Thread: Page plus is a rip off!

Feedback Score

Page plus is a rip off!

Go with page plus if you want them to take your money and give you nothing in return. I had a number ported to page plus and guess what, they had to allocated a dummy number to me while I waited for the port, obviously I went out and bought credit on the dummy number - having been told that it would transfer to my ported number. well my ported number finally came through, but not my credit!!! at the time of the port activation no "supervisor" was available and I was told to call back to get my credit transferred to the right number. I'm in the middle of moving, so i took a few days to call back, guess what - apparently I only had (24 or 48 hr - they can't get this right either) to call back and get credit, so now I'm screwed, I have to pay again for something that I already paid.

BUYER BE WARE: THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH PAGE PLUS. IT'S BAD NEWS! Stay with your current provider at least you get what you pay for with them!!!

Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It's too bad you're having so much trouble. I don't think you're experience is typical. Neither my wife nor I nor my son has ever had an issue with PP.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    One post & done. Tsk tsk tsk.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melvzdn View Post
    Go with page plus if you want them to take your money and give you nothing in return. I had a number ported to page plus and guess what, they had to allocated a dummy number to me while I waited for the port, obviously I went out and bought credit on the dummy number - having been told that it would transfer to my ported number. well my ported number finally came through, but not my credit!!! at the time of the port activation no "supervisor" was available and I was told to call back to get my credit transferred to the right number. I'm in the middle of moving, so i took a few days to call back, guess what - apparently I only had (24 or 48 hr - they can't get this right either) to call back and get credit, so now I'm screwed, I have to pay again for something that I already paid.

BUYER BE WARE: THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH PAGE PLUS. IT'S BAD NEWS! Stay with your current provider at least you get what you pay for with them!!!
    I doubt that this is completely accurate. There would be no way that PPC would have "had to allocated a dummy number". This may have been what you CHOSE to do, but not what PPC HAD to do. It is too bad this happened, but PPC does NOT cheat people. Monthly plans have NEVER been able to be transferred from one number to another, no matter what the circumstance. A CASH balance can ONLY be transferred in the case of somebody getting a temporary number to test for that 48 hour period you mentioned BEFORE a port replacement. Read this forum. The vast majority of people are very happy with what PPC provides.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for your trouble. With something like this is, however, it's always best to get it straightened out as soon as possible and not put it off. I realize you had special circumstances and I think if you continue calling you should be able to find someone to fix this. I'm certainly not going to quit using Page Plus -- where I've had good luck with customer service -- over one case like this. However, should Page Plus' Customer Service turn into TracFone's CS, then I would drop them like a stone.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby

Feedback Score
    Any bets on whether the OP will post in this thread again ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_rm View Post
    Any bets on whether the OP will post in this thread again ?
    I'm already on record a couple posts up.

Feedback Score
    Well I have seen many a numbers ported over to PP and never one time have I ever seen someone get a temporary number. Its always been on the website that you cant transfer a balance from one number to another. Maybe a rep told you wrong but that's not entirely PP fault. You could have gotten it fixed in the 48 hour period but you chose not to. That's your bad.

They made a mistake, and so did you. I call it even Steven. Write it off and learn. The money you save over the next couple of months will make up for it.

Feedback Score
    if you went to a dealer that would of not happen anyway there is a way to fix it so you dont have to pay again go to a pageplus dealer and explain what happend and he can fix it all you have to do is put your # that you ported to your phone make a test call then foward your calls to the temp # once that is done put your temp # back to your phone and put your ported # to a dummy esn when someone calls your ported # it will go to your temp # then when your plan expires you can put your ported # back to your phone it works you just need to go to a dealer to have it done

Feedback Score
    also pageplus is not a rip off it they where none of us would use there service
    pageplus #1 in my book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!