Thread: The "No Service" Voice Sound when someone calls

Feedback Score

The "No Service" Voice Sound when someone calls

I know i am thinking back 10 years ago but is there or is there still a way that at&t can automatically leave a message on my phone letting people know that i have no service when i am in a dead zone, or travel outside coverage, and also give the option to leave a message? Any answer would be of help. Thanks.
    Last edited by kb198909; 12-18-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Words were Left out.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If there is no service the call will be transferred to voice mail by default. There is no special message/indication that the caller will hear because of no service on your end.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kb198909 View Post
    I know i am thinking back 10 years ago but is there or is there still a way that at&t can automatically leave a message on my phone letting people know that i have no service when i am in a dead zone, or travel outside coverage, and also give the option to leave a message? Any answer would be of help. Thanks.
    If you have VM deprovisioned on your line and if your phone is off or you are outside the coverage area, there should be a recording callers will get saying that you are either unavailable or outside the coverage area.

This is of course assuming you can convince customer care to deprivision VM on your acct.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Check your voicemail settings to see if more than one message choice is available depending upon the conditions of the call incompletion. Functionally, the call would go to voicemail regardless of the reason for the call being unanswered.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kb198909 View Post
    If you're talking about how Nextel use to say "Please hold while the Nextel subscriber is located...", its just how Nextel set up their system. Everyone else just interjects fake rings while looking for the device.

There is no way to turn this on as they've just opted to put in fake rings. I use to hate that Nextel intro as where I grew up everyone had Nextel but nextel barely had service so 8/10 times calling someone on Nextel yielded that message.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"