Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Looks like US Cellular is getting set up to be bought by At&t or Verizon.............

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    508
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Looks like US Cellular is getting set up to be bought by At&t or Verizon.............

    U.S. Cellular Loses Subs Amidst Anti-Consumer Moves
    by Karl Bode 12:21PM Friday Nov 01 2013

    US Cellular's third quarter earnings indicate that the company lost 71,000 subscribers during the quarter -- with much of that pain self inflicted. Under the leadership of new company CEO Kenneth Meyers, U.S. Cellular killed off a large number of consumer friendly reward programs in September.

    That was compounded by some major billing issues the company says "impacted our ability to provide high-quality service to every customer for a period of time." The hits may keep on coming, as the carrier just got done killing off the last remnants of their unlimited data offer.

    They're expected to finally get the new iPhones on November 8, but with such wide iPhone availability now, that may not be quite the boon Meyers is looking for. Keep in mind U.S. Cellular also has to contend with the price disruption being caused by T-Mobile. Granted Meyers may not care, and his primary goal while US Cellular is under his ward to position the company for a sale to AT&T or Verizon -- by making it exactly like them (you'll find their new shared data plans to be very familiar).
    ICanHearYouNow

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, the article merely indicates that, in the author's opinion, U.S. Cellular may be positioning themselves to be purchased.

    Link to article: http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/U...r-Moves-126473

    Link to Investor Relations: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....&p=irol-irhome

    Direct link to the 10-Q: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...4/form_10Q.htm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    356
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Only 71000? I was expecting more.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BodomSlayer View Post
    Only 71000? I was expecting more.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    I'm sure Q4 will be higher, even so ARPU is up once again. The numbers aren't all doom and gloom.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    356
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    I'm sure Q4 will be higher, even so ARPU is up once again. The numbers aren't all doom and gloom.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app
    Well if you keep raising prices...

    Sent with the HoFo App

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BodomSlayer View Post
    Well if you keep raising prices...

    Sent with the HoFo App
    Typically it is an indicator of smartphone adoption.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    356
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Typically it is an indicator of smartphone adoption.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app
    Well right...I know that. I was more referring to the fact you can only keep pumping hot air into a balloon with a hole in it for so long...

    Sent with the HoFo App

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    343
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    If Verizon buys it, I will have no need to post here again.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyf View Post
    If Verizon buys it, I will have no need to post here again.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Well no one would... The forums would be combined ;-)

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Device(s)
    LG K8 2017
    Carrier(s)
    U S Cellular prepaid, unlimited T&T, 6 gigs of data
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    No, the article merely indicates that, in the author's opinion, U.S. Cellular may be positioning themselves to be purchased.



    Direct link to the 10-Q: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...4/form_10Q.htm
    Interesting comment from link... · As mentioned above, U.S. Cellular’s conversion to a new billing system in the third quarter of 2013 caused billing delays. In addition, intermittent system outages and delayed system response times negatively impacted customer service and sales operations at certain times. Existing and potential future operational problems associated with the conversion to the new billing system could have adverse effects on customer satisfaction, customer service, customer attrition, gross customer additions, uncollectible customer accounts receivable, or operating expenses. All of these factors could have a material adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s results of operations or cash flows.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HATMAN View Post
    Interesting comment from link... · As mentioned above, U.S. Cellular’s conversion to a new billing system in the third quarter of 2013 caused billing delays. In addition, intermittent system outages and delayed system response times negatively impacted customer service and sales operations at certain times. Existing and potential future operational problems associated with the conversion to the new billing system could have adverse effects on customer satisfaction, customer service, customer attrition, gross customer additions, uncollectible customer accounts receivable, or operating expenses. All of these factors could have a material adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s results of operations or cash flows.
    I'm aware of all of these things. I've experienced my own issues. I'm simply saying that the thread title is misleading based on the information and opinion expressed in the article.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,156
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks like an article written by someone that has no clue about US Cellular.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tulsa, OK, USA
    Posts
    16,062
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Well no one would... The forums would be combined ;-)

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app
    Not right away. First, the sale would have to be approved, and any markets that need to be sold would need to be determined, sold, and approved. Then, it would take additional time for the process to go through. The Alltel forum is still open, and look how long ago that sale went through.







  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Device(s)
    LG K8 2017
    Carrier(s)
    U S Cellular prepaid, unlimited T&T, 6 gigs of data
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    Looks like an article written by someone that has no clue about US Cellular.
    This publication by UNITED STATES
    SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    ??? http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...4/form_10Q.htm

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 10:14 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 12:43 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
  4. looks like kyocera is finally getting serious
    By braindead5400 in forum Kyocera
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 01:53 AM
  5. I need ADVICE! Looks like I"m going to get SCAMMED!
    By green2 in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-19-2002, 01:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks