Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would like to see AIo speed test by OOKLA

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Would like to see AIo speed test by OOKLA

I would really like to see speed test on OOkla speed test it would help me make a decision on whether to try AIO wireless I presently have H2O wireless..Thank you...for all the Info.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I previously asked for something similar but no one was available to reply. Can we get some H+/LTE speedtest screenshots please.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by miltochezchelio View Post
    I previously asked for something similar but no one was available to reply. Can we get some H+/LTE speedtest screenshots please.

Sent with the HoFo App
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post15300534

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here ya go

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Here are some non-LTE speeds.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1390843196.831837.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  226.3 KB

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Awesome both LTE & HSPA look good thanks guys

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raphymartinez View Post
    Here ya go

Speed is fine, thought the pings would have been better being on LTE?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kozmo21 View Post
    Speed is fine, thought the pings would have been better being on LTE?
    Aio routes their data traffic through a proxy server, which causes pings to be higher regardless of the network technology (HSPA+, LTE, etc.) being used.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeLuckyCharms View Post
    Aio routes their data traffic through a proxy server, which causes pings to be higher regardless of the network technology (HSPA+, LTE, etc.) being used.
    I know that, but ~400ms ping would provide a horrible user experience no matter what the speed. Even ST wasn't anywhere near that bad for me with LTE. I'm on H2O right now and normally getting 65-120ms pings... Only once did it ever go to 200. Id' much rather have 6MB download with 60-80ms ping, than 25MB and 400ms ping!

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    looks the same as st/att.now if faster speeds are needed go with gophone.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've been using my phone with no issues at all at these speeds, iheart radio and Google Play Music streaming work great while I'm in the car just like att did. YouTube videos load just fine also. No delay no lag and no buffering stops.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    looks the same as st/att.now if faster speeds are needed go with gophone.
    n if that's not fast enough, for more entry fee, there's always postpaid. cooter55 don't need the speed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here's a non LTE test I just did at home

Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just relieved my AIO SIM today. Here is a speed test I just took from inside my room. Not bad and I'm getting full signal on AT&T LTE in my room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kozmo21 View Post
    I know that, but ~400ms ping would provide a horrible user experience no matter what the speed. Even ST wasn't anywhere near that bad for me with LTE. I'm on H2O right now and normally getting 65-120ms pings... Only once did it ever go to 200. Id' much rather have 6MB download with 60-80ms ping, than 25MB and 400ms ping!
    The higher ping times may or may not be an issue for some people depending on their needs. For most users, waiting a tad bit extra for a webpage to load or a feed to refresh is not going to hamper their experience. Now, if you are using video streaming perhaps you may experience a degradation in user experience, but in my experience, video clips seem to load fine. Granted my geographic proximity to the proxy server, which I believe I read is located in Florida, likely has an impact on my ping times. I consistently experience <200ms ping times with Aio over LTE with speeds hovering around 8Mbps down. In fact, my highest ping time was 180ms.

All in all, the value of Aio depends on how you use your mobile phone and what sacrifices you want to make. With Aio you sacrifice ping times and super fast download speeds, but you get customer support that you can actually communicate with without pulling hairs out, unlimited (throttled) data, and you get the reassurance that the features you expect to work just work with little to no configuration necessary. With Straight Talk, you get an exceptional value for the $45 plan; however, you sacrifice customer support and the reassurance that features will work consistently. With the new tfdata APN, I have read posts of how users cannot send MMS or use the internet at all. One would think that getting these issues resolved would be extremely easy by phoning support, but it is well known that Straight Talk's support is less than ideal for the average user. Now, it is important to consider that the users that post issues with Straight Talk likely do not represent the majority of Straight Talk's subscriber base. However, if you are one of the users experiencing issues you will likely regret choosing Straight Talk. I believe I have read on other forums H2O's support quality varies, and they lack LTE support.

In the end, it is up to the user to decide what provider is best for their needs. Do they need to have decent support because they are not technologically savvy/do not want to waste hours in frustration while also wanting what is essentially unlimited (throttled @0.25Mbps) data on AT&T? Aio is their best bet. Do they want LTE with a large data allotment and have little concern about customer support? Straight Talk awaits. Do they want a carrier inbetween with the ability to purchase discounted monthly refills? H2O is a good bet. Do they want a no compromise option? AT&T GoPhone caters to them.

To wrap up, sometimes it is important to consider that numbers like ping times vary, but do not necessarily equate to a horrid experience for the user. Wireless service has so many factors that can affect tests (distance to the tower, server location, etc.). In real world usage, the limitations on Aio probably do not have an impact on a vast majority of their subscribers' experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast