Thread: Blackout in Feb. 2014

Feedback Score

Blackout in Feb. 2014

I have been considering applying for work at T-Mobile in the US. The company has made strides in its image and public perception.

I have friends who have friends that currently work for the company. They have advised me to hold off until March 2014 due to an company wide blackout of vacation/leave time in Feb. 2014. They said that the rumor is a round of layoffs and that many mid-level management folks have been leaving the company since the announcement.

Any current actual employees care to provide more details and confirm if this is true?

Cheers and hopefully it is just a nasty rumor!

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile, at&t, FI
    Feedback Score

I am not a t-mobile employe but

Quote Originally Posted by resistandrefuse View Post
    I have been considering applying for work at T-Mobile in the US. The company has made strides in its image and public perception.

I have friends who have friends that currently work for the company. They have advised me to hold off until March 2014 due to an company wide blackout of vacation/leave time in Feb. 2014. They said that the rumor is a round of layoffs and that many mid-level management folks have been leaving the company since the announcement.

Any current actual employees care to provide more details and confirm if this is true?

Cheers and hopefully it is just a nasty rumor!
    I have never heard of companies preventing vacation before layoffs.

However, they may prevent leave at a time they expect to get unusually busy for some reason- maybe they are planning to introduce new programs/services at that time. It is common during holiday season for retail companies for e.g. to restrict staff vacation but that has nothing to do with layoffs; those can happen without such restrictions.