as the upcomming VoLTE.same tech.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Now, I'm trying not to misread your posts. I'm not supposing that at all. I am suggesting that vzw has a great deal to gain and, really, not all that much to lose by simply not utilizing the full capacity of that gig fiber.

If I read your posts aright, you are supposing that, in general, it's safe to say that congestion = air interface saturation. I'm just saying, 'not necessarily' to that .
    You're putting this crazy conspiracy theory out there that makes no sense. Verizon is not going to purposefully cripple their own network.

Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    We could have unlimited with network optimization or throttles. That's not what AT&T and Verizon wanted. They wanted to boost EBITDA, profit margins, and dividends. Data monetization was the best path for that. Sponsored data is next. AT&T and Verizon know there's going to be push back to raising rates too much, so they want to charge content providers to obtain profit instead.
    Quite true. Offering their current plans as Unlimited* would get them basically the same network management capability that they have now. They are doing it for monetization. The best would be if you could choose what happens when you hit the limit, and if you choose to be throttled, automatically get a text asking if you want to buy another gig for $X.

*you are throttled to 128kbps after you use your full-speed data allotment.

That's the point. Mobile data networks, as fast as they are, don't have the capacity for streaming long-from HD video. Even short form stuff is taxing on them. They are very fast, but don't have the capacity of wireline networks.

Talking 24/7 on the phone all month is about 3GB. So in terms of data, it's just not a big deal. Even a 10k/mo texter, which is an extreme user, uses about 200KB/mo. Nothing.

In other countries, messaging apps are big, but not in the US. Now that SMS is included in most plans, SMS is pretty much entrenched, even if apps do a better job with it.

the thing to remember is talk and sms text are on one side of the phone.mms and data is on the other side.here recently with the gsm carriers the talk and text side is over abundant in space.more and more are using an app to do basic sms on the data side of the phone.some are using a service like vonage.wich is basicly an voice over ip.same as the upcomming VoLTE.same tech.
    Sort of. AT&T's converged IP network with HSPA+ and IP-RAN backhaul runs both over the same converged network, and newer systems for running SMSoLTE are totally data. VoLTE is also totally data.

Verizon is still running two totally separate networks.

Feedback Score
    you do.just dont know it yet
    IF you are talking about the wife.....

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoOnion View Post
    IF you are talking about the wife.....
    lord no........

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    what is the name you gonna give that wirless company you starting up.show att and verizon how it is done.
    John Legere already beat me to the punch, dammit.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    I still have endless, however I'd love to see them coordinate the free data exploring the world with $.20 phone calls deal that T-Mobile lately applied.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    QUOTE=GSMinCT;15350934
    You're putting this crazy conspiracy theory out there that makes no sense. Verizon is not going to purposefully cripple their own network.
    You want a "crazy conspiracy theory"? I'll give you one, absolutely true:

The United States of America, solely to advance certain economic vested interests, has sold out basic principles of the founding fathers and created a lie so monstrously evil that it has alienated large segments of the population, impoverished masses, fomented large-scale civil unrest, forced US into war, subverted both science and the legislative process, severely compromised our image worldwide and perdured for generations. And some of those reading this won't, even now, recognize it for what it is by that description.

But not to worry, the scarlet succubus is better to be trusted than the US government, as we all know.

EDIT — Just one point: conspiracies do exist, even on the grandest of scales. To say, "conspiracy" then, is -not- tantamount to "not so."

Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    QUOTE=GSMinCT;15350934
    … Mobile data networks, as fast as they are, don't have the capacity for streaming long from HD video. Even short form stuff is taxing on them. They are very fast, but don't have the capacity of wireline networks.
    So, the lady-in-red's redbox is about to shoot herself in the foot ?
    $8 a month will get you unlimited streaming of television shows and movies
    This is just more of vzw's stupidity, right? Like failing to properly plan for the LTE rollout. Yeah. Got it.

Verizon, NFL agree to stream CBS, Fox games on phones in 2014
    The other foot?

Oh, crap! I'm sorry. I forgot. :banghead:
    That's all just those crazy marketing dudes that just do their own thing and never listen to corporate at all. Sounds like a great department to work in — if you ask me (or not).

♪Where have all the lens caps gone? ♪
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 02-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast