Thread: Galaxy S3 4.3 OTA Update Issues

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Galaxy S3 4.3 OTA Update Issues

I've been reading a lot of complaints of issues people have been having with their S3 after getting the OTA 4.3 update. I've yet to get it, but am scared to install it.

I'd like to hear from the S3 owners who have updated to 4.3 via OTA. Who has not had problems and who has had problems? For those that have had issues, please list them and what if anything you were able to do to correct them.

Scott

Feedback Score
    My update download on Thanksgiving day. I kept postponing the actual install, but I either accidentally hit install, or it only asks you so many times and then installs it for you.

I haven't dug around too much yet, but already found one issue. I had my phone set to both ring & vibrate. Today when I got a call, the flash from the camera flashes while ringing. I turned the vibrate off and didn't notice it on the next call. I forgot to check for it though, so I can't say for sure if that fixed it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I found this fix for that issue on the web:

Apparently the Accessability feature for Flash on Incoming calls gets turned on even tho it is unchecked. solution was to check it , then uncheck it , and it seems to be fixed. ( Settings / My Device / Accessibilty /Flash Notification)

Also do another restart of your phone after the restart the update does.

Feedback Score
    The SAMSUNG S3-USC saga continues........nice.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah the update is pretty ******. It uninstalled SwiftKey, completely reset my ringtone settings, and has generally slowed down the system. It also made the dots on my unlock screen much smaller and less responsive.

I'm not happy about this one.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had a single problem since I installed. It actually spend up the phone and I used to roam all the time and now I don't and I get better signal and everything. Basically this update fixed everything I didn't like about the s3 and made me actually like the phone now. The update didn't mess with any of my settings or uninstall anything. I love the update

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I installed the update when I got the notification, and have had no problems with it. But, I only use my S3 as a media player...my main phone (Note 2) got the 4.3 update last week, and so far no problems. Before the update to my Note 2, 4G signal was weak, but after the 4.3 update and an update to PRL fixed the signal issue, now max bars and good signal strength. Only think I'm not liking is the added bloat from Samsung, lots of it.