Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Blasckberry for Wife

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    Isn't the Koodo plan better? "Koodo has a $52- -10% $47- plan with 1GB" So it would be double the Data your wife uses and cheaper.
    Also you never answered re the $50- Rogers plan, i do not see it. Can you provide a link?
    Thanks, ijcy. I missed that one earlier. Does Koodo offer service similar to Bell/Virgin or Rogers/Fido? I'm not familiar with the network they use.

The plans I'm looking at are BYOD. For Rogers it's $55 (75-20), and for Bell its $50 (70-20).

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cIpher7 View Post
    Thanks, ijcy. I missed that one earlier. Does Koodo offer service similar to Bell/Virgin or Rogers/Fido?
    Koodo is Telus
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Feedback Score
    Thanks, ijcy. I missed that one earlier. Does Koodo offer service similar to Bell/Virgin or Rogers/Fido? I'm not familiar with the network they use.

The plans I'm looking at are BYOD. For Rogers it's $55 (75-20), and for Bell its $50 (70-20).
    in case you didn't know there are only two National Networks in Canada. Rogers/FIDO & Shared Network of Bell/Telus which is used by Solo, Virgin, Koodo, Telus and Bell.

Feedback Score
    You must have missed my last sentence?

Basically, the exact same monthly cost, with Virgin edging Bell because they offer 2GB vs the 500MB from Bell.

My wife will never use more than 500MB as she'll be working from home and using WiFi 95% of the time so I would have preferred other options or a cheaper price instead of the 2GB. That said, all other thing being equal, I'd still choose the Virgin plan given the extra 1.5GB.

Thank you very much for the wireless blacklist info. I wasn't aware of the service and will definitely use before I pick up the phone.
    If she don't need 2GB of data why aren't you comparing it to the lower data plan like the $39 plan with 400mb of data. It'd make for a fairer comparison in price.

Feedback Score
    I was just on the Virgin site again and noticed they have a prepaid plan that looks interesting:

Prepaid 50
    $50/month - 250MB & Unlimited BBM/Facebook/Twitter, Unlimited Calling Canada, Unlimited CDN Text, Unlimited US & International Text , Call Display, Call Waiting, Voicemail 10, Call Forwarding, 3-Way Calling
    $7month - Visual Voicemail
    Total = $57 month

This is cheaper than the comparable monthly plans I saw from Virgin and Fido and offers Unlimited texting anywhere in the world. Unlimited BBM and Facebook is big as my wife spends the majority of her data usage time on these apps, which minimizes the fact they only offer 250Mb. Voicemail 10, Call Forwarding, 3-Way Calling are also better than the default plans offer.

Are there any downsides to the prepaid plans that I'm not seeing?
    There are no downsides to Prepaid, however I checked Virgin Mobiles Prepaid Plans and first of all all prepaid plans are local calling only and there is no $50 prepaid plan that includes what you are saying. I looked at the site several times and I do not see it anywhere

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score

In the GTA Bell/Virgin and telus/Koodo have a better network then Rogers/Fido.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    In the GTA Bell/Virgin and telus/Koodo have a better network then Rogers/Fido.
    I thought it was the opposite in Ontario. Then where does Rogers hold an advantage?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhacked View Post
    I thought it was the opposite in Ontario. Then where does Rogers hold an advantage?

Do not know, only know in the GTA as i am an on the road salesman and travel all over the GTA, i used Fido which is Rogers, and am now using Virgin which is Bellus and the difference is uncanny.

Feedback Score
    i like my Q10

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rogers was always #3 in GTA
    They simply became #1 in subscribers from Fido take over years ago

Rogers DOES have more LTE Max sites deployed however

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Rogers was always #3 in GTA
    They simply became #1 in subscribers from Fido take over years ago

Rogers DOES have more LTE Max sites deployed however
    So the Rogers network doesn't have an advantage anywhere?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So the Rogers network doesn't have an advantage anywhere?

In some areas they have coverage advantage (but mainly on Edge...)

Ok in Northern ON they kick Bell/Telus *** (but Bell is aggressively expanding so...)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    There are no downsides to Prepaid, however I checked Virgin Mobiles Prepaid Plans and first of all all prepaid plans are local calling only and there is no $50 prepaid plan that includes what you are saying. I looked at the site several times and I do not see it anywhere
    It's there under prepaid. You have to scroll to the right to see the $50 plan. Unfortunately, the Virgin site is one of the worst I've ever seen as it has numerous issues loading under IE and Chrome which sometimes prevents the scrolling from showing or the page from loading. Frankly, it's embarrassing how poorly designed their site is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    In some areas they have coverage advantage (but mainly on Edge...)

Ok in Northern ON they kick Bell/Telus *** (but Bell is aggressively expanding so...)
    Have you check the coverage recently... Many tower are in construction... Same coverage as tbaytel ( rogers partner ) is coming

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    It's there under prepaid. You have to scroll to the right to see the $50 plan. Unfortunately, the Virgin site is one of the worst I've ever seen as it has numerous issues loading under IE and Chrome which sometimes prevents the scrolling from showing or the page from loading. Frankly, it's embarrassing how poorly designed their site is.
    Yeah, and I just found out that you can click on the blue colored text for the fine print... Why is the fine print hidden like that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast