Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T iPhone 5 4G/LTE on BYOD / BYOP SIM Service?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smtelegadis View Post
    So, I finally got around to trying to activate the service and it doesn't work with the phone I have. I spent over 4 hours just today trying to get my money back and it was a total PITA.

I really recommend against anyone using this service with using a locked device. If so be warned you could be responsible for the charges to your CC.

SHAME ON YOU NET10!!!!
    ok before you play the blame game

1 where did you get the iphone-did you check to see if it is blacklisted

2 activation takes some time.when i activated my first phone it was 24 hrs before everything was fully functional

when you get things on the cheap sometimes a little patience is in order.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A6433 View Post
    You were trying to use an ATT locked iPh. 5 on Net10, correct? And it won't activate, or it will activate & function but w/out LTE service? Please elaborate about what happened. Thx.
    I tried the service with my wife's iphone 5 and had no issues for a month. I decided to then transition my service after again clarifying that the service would work with any AT&T locked phone. I even included my IMEID to check. They confirmed that in an email. I tried my wife's sim and it worked for Voice and Text (I didn't bother with the APN). Based off that I ordered a new SIM from NET10 and tried to activate. No go. When I called to clarify the issue I was told the phone is required to be unlocked. They refused to help nor did they back up their claim that my locked phone would work. I spoke with two other tiers of Support and then the Corporate Resolutions Department. This is the same division that originally verified my phone would work.

I am positive I have a bad SIM but they refuse to refund my service and stated their Terms and Conditions. I explained to them that I relied on their Rep to be aware of their Terms and Conditions and should have not given me improper information, but regardless I should not be out of pocket base off the circumstances. They refused repetitively.

I'm upset because I relied on the email from NET10 saying the phone would work without issue. NET10 made no effort to accommodate me or refund my service based off what is presents itself as predominantly their SIM Card issue.

I'm not sure what the issue is, nor do I care at this point. Their Customer Service is anything but.

Device(s)
    Blackberry KeyOne
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Odd. Honestly, I've used a locked android device with net10.... it may well be an Apple/att thing.

Since it isn't a blacklist thing (and you are off contract, right?) then it might be worth the $$$ to just unlock it.

If it's on contract, it's effectively blacklisted by ATT until it goes off contract.
    Last edited by PaisleyPirate; 12-28-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: further thought as to why

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I tried the service with my wife's iphone 5 and had no issues for a month. I decided to then transition my service after again clarifying that the service would work with any AT&T locked phone. I even included my IMEID to check. They confirmed that in an email. I tried my wife's sim and it worked for Voice and Text (I didn't bother with the APN). Based off that I ordered a new SIM from NET10 and tried to activate. No go. When I called to clarify the issue I was told the phone is required to be unlocked. They refused to help nor did they back up their claim that my locked phone would work. I spoke with two other tiers of Support and then the Corporate Resolutions Department. This is the same division that originally verified my phone would work.

I am positive I have a bad SIM but they refuse to refund my service and stated their Terms and Conditions. I explained to them that I relied on their Rep to be aware of their Terms and Conditions and should have not given me improper information, but regardless I should not be out of pocket base off the circumstances. They refused repetitively.

I'm upset because I relied on the email from NET10 saying the phone would work without issue. NET10 made no effort to accommodate me or refund my service based off what is presents itself as predominantly their SIM Card issue.

I'm not sure what the issue is, nor do I care at this point. Their Customer Service is anything but.
    ok i am gonna assume you and you wife was with att and using iphone 5's.

assume both phones are locked to att.

you switched your wife over to net10 no issues.now y

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ok opps now you want to switch.

assuming your contract wasnt up.you might owe an etf and att blacklisted the phone.

assuming your phone is blacklisted you cant get service through any mvno on att network.net10 dont check for blacklised phones.this is your responsability and yours alone.it is up to you the consumer to bring a clean esn phone to net10 service.it is also on you to bring a functioning phone to byod service.

that disclaimer you quoted is s warning to you.that they are not responsable for phones being blacklisted or non working phones.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    ok opps now you want to switch.

assuming your contract wasnt up.you might owe an etf and att blacklisted the phone.

assuming your phone is blacklisted you cant get service through any mvno on att network.net10 dont check for blacklised phones.this is your responsability and yours alone.it is up to you the consumer to bring a clean esn phone to net10 service.it is also on you to bring a functioning phone to byod service.

that disclaimer you quoted is s warning to you.that they are not responsable for phones being blacklisted or non working phones.
    The phone is not blacklisted. I said it was locked and their sim would not work. Someone in one of the subsequent post made that insinuation that it is blacklist. Besides, a flagged ESN would lock the phone out all together. I also said that my wife's sim did work in my phone, with the exception of Data and that was solely because I didn't apply the APN settings. So no the responsibility is still Net10 to provide working service, and always should be. They are choosing to put the financial responsibility on me based off their poor representation of policies when I signed up.

If a phone cannot be provisioned in the manner their reps claim then a refund of service should be offered. It wasn't and I am contesting the charges.

Take from my experience what you want. I've got my phone on AIO now with no issue. I didn't want to use them initially because I read their network is not the full Post Paid like with Net10. I'm seeing very little service difference from what my wife get's with Net10. Things may be different when I hit a more rural area but right now in Hilton, SC for the holidays the service is about the same on both phones.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    The phone is not blacklisted. I said it was locked and their sim would not work. Someone in one of the subsequent post made that insinuation that it is blacklist. Besides, a flagged ESN would lock the phone out all together. I also said that my wife's sim did work in my phone, with the exception of Data and that was solely because I didn't apply the APN settings. So no the responsibility is still Net10 to provide working service, and always should be. They are choosing to put the financial responsibility on me based off their poor representation of policies when I signed up.

If a phone cannot be provisioned in the manner their reps claim then a refund of service should be offered. It wasn't and I am contesting the charges.

Take from my experience what you want. I've got my phone on AIO now with no issue. I didn't want to use them initially because I read their network is not the full Post Paid like with Net10. I'm seeing very little service difference from what my wife get's with Net10. Things may be different when I hit a more rural area but right now in Hilton, SC for the holidays the service is about the same on both phones.
    glad you got your phone service restored.from reports aio isnt nad service.

Device(s)
    Blackberry KeyOne
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    AIO is ok. Wife has it.

Sorry if my question made it sound that I was insinuating something... it's just something that some people trip up on (and, honestly, I've seen 2 cases where a phone was "off-contract" but was not released by ATT until the person threw a fit about it) So, again, please don't take the question meant to honestly resolve a problem as insinuating that you were trying something underhanded, it honestly was not meant that way.

I am really puzzled by all the ATT/Net10/Apple problems, though. I know there are a LOT of people having problems, just from googling to get the correct APN settings for my phone. And you are spot on that their CS is not good at all. I was facing the same thing when I switched to my BB10, because they said it would, then AFTER they had the switch in place, said, oh, no it may not... well, it does, but no thanks to them.

Cheers!
    Blackberry for Android, because BB10 is dead.
    Blackberry 10 - security, speed, reliability. Pick any 3. (still the best)

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPirate View Post
    AIO is ok. Wife has it.

Sorry if my question made it sound that I was insinuating something... it's just something that some people trip up on (and, honestly, I've seen 2 cases where a phone was "off-contract" but was not released by ATT until the person threw a fit about it) So, again, please don't take the question meant to honestly resolve a problem as insinuating that you were trying something underhanded, it honestly was not meant that way.

I am really puzzled by all the ATT/Net10/Apple problems, though. I know there are a LOT of people having problems, just from googling to get the correct APN settings for my phone. And you are spot on that their CS is not good at all. I was facing the same thing when I switched to my BB10, because they said it would, then AFTER they had the switch in place, said, oh, no it may not... well, it does, but no thanks to them.

Cheers!
    oh no wasnt thinking that.have to agree iphones are a pain in the butt when it comes to mvno's.i know i have one lol.would higly recomend for those with iphones you have two good options.

unlocked iphones can be used on aio or gophone

locked iphones go with gophone

these neing the att iphones

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    if you (the op) suspected the SIM was defective and NET10 wouldn't
    replace it or refund your money you could have spent $.99 cents and
    ordered a precut one from the link posted earlier. it would have been
    a cheap way to confirm your suspicions.
    " The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" > Aldo Gucci

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parishmc View Post
    if you (the op) suspected the SIM was defective and NET10 wouldn't
    replace it or refund your money you could have spent $.99 cents and
    ordered a precut one from the link posted earlier. it would have been
    a cheap way to confirm your suspicions.
    That is what I thought he (& others) might do since one would be out only $1 if it failed.
    My ATT 5s is not unlocked & it's been working fine esp. since the latest carrier settings came out, using 7.0.3/4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPirate View Post
    ...If it's on contract, it's effectively blacklisted by ATT until it goes off contract.
    Blacklisted so as not to work on networks other than Net10 & Straight Talk? Please clarify.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A6433 View Post
    Blacklisted so as not to work on networks other than Net10 & Straight Talk? Please clarify.
    att and other major carriers blacklist phones for several reasons.

1 phone has been reported stolen

2 the original owner did not fufill ther contract-or pay the etf of said contract

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    almost forgot when a carrier such as att blacklists a phone it cant be used on any mvno using att network.there have been talk of the major carriers banning together on the blacklist.

there is a risk when buying a used phone that it could be blacklisted.this is why you shouldnt buy a phone of clist.

there have been cases where a person bought a phone of clist.the seller latter reports it stolen.then the major carrier blacklist the phone.then the buyer phone is shut down and the sim is toasted by the carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    att and other major carriers blacklist phones for several reasons.

1 phone has been reported stolen

2 the original owner did not fufill ther contract-or pay the etf of said contract
    That is not what I meant; I know what blacklisting means.
    What is it termed when, for ex., an ATT phone still under contract is moved over to NET10? It wouldn't be blacklisted as suggested by PaisleyPirate since it was activated on NET10, prior to the ATT contract fulfillment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast