Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Looks like US Cellular is getting set up to be bought by At&t or Verizon.............

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HATMAN View Post
    This publication by UNITED STATES
    SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    ??? http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...4/form_10Q.htm
    Lots of good stuff in there-

·Intense competition in the markets in which U.S. Cellular operates could adversely affect U.S. Cellular’s revenues or increase its costs to compete.

·A failure by U.S. Cellular to successfully execute its business strategy (including planned acquisitions, divestitures and exchanges) or allocate resources or capital could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·A failure by U.S. Cellular’s service offerings to meet customer expectations could limit U.S. Cellular’s ability to attract and retain customers and could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·A failure by U.S. Cellular to produce and deliver accurate and timely billing statements to customers could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular's business, financial condition or results of operations.

·U.S. Cellular’s system infrastructure may not be capable of supporting changes in technologies and services expected by customers, which could result in lost customers and revenues.

·An inability to obtain or maintain roaming arrangements with other carriers on terms that are acceptable to U.S. Cellular could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·U.S. Cellular currently receives a significant amount of roaming revenues. Further consolidation within the wireless industry, continued network build-outs by other wireless carriers and/or the inability to negotiate 4G LTE roaming agreements with other operators could cause roaming revenues to decline from current levels, which would have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·A failure by U.S. Cellular to obtain access to adequate radio spectrum to meet current or anticipated future needs and/or to accurately predict future needs for radio spectrum could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·To the extent conducted by the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”), U.S. Cellular is likely to participate in FCC auctions of additional spectrum in the future as an applicant or as a noncontrolling partner in another auction applicant and, during certain periods, will be subject to the FCC’s anti-collusion rules, which could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular.

·Changes in the regulatory environment or a failure by U.S. Cellular to timely or fully comply with any applicable regulatory requirements could adversely affect U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Changes in Universal Service Fund (“USF”) funding and/or intercarrier compensation could have an adverse impact on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·An inability to attract and/or retain highly competent management, technical, sales and other personnel could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

[hr][/hr]
    Table of Contents

·U.S. Cellular’s assets are concentrated in the U.S. wireless telecommunications industry. As a result, its results of operations may fluctuate based on factors related primarily to conditions in this industry.

·U.S. Cellular's lower scale relative to larger competitors could adversely affect its business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Changes in various business factors could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Advances or changes in technology could render certain technologies used by U.S. Cellular obsolete, could put U.S. Cellular at a competitive disadvantage, could reduce U.S. Cellular’s revenues or could increase its costs of doing business.

·Complexities associated with deploying new technologies present substantial risk.

·U.S. Cellular is subject to numerous surcharges and fees from federal, state and local governments, and the applicability and the amount of these fees are subject to great uncertainty.

·Changes in U.S. Cellular’s enterprise value, changes in the market supply or demand for wireless licenses, adverse developments in the business or the industry in which U.S. Cellular is involved and/or other factors could require U.S. Cellular to recognize impairments in the carrying value of its license costs, goodwill and/or physical assets.

·U.S. Cellular enters into commitments to purchase devices from vendors, the terms of which may span multiple years, including an agreement with Apple to purchase Apple iPhone products over a three-year period beginning in November 2013. If U.S. Cellular is unable to sell such committed devices at the rates and prices it projects, such differences could have a material adverse impact on U.S. Cellular's business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Costs, integration problems or other factors associated with acquisitions/divestitures of properties or licenses and/or expansion of U.S. Cellular’s business could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·A significant portion of U.S. Cellular’s revenues is derived from customers who buy services through independent agents who market U.S. Cellular’s services on a commission basis. If U.S. Cellular’s relationships with these agents are seriously harmed, its business, financial condition or results of operations could be adversely affected.

·U.S. Cellular’s investments in technologies which are unproven may not produce the benefits that U.S. Cellular expects.

·A failure by U.S. Cellular to complete significant network construction and systems implementation activities as part of its plans to improve the quality, coverage, capabilities and capacity of its network and support systems could have an adverse effect on its operations.

·Financial difficulties (including bankruptcy proceedings) or other operational difficulties of any of U.S. Cellular’s key suppliers, termination or impairment of U.S. Cellular’s relationships with such suppliers, or a failure by U.S. Cellular to manage its supply chain effectively could result in delays or termination of U.S. Cellular’s receipt of required equipment or services, or could result in excess quantities of required equipment or services, any of which could adversely affect U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·U.S. Cellular has significant investments in entities that it does not control. Losses in the value of such investments could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s financial condition or results of operations.

·A failure by U.S. Cellular to maintain flexible and capable telecommunication networks or information technology, or a material disruption thereof, including breaches of network or information technology security, could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Wars, conflicts, hostilities and/or terrorist attacks or equipment failures, power outages, natural disasters or other events could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·The market price of U.S. Cellular’s Common Shares is subject to fluctuations due to a variety of factors.

[hr][/hr]
    Table of Contents

·Identification of errors in financial information or disclosures could require amendments to or restatements of financial information or disclosures included in this or prior filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Such amendments or restatements and related matters, including resulting delays in filing periodic reports with the SEC, could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·The existence of material weaknesses in the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting could result in inaccurate financial statements or other disclosures or failure to prevent fraud, which could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Changes in facts or circumstances, including new or additional information that affects the calculation of potential liabilities for contingent obligations under guarantees, indemnities, claims, litigation or otherwise, could require U.S. Cellular to record charges in excess of amounts accrued in the financial statements, if any, which could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Disruption in credit or other financial markets, a deterioration of U.S. or global economic conditions or other events, could, among other things, impede U.S. Cellular’s access to or increase the cost of financing its operating and investment activities and/or result in reduced revenues and lower operating income and cash flows, which would have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Uncertainty of U.S. Cellular's ability to access capital, deterioration in the capital markets, other changes in market conditions, changes in U.S. Cellular’s credit ratings or other factors could limit or restrict the availability of financing on terms and prices acceptable to U.S. Cellular, which could require U.S. Cellular to reduce its construction, development or acquisition programs.

·Settlements, judgments, restraints on its current or future manner of doing business and/or legal costs resulting from pending and future litigation could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·The possible development of adverse precedent in litigation or conclusions in professional studies to the effect that radio frequency emissions from wireless devices and/or cell sites cause harmful health consequences, including cancer or tumors, or may interfere with various electronic medical devices such as pacemakers, could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·Claims of infringement of intellectual property and proprietary rights of others, primarily involving patent infringement claims, could prevent U.S. Cellular from using necessary technology to provide products or services or subject U.S. Cellular to expensive intellectual property litigation or monetary penalties, which could have an adverse effect on U.S. Cellular’s business, financial condition or results of operations.

·There are potential conflicts of interests between TDS and U.S. Cellular.

·Certain matters, such as control by TDS and provisions in the U.S. Cellular Restated Certificate of Incorporation, may serve to discourage or make more difficult a change in control of U.S. Cellular.

·Any of the foregoing events or other events could cause revenues, earnings, capital expenditures and/or any other financial or statistical information to vary from U.S. Cellular’s forward-looking estimates by a material amount.

While that doesn't say USCC will go under or sell out, it sure does paint a picture of them being in a VERY tough spot right now, and they could easily go either way.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You would find similar items in all of their 10-Qs and in the 10-Q of any mobile carrier. Federal law requires publicly traded companies to make these quarterly filings where they must state any potential challenges their business might face. The document is meant to be a guide to potential investors so it basically has to describe both the good and the bad of the business to give the potential investor the whole picture.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    You would find similar items in all of their 10-Qs and in the 10-Q of any mobile carrier. Federal law requires publicly traded companies to make these quarterly filings where they must state any potential challenges their business might face. The document is meant to be a guide to potential investors so it basically has to describe both the good and the bad of the business to give the potential investor the whole picture.

Sent with the HoFo App
    True, but USCC is in danger of seeing more of those scenarios than the other guys. The bit about having issues with customers from changing billing systems was right on the money. The other guys can lose several thousand customers and still be alright, USCC can't afford that.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    True, but USCC is in danger of seeing more of those scenarios than the other guys. The bit about having issues with customers from changing billing systems was right on the money. The other guys can lose several thousand customers and still be alright, USCC can't afford that.

Sent with the HoFo App
    That's what I'm saying. The statements made in the 10-Q have to be true. They are required by law to be so.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    My contract with USCC gives me a $1.00 rebate every time there is a takeover rumor on HoFo. Last night I had dinner with Warren Buffet and we compared portfolios and I think he was jealous. Tomorrow we are going sailing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    My contract with USCC gives me a $1.00 rebate every time there is a takeover rumor on HoFo. Last night I had dinner with Warren Buffet and we compared portfolios and I think he was jealous. Tomorrow we are going sailing.
    I want a job with Burlington Northern Santa Fe RR, could you mention it to him for me?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Amen man us cellular isn't going anywhere I can just sense it working within the company and some major perks announced they are getting their act together just not communicating it well.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keep0nkeepn0n View Post
    Amen man us cellular isn't going anywhere I can just sense it working within the company and some major perks announced they are getting their act together just not communicating it well.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Whoa, run on city there. I hope they can survive, but they have all but eliminated any differences between them and the big guys, something has to give eventually.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Whoa, run on city there. I hope they can survive, but they have all but eliminated any differences between them and the big guys, something has to give eventually.

Sent with the HoFo App
    At least T Mobile is innovating. USCC is just copying and pasting without the resources to back it up.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well uscc is in a lot of rural areas where the big guys are not. For those customers it's kind of a no brainer to stay with them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkm857 View Post
    Well uscc is in a lot of rural areas where the big guys are not. For those customers it's kind of a no brainer to stay with them.
    Where is US Cellular that doesn't have either AT&T or Verizon?

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    Where is US Cellular that doesn't have either AT&T or Verizon?
    One such place is Rio, WI (53960). No one but USCC. Look at the maps. AT&T and Verizon stop right in either side of the area (probably beacuse one of the lower 800 licenses is divided in half in the CMA with half for AT&T and the other half for Verizon). Sprint and T-Mobile are nonexistent for miles in every direction.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto M
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular who else?
    Feedback Score
    From Eufaula, OK to Wilburton, OK which is about 50 miles and from McAlester, OK toward Ft. Smith Arkansas on highway 31 which is around 50 miles. No other provider except US Cellular for a long ways. I've been told Verizon roamed on US Cellular by my nephew but no 4g and for some reason service isn't very good on his iphone 5s. I'm stuck with US Cellular until someone decides to tower up in this area. On the plus side LTE speeds are great (10-25 Mbps) and no dropped calls on my Moto M.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    We have several areas across Northwestern California whose only cell service is from USCC, Covelo here in Mendocino County is one, Hayfork in Trinity County is another, to name a couple. However, Verizon and USCC Roam in market onto each other here in NorCal, so if you have service with one, you'll have service with the other, that's for 1x and EVDO anyway, as far as I know USCC and Verizon don't Roam onto each other's LTE.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I want a job with Burlington Northern Santa Fe RR
    http://www.bnsf.com/careers/

Quote Originally Posted by imauser View Post
    On the plus side LTE speeds are great (10-25 Mbps) and no dropped calls on my Moto M.
    You're getting 10-25Mbps 4G speeds in SE Okla?
    Wow, we're getting only 6-8Mbps 4G and 300Mbps 3G in the north Texas USCC coverage area.
    "I'm not a control freak, I'm a control enthusiast"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast