Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T iPhone 5 4G/LTE on BYOD / BYOP SIM Service?

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

AT&T iPhone 5 4G/LTE on BYOD / BYOP SIM Service?

Searched through the NET10 forums but couldn't find anything regarding the compatibility of an AT&T iPhone 5 LTE phone with the BYOD BYOP SIM service. I did an ESN / IMEI / IMEID search on Net10's website www.net10byop.com and it said it was compatible but then gave this statement:

"Even though your phone is compatible, a few phone models cannot be used with the BYOP program and will be identified at activation."

It's further compounded by the fact that I don't see an option for the nano SIM to purchase in their storefront. I sent a message to their support channel but I'd like to check the community to see if anyone has already got it working.

Is it just a disclaimer and all that is required is cutting down the SIM card or are certain ESN / IMEI / IMEID from Apple excluded from activation on NET10 BYOD SIM Service?

TIA

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You could also search or ask your question in the Straight Talk Forum, as N10 and ST differ mainly in their airtime structure.
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-Straight-Talk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smtelegadis View Post
    Searched through the NET10 forums but couldn't find anything regarding the compatibility of an AT&T iPhone 5 LTE phone with the BYOD BYOP SIM service. I did an ESN / IMEI / IMEID search on Net10's website www.net10byop.com and it said it was compatible but then gave this statement:

"Even though your phone is compatible, a few phone models cannot be used with the BYOP program and will be identified at activation."

It's further compounded by the fact that I don't see an option for the nano SIM to purchase in their storefront. I sent a message to their support channel but I'd like to check the community to see if anyone has already got it working.

Is it just a disclaimer and all that is required is cutting down the SIM card or are certain ESN / IMEI / IMEID from Apple excluded from activation on NET10 BYOD SIM Service?

TIA
    net10/straight talk do not sell nano sims yet, you are cutting the sim at your own risk. and if not done right,you could damage
    the contacts inside the iphone. if done right a gsm iphone - AT&T/tmobile will work fine. cdma iphones - verizon/sprint cannot be activiated on straight talk/net10.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just updating my own thread here. I ordered the nano SIM and used a template from the net to cut it to fit the iphone. I had an inactive chip that I experimented with first and it was a lot easier then I expected. After that activation and port in of the number was a breeze. I did have to update the APN settings but found this site http://www.unlockit.co.nz very useful for doing that.

Hope this post helps someone else considering the NET10 BOYP service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Shouldn't have had to cut a nano SIM for iPh. 5 as that is the one that fits it- ?
    You may order Net10 nano (precut) SIMs here --> http://www.net10wirelessphones.com/B...hone-to-Net10/

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A6433 View Post
    Shouldn't have had to cut a nano SIM for iPh. 5 as that is the one that fits it- ?
    You may order Net10 nano (precut) SIMs here --> http://www.net10wirelessphones.com/B...hone-to-Net10/
    I screwed up in my post. I meant to write:

"I ordered a Micro SIM and cut it to a Nano SIM size."

I was hesitant to order from a place like the one in your post as I didn't want to risk more then the a few bucks on a SIM to ensure LTE would work without issues. Are you affiliated with the website you posted or are you just promoting the service?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I screwed up in my post. I meant to write:

"I ordered a Micro SIM and cut it to a Nano SIM size."

I was hesitant to order from a place like the one in your post as I didn't want to risk more then the a few bucks on a SIM to ensure LTE would work without issues. Are you affiliated with the website you posted or are you just promoting the service?
    If you were hesitant to order acct. you didn't want to risk more than a few bucks then it would make sense to order one for only 1 dollar right? That's how your post reads to me....
    I am neither affiliated w/ that website nor promoting it; I came across it when I was searching for a low cost replcmt. SIM & decided to share it w/ forum readers (after I had a positive experience) so others could benefit from it.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    @A6433 there is still some confusion here. It was not the expense of the SIM as the one from NET10 are around $8. It was the guarantee of the compatibility of the card issued and that it was cut properly so as not to damage the phone as expressed in the second post by october262. I was willing to risk the cost of the SIM directly from NET10 so as to guarantee a valid working SIM.

To elaborate, most of the complaints I've read about third party re-sellers of SIM cards, especially precut nano SIMs, is they received cards that were defective. I wanted to be able to test the nano SIM in my Samsung Galaxy Amp and then fit it to the iphone 5. I realize that I could create the same problem with doing it myself but I at least have no one else to blame but myself. I will say that you are promoting the site as reaffirmed in your last post when you stated "I had a positive experience," and that is great. I was looking for a testimonial. If you rep'd the company I wanted to ask you specifics on how the cards were cut and tested, which again would contribute to the thread.

Hopefully, I'm not reading too much into your last post as I'm not trying in incite a flame session. I just want to post information on Nano SIMS and Iphone 5/c/s series nano SIMS. Thanks for contributing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I didn't take it as though you were trying to incite anything. I was just being matter-of-fact about what I thought you meant, & my experience w/ the SIM cards.
    Not really sure what sort of specifics I could provide. You must have meant post #3 as I see only one post by October262. I just put it in the phone & it worked. I was unsure another SIM would really get LTE working so I jumped on the $.99 (w/ free shipping) precut one that the co. in the link I provided points to. What's a buck right? I did not want to have to cut it myself so it was a home run for me.
    For what it's worth when I switched from an iPh. 4 to an iPh. 5 that I bought in a store, the store employ. cut my previous SIM, originally a micro SIM, to fit the iPh. 5 right in front of me so I assumed it was a simple thing as long as you have the tool.
    Is there something to watch out for w/ cut SIMs that I don't know about, i. e. imperfect cuts, jagged edges, thickness, or ? Maybe I've been lucky- ?
    Thanks for your responses.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A6433 View Post
    I didn't take it as though you were trying to incite anything. I was just being matter-of-fact about what I thought you meant, & my experience w/ the SIM cards.
    Not really sure what sort of specifics I could provide. You must have meant post #3 as I see only one post by October262. I just put it in the phone & it worked. I was unsure another SIM would really get LTE working so I jumped on the $.99 (w/ free shipping) precut one that the co. in the link I provided points to. What's a buck right? I did not want to have to cut it myself so it was a home run for me.
    For what it's worth when I switched from an iPh. 4 to an iPh. 5 that I bought in a store, the store employ. cut my previous SIM, originally a micro SIM, to fit the iPh. 5 right in front of me so I assumed it was a simple thing as long as you have the tool.
    Is there something to watch out for w/ cut SIMs that I don't know about, i. e. imperfect cuts, jagged edges, thickness, or ? Maybe I've been lucky- ?
    Thanks for your responses.
    LTE or 4G speed was my primary concern. There are some reviews on Amazon about vendors that tout LTE sims the SIMs were the older Generation 3G type. I'll definitely consider using them for the next time I order SIM & Starting service cards. Thanks for the followup.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    So, I finally got around to trying to activate the service and it doesn't work with the phone I have. I spent over 4 hours just today trying to get my money back and it was a total PITA.

I really recommend against anyone using this service with using a locked device. If so be warned you could be responsible for the charges to your CC.

SHAME ON YOU NET10!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    What phone is that? An iPhone 5? I have both a locked (to AT&T) and an Apple Store unlocked iPhone5, both on Net10 AT&T. Both work flawlessly at LTE speeds (20/5).

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    So, I finally got around to trying to activate the service and it doesn't work with the phone I have. I spent over 4 hours just today trying to get my money back and it was a total PITA.

I really recommend against anyone using this service with using a locked device. If so be warned you could be responsible for the charges to your CC.

SHAME ON YOU NET10!!!!
    You were trying to use an ATT locked iPh. 5 on Net10, correct? And it won't activate, or it will activate & function but w/out LTE service? Please elaborate about what happened. Thx.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    net10/straight talk do not sell nano sims yet, you are cutting the sim at your own risk. and if not done right,you could damage
    the contacts inside the iphone. if done right a gsm iphone - AT&T/tmobile will work fine. cdma iphones - verizon/sprint cannot be activiated on straight talk/net10.
    It would be EXCEPTIONALLY hard to damage the contacts inside the phone with anything resembling a SIM card. Anything that'd damage them would have to catch on them meaning that, even if wrong, as long as your cut down SIM card still vaguely resembles a SIM card it shouldn't cause any damage physically to the contacts.

Device(s)
    Blackberry KeyOne
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    LTE works on my BlackBerry 10 phone with a Net10 micro sim card. So, from the network side, LTE/4g should all work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast