US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I got the same email.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Have to sign a 2 year contract, $35 activation fee applies. All they are doing is moving up your upgrade(s) date(s).
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Feedback Score
    So there were two of my numbers listed. Do you think that it would apply to both of them at the same time?

I just got my current phone 14 months ago so this might be a good Christmas present for myself and my daughter.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    There is a second email, same offer but a correction on the prefix of the customer service number to call (800, not 877). Kind of a funny story, I went Friday to the McAlester, OK corporate store and waited 1 1/2 hours to see if I could get an iPhone 5S as I was not under contract for my Motorola M ( I do have the 2 year unlimited data contract). I thought since I would have to sign a contract, I might be able to get the phone for $199.99. The rep said no, but looked at my account and said that I may be eligible for some offers that might let me upgrade early that are coming up "soon." Drove back home and an hour later got the above email. Called the 877 number (not a working number) and then called customer support, 10 minute wait instead of the 30 minutes to hour I am reading about, the rep didn't know about the offer, asked me a few questions and put me on hold for about 2 minutes, then came back and said yes, I was eligible but I would have to talk to customer service and they were closing in six minutes and had a 20 minute wait time. So I called back this morning to the 1-800 number and had a 15 minute wait. The recorded messages and music were full of static, cutting in and out, and when the service rep came on, she was cutting out too. She asked my number and said she would call back which she did, and said they were having trouble with their phone lines (not a good thing for a phone company). Told her I wanted a gold 5s and she fixed me right up. I guess every one wants a gold one because she said they are already on back order. Should have it within two weeks they said.

I know everyone is dissing USCC for poor service, long waits etc. And I am sure that the complaints are legitimate. But other than the 30 minute drive to McAlester, I think I got a good deal. I guess the fact that I am in a rural area and no one has decent service here (maybe except for Verizon, but they only have 3G and USCC has good 4G here) limits my choice, but I have been with them for 20 years, and have no intention of changing, so a two year contract doesn't concern me at all. Not discounting what anybody who is unsatisfied with USCC lately says, just giving my experience.

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ripdog1 View Post
    I guess every one wants a gold one because she said they are already on back order. Should have it within two weeks they said.
    Of course, everyone wants the gold one, it's the easiest way to show off that you have the "latest" version of the iPhone...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Best/Worst. Photoshop. Ever.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What the hell is up with that phone? I have NEVER seen a phone with buttons even closely related to that. An iPhone style power button and capacitive sound button? LOL

As for the ad, I'm sure they are just trying to retain as many customers as possible, and what better way than forcing them into a 2 year contract.

Feedback Score
    So I ended up going in and getting my two monkeys updated phones. They wanted iPhones, but they're 10 and 12 so they don't care about the latest and greatest so I got two 4s for two pennies. They're happy and I have two less Christmas presents to buy.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    who the hell calls their children monkeys?

Feedback Score
    They are monkeys and my house is a jungle! They've also been referred to as little muchachos, boobs, or countless other terms of endearment. :-)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify!
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    My wife's S3 burned up the other day. It's not on the "list". It's out of warranty. We just changed plans and signed a new contract 3 weeks ago. I got the email saying I could upgrade early. I took the email in to the local corporate store with the idea of getting her a new S4 with my upgrade. The sales rep called in to verify my code number on the bottom of the email and they informed her that even though I got the email and had it right in my hand, that I was actually not eligible to upgrade early. They claim that it is only for people who are out of contract (and we just re-upped 3 weeks prior). That's the first I heard of that one. I thought they were sending these emails to specific customers for a reason, but I guess not. I'm going to try calling customer relations later and see if they will swap out her S3 for an S4, but I'm not holding my breath.......