Thread: 3rd Party Factory Unlock for Koodo iPhone 5?

Feedback Score

3rd Party Factory Unlock for Koodo iPhone 5?

A friend wants to sell me his locked iPhone 5 for a really low price but it is locked to Koodo. Even though he paid for the phone in full he's closed the contract and now Koodo won't unlock it. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap factory unlock for this phone? Online I have found $99 & $119 prices but that seems a tad high (or is it?).

thanks

Carrier(s)
    Bell, Virgin, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Last summer, you could get a Telus/Koodo iphone factory unlock on ebay for about $35 (I did!)
    All those sellers are gone now. I guess they were discovered and shut down

Feedback Score
    I wonder then how these guys that charge more get the factory unlock then. If all the internal 'plants' were shut down you'd think these guys charging more would be shut down too as the required link in the chain is to have someone on the inside. Or, maybe because there are only a few guys doing this inside Koodo they realized they could charge more because of lack of competition.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CantoUS View Post
    A friend wants to sell me his locked iPhone 5 for a really low price but it is locked to Koodo. Even though he paid for the phone in full he's closed the contract and now Koodo won't unlock it. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap factory unlock for this phone? Online I have found $99 & $119 prices but that seems a tad high (or is it?).

thanks
    Some options. this guy will take your iPhone 5 and give you an unlocked one for $80- trade fee

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...eaturedAdZtrue

Or you could use a turbo sim

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=...one+5&_sacat=0
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    I believe Koodo charges $50 for unlocking the iPhone.

Also, from what I read online (can't post links since I'm a new), it's a bit tricky to get a Koodo CSR to actually unlock the iPhone for you.
    So, you may have to try several (possibly several dozen) times before you reach a CSR who is willing to help you.

You could sign up for prepaid service or whatever is cheapest temporarily with Koodo to get that the unlock code.
    But, at that point, it might be easier to get a third party to get the unlock codes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Warning with imei blacklist don t exchange phone from a people who don t trust !

Sent with the HoFo App