Thread: Becoming a Selectel dealer is in my future... Need some input...

Feedback Score

Becoming a Selectel dealer is in my future... Need some input...

I currently work a full time job as a Quality Control Inspector at a local CNC Machine Shop in my area... I also sell all sorts of used cell phones as a hobby/secondary income... I have been selling phones since March and it has become a very nice side job for me... Currently my day job hours are from 12:30pm - 8:30pm EST. I normally setup times in the morning or at night for people to come over and check out some phones... I average 4 - 6 Straight Talk customers a week... Most of them are looking for a nice phone to use on that type of network... So I'll sell them the phone and help them get there number transferred or even help them with a new activation... I guess it has come to the point where I am getting sick and tired of filling [email protected] $lim's pockets... I have already filled out the dealer form on Selectel's website and had a nice talk with the owner's brother... I am just waiting for all the bits and pieces to fall in place on my end before completing the dealer registration...

Here is where I would like your input: Based on everything I have said so far, how can I work this out?!? To start this extra business venture I cannot just up and quit my day job, so I need to get some ideas from people on how to make this work from the beginning... Give me some sound advice... Thank you!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I think building a solid and complete website will allow you to establish a presence without you hAving a physical store where you have to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I totally agree that a website will be incorporated for my needs... But I was hoping for some insight on how to balance everything and make it all work out... Possibly from others who are or have been in my situation...

Feedback Score
    I filled out the dealer form also. I also had a nice talk with the first person. Then I got the emails telling me that I used a residential address and if I didn't already have a store in place not to bother them.

NextG gave me a dealer acct without any hassles. I will warn you with the NextG unlimited international it is only to certain areas in some country's.

I personally have one phone on Selectel, 2 on a Page Plus and one on NextG for some international calling .

Good luck

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I didn't have any hassles with them saying anything about my address... I received an email from them with an authorization form to start debiting my bank account... Pretty sure I am good to go from here for login information as soon as I get my checking account re-setup... For me, Selectel makes perfect sense considering this is Verizon country and Straight Talk country up here... People in this area are always looking for the biggest bang for their buck... Next G mobile and even Page Plus are $5.00 - $10.00 more than what most people are used to seeing for prepaid service... Most people up here are addicted to ST's $45.00 plan... Unless there is something I am overlooking... Needs to be a Verizon MVNO... Is there a way to become a Net10 dealer and make money? Selectel was talking about a flat 15% commission on all plan refills...

Feedback Score
    I didn't have any problems either until the acct authorization guy rained on my parade. Please let me know how that goes for you. If they have gotten less restrictive on their requirements I would try again myself. Around here Page Plus has really become king since upping the data to 500 meg on the $29.95 and the $39.95 plan. My father in law was happy as could be for me to get him a iphone on Verizon towers for $29.95 with 1200 min 3000 texts. My wife and son are on the $39.95 unlimited talk and text 500 meg of data. Those two plans really are the deal for a lot of people. I'm currently on the $50 Selectel plan kind of testing the waters myself and happy with it. The low low usage people will always be looking for a better deal and I leave that quest up to them.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Taskforce81 did you have any luck fully setting up your dealer account with selectel ?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I never did complete the full dealer registration... I decided to go a different route at this time... Thx!