Wind has been fine for me all day

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDraconicOne View Post
    Not really meaning to troll but frustrated. Wind has been down all day but I have Rogers as well and my wife has Bell and neither have had more than a minor hiccup. In fact I was considering moving my Rogers line to wind yesterday to save some money but I am glad I didn't.

Edit: it's also not the first network issue I have had although the most prolonged. I work on call and need to be accessible exactly for these types of situations. Luckily another manager is on call this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using HoFo mobile app
    Where are you located? I haven't had any issues in Toronto.

I'm not saying Wind is not without its issues, but as far as I know, the outages were caused by power outages and therefore I find it unreasonable to blame outages on the carrier.
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Vaughan/maple is dropping periodically and when you have signal it's not usable

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For now all of my calls are being forwarded to fongo line

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I was phoning from Vancouver to Toronto today - one aunt's landline and the other aunt's cell - and had no call quality issues. However when I phoned my sister's landline in Ottawa, the connection was horrid. She sounded like a robot and apparently so did I. Have never had a call sound that bad in two years or so. I wonder if something going wrong in Toronto might have affected my WIND call quality in Vancouver while calling Ottawa??

Feedback Score
    I live near 16th and Valleymede in Richmond Hill, has been down since 5pm last night and not come back online since. The power in my area was out until 4am last night, but is back up, however, still no WIND. My problems started when I was on the phone around 4:30pm last night, the call dropped several times, I lost signal, but it came back up, and then finally, it just died altogether at approx. 5pm and has not been back up since. My gf said that when we were on the phone, quality was very poor and she heard a lot of chirping up until the service dropped completely.

I've driven around Major Mackenzie/Bayview and 16th/Bayview to try and get signal, but there was none.

For the ppl that say "works fine for me", please realize you're being unhelpful and sound like big douches by not even posting your location.

WIND Mobile has acknowledged the problem on their facebook by commenting on a few user posts saying they are experiencing wide spread outages across GTA. With that said, WIND Mobile has let us all down lately with poor communication and not even updating their twitter feed/facebook status to let ppl know they're working on it. The only official acknowledgement is buried in user comment replies. Things like this make me want to cancel their crummy, slow service.

Device(s)
    Samsung S8, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by th3h3r0 View Post
    I live near 16th and Valleymede in Richmond Hill, has been down since 5pm last night and not come back online since. The power in my area was out until 4am last night, but is back up, however, still no WIND. My problems started when I was on the phone around 4:30pm last night, the call dropped several times, I lost signal, but it came back up, and then finally, it just died altogether at approx. 5pm and has not been back up since. My gf said that when we were on the phone, quality was very poor and she heard a lot of chirping up until the service dropped completely.

I've driven around Major Mackenzie/Bayview and 16th/Bayview to try and get signal, but there was none.

For the ppl that say "works fine for me", please realize you're being unhelpful and sound like big douches by not even posting your location.

WIND Mobile has acknowledged the problem on their facebook by commenting on a few user posts saying they are experiencing wide spread outages across GTA. With that said, WIND Mobile has let us all down lately with poor communication and not even updating their twitter feed/facebook status to let ppl know they're working on it. The only official acknowledgement is buried in user comment replies. Things like this make me want to cancel their crummy, slow service.
    I totally agree. Where was the communication from Wind? Rogers was on twitter acknowledging their problems. In fact, it wasn't that long ago Rogers customers were upset over their half-day outage (which Rogers compensated for). I still don't have service or any clue when they will restore service (except their scripted outage statement their offshore call centre gives me).

In contrast, the Bell tower in my area went down (to be expected with the power issues) and they were able to tell me fairly quickly there was a master ticket and they will be replacing the backup power source in the next few hours. Wind was down from the onset, where is their backup power solutions? Clearly they lack any emergency management plan.

I am not even angry any more with Wind, but incredibly disappointed. I want to support the "underdog" but they want to really become the 4th national carrier they need to start behaving like it. They will be losing me as a customer though if this continues much longer.

Edit: I am in Don Mills.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Rogers home phone was down, and my dad's Rogers cell was working but went down for about 30 minutes. My mom's Wind line was working till about 3pm when it went down completely. Bell was working no issues for my family.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I was in Mississauga Saturday, in Etobicoke Sunday. Didn't notice a difference. Then again, having been with WIND since 2010, I'm never confident the network is ever working fine 100% of the time.

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i am in edmonton, no service outage.

Feedback Score
    Still down in Don Mills.
    All prices CAD.

Device(s)
    Google Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    Full signal Voice+SMS only if I go outside on the balcony Eglinton east of Mt Pleasant. My phone only connects to a cell site at Bloor and Jarvis with 0-1 bars or SOS if i'm in my apartment. Seems like most the sites south of me have lost their battery backup since sometime Sunday.

Device(s)
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier(s)
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz123 View Post
    Where are you located? I haven't had any issues in Toronto.

I'm not saying Wind is not without its issues, but as far as I know, the outages were caused by power outages and therefore I find it unreasonable to blame outages on the carrier.
    Power outages really are not an excuse. The big carriers generally have battery and/or generator backup at most sites.

Feedback Score
    Wind was working for me here in Markham until today, now it's down and it says I am roaming however it won't let me make any calls.

Edit: Back up now at 2:30 pm, let's hope it stays this way
    Last edited by MrGreenleaf; 12-23-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    Been up and down in Nisku as well. For the last week I no longer get all bars at work, I only sometimes get one. We don't have extreme weather here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast